+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bornthisway View Post
    A dermatologist office that claims to work closely with Allergan said they were bringing a product based on Latisse to market for hair loss very soon, like this Summer. Which isn't possible based on where it is in the trials... if only.
    uh, wut

What's weird is that Actavis completed Phase III trials for their drug DUR001-303 in March 2015 and are now releasing the results at the end of April.

But, Allergan completed Phase II trials for Bimatoprost in January and haven't released the results yet.

I don't think they haven't released it yet because of poor efficacy. Actavis owned DUR001-303 but they didn't own Bimatoprost. It could be Actavis is more concerned with launching their products first.

I don't really know what to think of bornthisway's post.

Hey Bornthisway what dermatologist do you see?

Quote Originally Posted by BiqqieSmalls View Post

I don't really know what to think of bornthisway's post.

Hey Bornthisway what dermatologist do you see?
    I said it's impossible. Clearly one or both parties are wrong :P I was shocked they knew about latisse being used for hair loss by Allergan so I thought it was mildly interesting to share but I even stated not going to happen..

Quote Originally Posted by bornthisway View Post
    A dermatologist office that claims to work closely with Allergan said they were bringing a product based on Latisse to market for hair loss very soon, like this Summer. Which isn't possible based on where it is in the trials... if only.
    it's possible but very unlikely, 2B finished in January, phase III is minimum 6 months, thus could be done in June(if they did it without announcing)

wouldn't trust these friends of a friends source though.

still excited for this product, very intriguing

I'm not concerned by bim, i'm concerned about the price, if they sell latisse for 150$, at 3% even with mass production the price will be incredible, this is the only real reason why they could stop a bim treatment, i can totally see how they could sell this for 200-250$ a month lol

I read somewhere that Latisse works by keeping the hair in the growing phase longer and that eyelashes only have 30% or so in the growing phase at one time this is why it makes such a dramatic difference with eyelashes. But hair on the top of the head has 70% or so in the growing phase at the one time so Latisse or Bim probably wont work that well for MPB. Dont quote me on those exact figures.

How can we figure out where Actavis is with Bim?

Visited Allegran's website and went to the "Contact" page and wrote the following:

Hello,

As a shareholder, can you please inform me where Actavis or Allegran stands in regards to Phase II trials of Bimatoprost for the treatment of androgenic alopecia?

If you cannot update me with such information, can you provide me with details for when the next shareholder meeting will be?

Thank you kindly for your attention to this matter.

they would literally have a stranglehold on the market as well. No other product can go to Phase III right now, the closest would be CB or SM who are probably about 2 years behind in the timeline at least. Imagine as a company having essentially a monopoly on the market introducing what is essentially the sequel to rogaine(essentially another topical but much more effective).

I know this doesn't mean much, but I contacted Allergan back in Feb and tried to ask someone if they knew anything about the results. After a couple of line transfers I finally spoke to a guy (don't remember his name) and he acted like he had never heard of the scalp product at all. I guess I cant expect anymore than that. But I tried hahaha.

On a side note, I have been using Latisse and Careprost once a day since about November. I use roughly 10 drops a night. At first I thought it was helping on my temples, but ive seen no further growth at all since. Not only that the hair is still thinning. Sooooo, I know the .03% isn't enough to grow hair, but now im kinda doubting if even stronger concentrations will do anything for the scalp. Its a sad thought