+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

This is impressive. Arashi, you should do this for money, through a website or something! I would probably pay a few hundred dollars for you to map my hair counts before, and during different regiments, especially in the MPB zones. Does anyone offer this kind of thing? Certainly you could design some kind of software that is able to make it easier?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    This is impressive. Arashi, you should do this for money, through a website or something! I would probably pay a few hundred dollars for you to map my hair counts before, and during different regiments, especially in the MPB zones. Does anyone offer this kind of thing? Certainly you could design some kind of software that is able to make it easier?
    Thanks but one really needs the kind of high quality photo's that AlmostUndone shot, most people are not able to shoot them like that. And doing it manually, it's tons of work. And I just built upon what AlmostUndone did first, the linking of the photo's and then the marking of the grafts with circles, he must have spent at least the amount of time that I've spent, so doing it manually, that's a LOT of work.

Writing a computer program for it, thats an interesting thought though

@Almostundone, is there any way I can help you out with recipient already ? Basically I'm just waiting for you, I have some free time and I'd love to dedicate it to this project. If you can think of any way I can help you at this stage, maybe linking photo's, maybe circling grafts, just let me know mate !

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    @Almostundone, is there any way I can help you out with recipient already ? Basically I'm just waiting for you, I have some free time and I'd love to dedicate it to this project. If you can think of any way I can help you at this stage, maybe linking photo's, maybe circling grafts, just let me know mate !
    I felt it necessary to begin my own analysis of the donor area. It's quite almost ready, but cost me those few days which I could have spent linking recipient photos. But I wouldn't mind linking them, so I won't need to upload 60 large-sized photographs for you?

You can't circle any grafts before I've taken the final photographs. No I can't promise it'll be done this month. It depends a bit on the sun's angle into my apartment; I rented huge electric lights for the "before" pictures, but it was more convenient to rely on daylight as I did in the rest of the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostUndone View Post
    I felt it necessary to begin my own analysis of the donor area. It's quite almost ready, but cost me those few days which I could have spent linking recipient photos. But I wouldn't mind linking them, so I won't need to upload 60 large-sized photographs for you?

You can't circle any grafts before I've taken the final photographs. No I can't promise it'll be done this month. It depends a bit on the sun's angle into my apartment; I rented huge electric lights for the "before" pictures, but it was more convenient to rely on daylight as I did in the rest of the photos.
    Hmmm not even this month, that's quite a disappointment. But then again, it's your project man and I'm grateful you're doing all this.

Again, if there's any way I can help out to speed things up, take some work of your table, just let me know.

Good luck !

Arashi eh, I'm working my ass off even when I'm not engaged to this project. My own analysis killed off a week at least, but I really wanted to make an easy way for anyone to see how many hairs were lost.

Verifying the analysis you made is slow work, as it's difficult to look up numbers, and with the need to compare before/after images side by side. In my analysis you don't always need to compare the images side by side. I composed a rectangular grid where all the circled extraction sites fall into groups of four. You can just look up any arbitrary group from the excel sheet to see if everything adds up, and circling errors are also easy to detect in this way.

I counted exactly the same result as you previously did in the first area. You counted 91 hairs lost in 104 extraction points. I counted 89 hairs lost in 105 extraction points plus 2 sites, where we saw more hair in the "after" photo than in the "before photos.
    Meaning this: 216 out of 305 + 2 hairs grew back. The rest, 91 hairs, were lost.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...TEST_march.jpg

Arashi eh, I'm working my ass off even when I'm not engaged to this project. My own analysis killed off a week at least, but I really wanted to make an easy way for anyone to see how many hairs were lost.
    Dont get me wrong mate, I know you do. It's a shitload of work. It's just the suspense man, we're so close to the final conclusion, can't wait But again, I'm not complaining at all, in fact, I'm really grateful for all you're doing ! And I'm sure others are too. Without you we would never have had this analysis !

I counted exactly the same result as you previously did in the first area
    Awesome !

I counted 1243 lost hairs in my donor.

In the "before" images, I can confirm a total of 4354 hairs which existed in the extraction sites. In the "after" images, using all the multiple viewpoints available, I could verify no more than 3248 hairs left. This simple calculation reveals 1106 lost hairs.

However, I observed a bunch of extraction sites, where we could see more hairs in the "after"-image than in the "before"-image. That totals up to 137 hairs (named in the excel sheet as "reduntant hairs"). This comparison shows that there were 4354+137-3248 = 1243 lost hairs in total.

I should be able to justify every hair count in the images by looking at the extraction sites from all the viewpoints we have. My analysis has the advantage over Arashi's in being relatively easy for anyone to verify. Instead of individual extraction points, the basic unit of my analysis is a group of 4 extraction points. Now hopefully I remembered to include everything:

EXCEL COUNT SHEET: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ount_march.xls

Left side, before: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._before_98.jpg
    Right side, before: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._before_98.jpg

Left side, after: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...t_after_98.jpg
    Right side, after: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...t_after_98.jpg

Left side, extractions: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ractions97.jpg
    Left side, extractions (AN ADDITIONAL VIEWPOINT): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20PICTURE.jpg
    Right side, extractions: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ractions97.jpg
    Right side, extractions (AN ADDITIONAL VIEWPOINT): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20PICTURE.jpg

Is everything here correct, I'll need to inquire.

I counted 1243 lost hairs in my donor.
    That's 12% more lost hairs than I counted. But that's pretty acceptable to me (I think I've been quite conservative indeed in my counting). If the amount of hair in your recipient is anywhere between 1106-1243 hairs, then we're just looking at a normal FUE. And I'm betting money on it that that's what we're going to see

Remember: 80% regrowth means that we'll need to see 5x more hair than that