+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Haircut/Buzzcut Update

Well guys..

I did it. I buzzed my hair with a three on top and a two on back and sides fading. Prior to it I felt nervous, shaking all sorts.

The girl who cut it was pretty good about it and knew what she was doing. Straight after I went to work and I was dead nervous about peoples reactions.

I work with mainly people who are 30+ Men and Women, bald, balding and Norwood 0. Most of the reactions were either of surprise or positive, so Im happy there.

Family wise, my dad asked if I was going bald to which I said for the past year lol. Brother liked it and younger sister thought it was funny (she is 12, I will allow it).

Pros: Its short, simple, as far as I can tell, no one really cares or it's been positive, hopefully it looks good in a suit!

Cons: Its clear I am losing my hair, you can make out a horseshoe in bright light, but then you could when it was long. Bear in mind Im on no regimen, no minox, no fin, the odd bald comment is mentioned too.

Pictures to follow...

Good move; keep it buzzed, glad it went well.

Good for you, man. I'm excited to see your pics; hopefully they'll help me nut up and do my own.

I'm only on the fence about it because in dim light my hair looks normal, but in bright light it looks awful (at least to me).

Are you still thinking about treatmet to keep some stubble on top? I think I can cope with a buzz cut, but I'm afraid of getting totally bare up top still. I'll still being seeing the derm in 1 mo. - wishing I had bumped it back to today-ish.

Again, congrats, broseph.

Cheers guys.

Big Thinker, in bright light it is obvious I am losing my hair, but then it always was anyway.

Thing is, my hairline is perfect, its great even. But the diffuse thin is clear to see through the top of the head to vertex etc.

For now, Im just gonna let it settle in and let people get used to it (I have many more people to shock!)

I am considering the Big Three whilst maintaining a Buzz, if I can thicken it I'll be happy, however this has made me realise that baldness isn't the end of the world.

And I was s******* myself getting it done, but the girl who did it was understanding and excellent. The real test is on a night out...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Cheers guys.

Big Thinker, in bright light it is obvious I am losing my hair, but then it always was anyway.

Thing is, my hairline is perfect, its great even. But the diffuse thin is clear to see through the top of the head to vertex etc.

For now, Im just gonna let it settle in and let people get used to it (I have many more people to shock!)

I am considering the Big Three whilst maintaining a Buzz, if I can thicken it I'll be happy, however this has made me realise that baldness isn't the end of the world.

And I was s******* myself getting it done, but the girl who did it was understanding and excellent. The real test is on a night out...
    Keep it buzzed don't let it grow out! A number 3 is still pretty long in terms of a buzz cut it's more of a suede head than a skinhead which is why it might look thin, stubble is really what you want to be aiming for. Now you've got it done go a grade shorter every month until you're running a grade 1 or zero all over. Told you you'd feel better once you did it and everyone has seen it. If you want my advice keep off the fin, it's not worth putting your body through all that hormone suppression if you're keeping your head shaved. Minox fair enough.

Pros: Its short, simple, as far as I can tell, no one really cares or it's been positive, hopefully it looks good in a suit!
    Of course no one cares
    And it will look fine
    You may get comments at first but that's natural .
    After the initial seeing of you with shorter hair no one will care
    But as mentioned # 3 is still long .
    Go back in 2 weeks and go for the # 2 all over
    You'll get used to it and like it

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Of course no one cares
    And it will look fine
    You may get comments at first but that's natural .
    After the initial seeing of you with shorter hair no one will care
    But as mentioned # 3 is still long .
    Go back in 2 weeks and go for the # 2 all over
    You'll get used to it and like it
    Do you think a Grade 2 will get rid of that thin whispy see through look?

Do you think a Grade 2 will get rid of that thin whispy see through look?
    No, a grade 1 will get rid of that, but that being said, work your way down to it, go down a grade each month people wont even really notice they're already used to your shaved head now, but to get rid of the whispy look you need a grade 1 or a no guard.

I think you're right. I'm already using Nizoral too, not sure what effect it's having, but hey it's quoted on here millions of times.

Do you think Minox foam would help thicken it or cause a buzzed shed?

Inactive

The only thing you use is Nizoral? Is this real life? Why even come to these forums if you're unwilling to fight it? You should just lie down and shave it now so you have plenty of time to get used to looking like Mr. Clean.