+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default My RU and DUT experiment

Hello everyone,
    As some of you already know, I am one of those people that has horrible luck when it comes to hair loss. finasteride and 5% minoxidil simply does not work. I am becoming horribly diffused thin now at an unreasonable rate. I am throwing in the towel on these treatments and making one last stand against hair loss with the two most recognized and powerful treatments.

I will not start another thread, there is no reason - this is it. I have been on .5mg DUT for almost 3 weeks now and have ordered every item to start mixing my own weekly batches of RU58841. I will apply the RU every night after washing my hair. Additionally, in the morning I will continue to apply a 15% compounded minoxidil cream, which I have been for over a week now. Everything should be here by the end of this week.

I will start posting pictures on a bi-weekly to monthly basis, even if the results are poor. I know this regiment seems extreme, but there is nothing else I can do at this point. I have a good feeling I will not experience side effects. If I do experience a slow in shedding, perhaps it will be hard to determine if it is from the RU or the DUT, but at this point I can't give a sh*t. I will experience this upcoming summer as a semi-happy bald man, or as an extremely happy man who has retained what he has left. I will keep you updated. Wish me luck.

Goodluck James, keep us updated.

Hi James,

I am in exactly the same situation as yourself with the finasteride, diffuse thinning and balding crown. I too am losing a vast amount of hair on a daily basis.

I gave up finasteride and started RU. I noticed no itching on a couple of days, then stupidly decided to give finasteride a try recently and have seen more hair loss. Back off finasteride now so I'm hoping I will get this non itching back once it wears off. I am very interested to see how DUT works for you James. I do honestly believe that good regrowth is possible for us but we just haven't found which drug suits us yet

Quote Originally Posted by mic28 View Post
    Hi James,

I am in exactly the same situation as yourself with the finasteride, diffuse thinning and balding crown. I too am losing a vast amount of hair on a daily basis.

I gave up finasteride and started RU. I noticed no itching on a couple of days, then stupidly decided to give finasteride a try recently and have seen more hair loss. Back off finasteride now so I'm hoping I will get this non itching back once it wears off. I am very interested to see how DUT works for you James. I do honestly believe that good regrowth is possible for us but we just haven't found which drug suits us yet
    Doinmyheadin,
    Thanks brother, I definitely will

Thanks mic,
    That's a very encouraging statement. I don't know too much about your particular case, but 90% of my hair loss has occured in the last two years. After 31 years of relatively stable, super slow MPB, shit hit the fan REALLY quick. I am hoping that, because this is relatively recent, I will be able to bring at least some of it back. Once you start with experimentation and have poor results, it sure is difficult to continue and transition to something new. Your gut tells you that same thing will just happen again. I will post some pics of my current situation in the next week. Then every few weeks update them. I hope to God this sh*t works.

Hi James, it is exactly 2 years since I noticed my hair loss and it has been quick loss ever since. Look forward to hearing about your results with DUT. Il let you know how I get on with RU again hopefully once this finasteride wears off

James, you really need to try Setipiprant if you have itching and some oil issues. I'm on my second month and compared to what my scalp felt like, it's about 85% now. I'm seeing a derm tomorrow because I believe I actually have a fungal infection of some kind that isn't responding to medicated shampoos. If I started seti back when I first started this battle, think I'd be in a WAY better place mentally and aesthetically.

Good luck on Ru though. I've considered using it, but I have to get this build up off my scalp and out of my follicles first lol. And definitely keep us updated with the minox. Are you using belgravia minox or Murray Ace apothecary? Or some one else's?

Quote Originally Posted by mic28 View Post
    Hi James, it is exactly 2 years since I noticed my hair loss and it has been quick loss ever since. Look forward to hearing about your results with DUT. Il let you know how I get on with RU again hopefully once this finasteride wears off
    Are you getting your RU from kane? What vehicle are you using? Are you mixing weekly batches? Has it significantly helped with the scalp sensations? I have been through this so many times that I am 100% that, at least in my body, the scalp sensations = hair loss. If I don't feel it for a while, I barely lose hair. When I feel it, I lose tons.

Good luck dude

Be careful with 15% minoxidil, I had heart palp side effects and the shed that came after withdrawal wasn't fun

How do we go about getting setipeprant? I have this same build up as yourself Ziggy.

James I generally mix a batch every 4 days. 50mg per day with 50% alcohol 50% PG

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyz123 View Post
    James, you really need to try Setipiprant if you have itching and some oil issues. I'm on my second month and compared to what my scalp felt like, it's about 85% now. I'm seeing a derm tomorrow because I believe I actually have a fungal infection of some kind that isn't responding to medicated shampoos. If I started seti back when I first started this battle, think I'd be in a WAY better place mentally and aesthetically.

Good luck on Ru though. I've considered using it, but I have to get this build up off my scalp and out of my follicles first lol. And definitely keep us updated with the minox. Are you using belgravia minox or Murray Ace apothecary? Or some one else's?
    Ziggy,
    What made you decide on seti? How do you know it is not the DUT that is relieving your scalp issues? I don't know about seti man. For how much it costs, there really is a lack of evidence that it works, especially for scalp inflammation. Perhaps I have not researched it enough. I will tell you one thing. I don't know if it's the DUT or the new compounded minox, but for the first time in 10 months, the scalp sensations are super minimal. I can actually sleep at night without the feeling of red ants crawling under my scalp tissue. I pray to GOD it is some miracle and these treatments are already reducing my inflammation. I would rather go completely bald tomorrow than ever feel that again. Also, after 10 months of 100-200 hairs lost a day, the last three days, I have lost like 30-40/ day (trust me, I am meticulous with my counting.) It seems unreasonable and in defiance of physiology that any treatment would work on reducing shedding within 3 weeks, so I can't conclude it is the treatments. Maybe the fin finally started to work after 10 months? I don't know. Either way, I feel o.k. for once and am sticking with what I am doing now - 15% compounded minox, 1mg fin eod and .5mg DUT daily. I use murray ave minox.