+ Reply to Thread

Default Thriller Fiction - Spotting the Bad Guy

I've now read four books by Karin Slaughter and have worked out how to find out 'whodunnit' without having to read the whole thing. Just wait for the introduction of the first balding guy in her book, and bingo! It's him each and every time.

We see that in the movies all the time. The bald guy is always the killer, thug, or dope. Unless it’s Bruce Willis or Jason Stathern.

To be fair, the majority of bad guys and dopes in movies have a full head of hair. You're just much less likely to have a leading man with visible hairloss. It's important to remember that this doesn't mean you can't be a desirable man in real life if you are losing hair.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I just thought Karin Slaughter deserved that post for being such a prejudiced bitch. I've pretty much given away every plot line of every book she's ever written.

In Genesis, the bad guy has 'a bald patch like a soccer dad.'

In Fractured, the bad guy, who works at the 'Copyright Store' whatever the hell that is, is described as having thinning hair.

In Broken, the bad guy is described as being young but with a massive bald spot on the back of his head.

I can't remember the name of the other one I read, but it's a fairly obvious pattern.

I hope Karin Slaughter gets Alopecia Areata.

She's probably a man-hater who has fixed upon this male-only condition to apply to her bad guy characters, or maybe she has daddy issues and her father is/was bald.

Is she actually any good as a writer? There are endless other authors you can choose from. Ditch the Karin Slaughter and read something else.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I thought the books were okay at first. By the end of the fourth I was very pissed off with her and decided to get my own books instead of borrowing them from my girlfriend!

I just thought as payback I'd give away the perpetrator in all her whodunnits!

Haha, I just watched a movie with Jason Statham Wrath of Man yesterday. A good film, by the way, I recommend

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed by 35 View Post
    I've now read four books by Karin Slaughter and have worked out how to find out 'whodunnit' without having to read the whole thing. Just wait for the introduction of the first balding guy in her book, and bingo! It's him each and every time.
    Thats a great movie though.