+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Follicum

Quote Originally Posted by gainspotter View Post
    Follicum- is this where you rub jizz on your scalp to promote hair growth?
    More than likely. I heard its been done before with total hair loss reversal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I think its good that the community missed this one, because that means there can be hundreds of similar companies out there that we don't know about. Also there can be companies that are much ahead of this one. If they don't need funding there is no reason to go public with their progress.

Replicel, Histogen, CB and a bunch of companies like Follicum makes it very likely that we have something significantly better than today within 0-3 years, and a cure within 5-10 years in my opinion.

I know that not many people here share my optimism, most people like to be negative and some just because they don't wanna risk to be disappointed. But I truly believe that something exciting will come soon. Most likely it will come from a company we never heard of before.
    I share your optimism, we keep getting a steady supply of promising information every few months, when things drop off a little everyone says that it's over and they give up hope. Were gonna be alright guys, it sucks that we can't have a cure now, it sucks that I won't have a good head of hair in high school, but things will get better.

The amount of time and money it takes to get something to the finish line here does rain a little on my parade for this stuff. Lots of things simply fizzle out because they cant get hundreds of millions to see something through to the finish line and MPB is certainly one of those areas where it has happened before. Even CB is going after acne first because it affects more women and also most men even more then MPB so its much larger audience. All about the money and then you have the hurdle of being better than propecia to make it worthwhile.
    CB is the nearest right now so my hope is someone license it and push it through quickly so I can use that and pretend propecia never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    More than likely. I heard its been done before with total hair loss reversal.
    i dont no why people post stuff like that, it dont do anything to help us and bring a cure for us all

Quote Originally Posted by paulneedshair View Post
    i dont no why people post stuff like that, it dont do anything to help us and bring a cure for us all
    I thought it was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYyLx9BeMfg

it's all in swedish tho ...

BUMP.
    I think that they have had a couple of "good" news lately and haven't seen any posts about this.

They were noted in the stock market this november and have had a few pretty good news since that.(toxic studies went well,
    They have done some studies that finnished and they are aiming to do the human trials this year. In a couple of days they are going to have a meeting with some kind of european medecin agency.
    They are also trying to get partners(licensing) to make this happen asap.

I think that the website is better updated atm but i'm not sure.
    http://www.follicum.se/?lang=en

also here is one of their presentation, in swedish.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QIOfFx6DVo preclinical results: 12.44 - I'm not the right person to translate/summarize it though.

atm it seems that they are able to block the hairgrowth on human, but in mice it's the other way around(If i'm not wrong,they did regrow a whole back of a mouse with just a couple of injections/week) and they think that it's possible to make that on humans aswell.

im swedish and understood everything, this is not something feasible dont get your hopes up its nothing i would focus on.

Looking at the "History" section of the Follicum website http://www.follicum.se/?page_id=21, this is another collaboration project with Prof. Ralf Paus. So it has some credibility.

I have heard some ridiculous names for hair loss products but follicum tops them all.