+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Hello Guy's,

Any news about this HassonAndWong topical finasteride ????

Is it available ? Where buy it ?
    If it's the equivalent to 1mg whitout side effect, why non advertising ???

Thanks for informations

Where is a legit place to buy this then? That is one of the biggest problems with this small scale underground stuff there are never reliable manufacturers where its easy to try the stuff and be sure its the real deal. How much does it cost? I dont really have a prescription or anything though

It has been available to H&W patients for about a year and a half maybe closer to two years. You can't buy it anywhere because Merck still has the patent on topical finasteride even though they never released it. This means that no one, anywhere, can legally sell a topical finasteride product to the masses. You must have a prescription and the topical has to be sold in batches made to order by a compounding pharmacy, of which there happens to be a very good one just down the street from H&W ( I was just there today, in fact). To get topical fin from H&W you have to go to the clinic in Vancouver to have a consultation. There is no other legal way.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    It has been available to H&W patients for about a year and a half maybe closer to two years. You can't buy it anywhere because Merck still has the patent on topical finasteride even though they never released it. This means that no one, anywhere, can legally sell a topical finasteride product to the masses. You must have a prescription and the topical has to be sold in batches made to order by a compounding pharmacy, of which there happens to be a very good one just down the street from H&W ( I was just there today, in fact). To get topical fin from H&W you have to go to the clinic in Vancouver to have a consultation. There is no other legal way.

Joe, I'm curious as to how Hasson and Wong is getting this to work. Doesn't topical finasteride have to go into the bloodstream to work? Wouldn't it then cause side effects just like oral?

Thanks,
    FTL

Hi FTL,

H&W aren't getting it to work. The pharmacist is In all seriousness however, topical delivery methods do not stay out of the bloodstream entirely so there is no guarantee that one will not get side effects with any topical medication when compared to it's oral equivalent but the amount that makes it into the bloodstream is significantly less so in theory any side effects should also be significantly less, if any manifest to begin with. Topical delivery allows for a more targeted delivery with less of the medication being delivered systemically where it is more likely to affect other systems.
    Joe Tillman

Thanks for the reply Joe. I wonder if they are reaching a compromise between the direct affect from using the drug topically, with minimal amounts reaching the blood stream where it's still beneficial for the patient.

Or if the patients that have tried it all had placebo sides from it orally.

H, i with your experience at H&S , Do you find that topical works better than oral in most cases? I don't have any sides, but oral is losing effectiveness after over 15 years on it.

Thanks again, for all your good work

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Thanks for the reply Joe. I wonder if they are reaching a compromise between the direct affect from using the drug topically, with minimal amounts reaching the blood stream where it's still beneficial for the patient.

Or if the patients that have tried it all had placebo sides from it orally.
    FTL,
    I think it was determined that indeed less medication is getting to the target areas of the scalp compared to what would be delivered orally but enough of it is apparently getting through to make a positive impact. I can't speak to the number of patients that had side effects for whatever reason. They all had them and I'm certain some were real.
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman70 View Post
    H, i with your experience at H&S , Do you find that topical works better than oral in most cases? I don't have any sides, but oral is losing effectiveness after over 15 years on it.

Thanks again, for all your good work
    For fighting hair loss? I would say no because you are getting more medication overall and the amount that the body metabolizes is constant. With any topical, no matter how exacting the dosages are, some will be wasted during delivery so the consistency I think would not be as reliable but no doubt it works. I think overall it is best to use oral, if anything, because it is easy and convenient and I feel it works best. The topical should be considered ONLY if one cannot work out the sides from the oral version.

If you feel that the effects are wearing off, I have to ask if you have ever switched to and still using the generic? If you have/are, switch back to name brand and give that a go. If not, talk to your doctor about upping your dosage. There is evidence that results are dose dependant.
    Joe Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    FTL,
    I think it was determined that indeed less medication is getting to the target areas of the scalp compared to what would be delivered orally but enough of it is apparently getting through to make a positive impact. I can't speak to the number of patients that had side effects for whatever reason. They all had them and I'm certain some were real.
    SO, you are telling that users who used this topical finasterid have side effects ???
    I hope we will have soon an other topical fina with a better price ! Because 60-65$ /days is high !