Dr Ekrem Civas - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dr Ekrem Civas

Red face Dr Ekrem Civas

Hey guys,

I have been researching about the best FUE Dr in Turkey and I was narrowed to Dr Ekrem Civas according to the good reputation and long experience he has. I did the online consultation and emailed the clinic. Patricia who works their replied me all details I need to know about like estimated number of grafts (3200), situation of my hair, technique will be used, area will be covered, price, and expected results. I messaged Patricia via WhatsApp and she answered all of my questions and explained them properly. I will do the surgery on the 5th of June. I will be posting when pictures before, during, and after the surgery.

Wish me the best

Regards,

Please check the following link as I will be posting all pictures monthly.

https://ekremcivasblog.wordpress.com...r-ekrem-civas/

All the Best Wanderlust1

Default 3500 FUE Dr Ekrem Civas

Hey there - saw your post and thought I'd reply rather than start new thread.

When I researched HT clinics I remember feeling really overwhelmed. There weren’t very many online reviews (or people who had taken clear before/after pics); most of the info and pics I got was directly from the clinics, and I didn’t know how much I could rely on the pictures. I decided after waiting for the end result of my surgery I would write a detailed and honest review to help other people out in choosing a place.

Summary
    I contacted about 20 HT clinics in Turkey and finally chose Dr Civas. It was average priced (not the lowest quote I got, and not the highest). Here’s a summary of my experience. I waited the full two years to see the end result of the surgery.

About me: 34 years old at time of surgery, from Canada. Irish/Ukrainian descent with dark brown hair. I had some clinics tell me my donor area wasn't that great, which may have impacted my final results. A few clinics had even told me I would need two surgeries. My hair loss is both in crown and frontal (started at about age 25). I would have been about a Norwood 4 or 5 I think.

Clinic: Dr. Ekrem Civas, Civas Hair Transplant in Ankara, Turkey
    Surgery: 3500 grafts with FUE (about 9000 hairs). The cost at the time was about 1 euro per graft (special rate), and worked out to be $5000.00 (Canadian dollar).
    Date of surgery: October 2015
    Pictures: Before HT (2015) and 2.5 years later (March 2018)

Dr Civas's team was excellent. I have only good things to say. Patricia was prompt with replies, helpful with questions, and I didn't feel they rushed during the surgery. The surgery was one day. From what I can remember, Dr Civas met with me to discuss the surgery, drew the hairline; then proceeded with the freezing (which was painless). He was the one who created all of the holes for the transplants. The bulk of the time was spent by the 3 technicians who implanted the follicles (about 5 hours or more probably). Dr. Civas would check in on me regularly.

All in all I am quite pleased withe results, with the exception of the crown. I thought I would get more coverage; however, I may have lost more hair since the surgery. I think they did an excellent job of the hair line and the frontal part, which for me was the most important. I remember viewing other HT photos and noticing that he hairline seemed artificial. Nobody can tell I had a HT (one barber so far has been able to spot it, but he was looking really closely). I currently don't use any medication but am thinking I will try finasteride again. I went on it last year but noticed a decrease in labido, so I stopped. Also, I still have some mild numbness on my head as a result of the surgery (which can happen in rare cases I am told). It sometimes bothers me but is improving.

If anyone has questions let me know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2059.JPG

Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	56122   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2069 (1).jpg

Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	56123   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender_2.jpg

Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	56125   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-06 11.40.07.jpg

Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	56124   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown.jpg

Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	56132   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4677.jpg

Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	56127   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7182.jpg

Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	56129   Click image for larger version

Name:	crown2.jpg

Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	56133   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7174.jpg

Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	56128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7181.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	56126  

Hi pecstretch,

Your results look good. I also need about 3500 grafts and from my research, my top 2 choices are Dr. Civas or Dr. Cinik.
    Was Dr. Cinik one of the 20 HT clinics you contacted?

No I didn't contact their office. There's just too many to choose from. If I was doing it again there was a place that said they'd do FUE over two days for the same cost (which I think is much more advantageous, and would have probably been a better result). At that time the clinic was called "BHT Hair Clinic Turkey" and the surgeon was Dr Ayhan Colak. He apparently worked under Dr Hakan Doganay for a few years, who is well known and one of the top surgeons. Having gone through the surgery, I realize (retrospectively) having the surgery over two days probably would be worth it. I think everything is just more secure (people aren't rushed, less room for error, more time to do the job properly, etc). Also because I had a weak donor area, that clinic said they could have implanted some chest hair for better coverage! Anyway, I'd check that place out if you haven't already found one.

Thanks for the detailed info. I just contacted Dr Civas but havent heard back yet. I am in USA so will be a long flight but man the cost in the US is so rediculously expensive! Very impressive results.

I went with Dr. Cinik.

hi reversflash,
    how did you find yourself with doctor Cinik?