+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MG63 View Post
    I use Bovine Colostrum from the ABS group, which has patented extraction process that yields the highest Immunglobins and Growth Factors. Below are links to the products. For people with milk allergies or concerns about Casein sensitivity, Goat Colostrum is also available on iherb.

http://www.iherb.com/Symbiotics-Colo...3&sr=null&ic=5

http://www.iherb.com/Mt-Capra-CapraC...4&sr=null&ic=1

I also use a spray to boost immunity and boost GF. Sub-lingual absorption is quite effective because it by passes the gut and goes straight to blood stream. I applied this topically to a burn - it healed within 24 hours.

http://www.iherb.com/California-Gold...2&sr=null&ic=1
    You've got me interested in trying these out and seeing if it makes a difference when i get CRP done again in February

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

The patients I meet with the best hair in spite of a moderate family history of hair loss are generally those who use finasteride and/or dutasteride along with an above average percentage of every topical and supplement known that fights MPB. MPB may be largely due to changes in the scalp itself such as a reduced fatty layer, decreased vascularization, and reduced blood platelet growth factors. It's interesting to note though, that even in the near completely bald areas there are often a few decent caliber hairs that survive the hostile growth environment.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

I just had my second session done today. I'll go back for my next one at the start of January before going into a 4 or 6 month routine.

I also took a ride in a cab with a driver who sat and raved about greco. Apparently he drives a lot of grecos patients to and from the airport and the general feedback is very good (people complain about price). Anecdote at its finest, but it's probably as valuable as randos on a hair loss forum

Quote Originally Posted by Stocione View Post
    I just had my second session done today. I'll go back for my next one at the start of January before going into a 4 or 6 month routine.

I also took a ride in a cab with a driver who sat and raved about greco. Apparently he drives a lot of grecos patients to and from the airport and the general feedback is very good (people complain about price). Anecdote at its finest, but it's probably as valuable as randos on a hair loss forum

Anything to report so far? and how are your conversations with Greco? Has he had anyone go monthly initially like you are?

I'm the first with AGA. He's cautiously optimistic but we both understand that it may provide no additional benefit. I saw a reduction in shedding for about a week but it picked up at a worse rate. Too early to say anything.

I also saw this initially, now my shedding/hair is in the worst condition of my life. I'm a little over 2 months out, so I guess we will see if this is a good/bad shedding in the next 2 months. However, my scalp became oily and irritated just this last week out of nowhere. Only time will tell.

I seem to have been losing quite a lot of hair still. I stopped using liquid minox and am now using foam, although I don't think minox has ever done anything for me. My scalp is definitely in better condition, as it used to itch and hurt frequently, but I think part of that was irritation from the PG in liquid minox.

What do you guys have to report?

I'm now almost 3 months out.

I had PRP done several weeks ago. I'm a NW2-3 with diffuse thinning.

I've been shedding quite a bit since the procedure. I'm not entirely sure how much I shed before, though, but I imagine not this much. The only other treatment I'm on is nizoral (started 1-2 months before the PRP treatment).

Since I've heard of sheds on minox/propecia, I'm not too worried. When I see the hairs I like to think of them as the weak/thin ones being shed to get replaced with healthier ones. To me it's a sign that the treatment is doing something (I highly doubt it would have a negative impact on hair, it would either be neutral or positive).

I'm back to my regular shedding rate. I'm at about a month and a half right now.

Below are pics - the one on left is 2010 - 2014 is current.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 - 2014.jpg

Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	36630