Joined a dating website. I put no pic, but I get responses asking for a pic... - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Thanks for all of your feedback gentlemen. I appreciate it.

Great points from all of you. I am just so used to getting rejected, shunned, and loathed by women looking at my appearance in real life, that I finally turned to the internet for love. I sent cropped pics to two chicks who responded to my interests. One was fine with it. The other kept asking why, and I told her that my camera is bad(horrible excuse), but it kept the conversation going, and atleast we talked about other interests like faith and sports.

If one of them actually shows interest and says ok to a date. I will reveal my true image of Norwood 7 fully bald. If she rejects me then, like every girl has in real life, I'll move on to the next.

I paid good money($120+) for a 6 month membership, so this website better get me a girlfriend by the end of the 6 months, or else I'll be extremely disappointed.
    Just remember every guy gets rejected online. As I said, it took me 150 rejections for one date.

If you are persistent enough, you will eventually find women that are interested. I never did online dating until recently, but what I found from doing it women have different tastes. I get all sorts of women attracted to me, ugly, attractive, fat, skinny.

Same will happen to you.

Rejection sucks and happens to everyone. Period. But don't let it get to you. When I get rejected I have a bad habit of trying to make the girl regret her decision, show her up by doing something awesome or finding a more attractive girl. Which makes me get hung up over someone I can't be with.
    Have you thought about learning an instrument? It can help you in many ways. I bought a guitar and did lessons thinking it would help me get girls, it's so much more than that. Once you get the basics it's actually very enjoyable. Great conversation starter, confidence booster, lots of fun, and many girls love hearing a guitar. Acquiring skills will help you tremendously, if you have something to offer people, they will too.

Flight you have to be straight forward you cant just meet them in person with a nw7. Why would you want to go through that weird situation. Post a pic without any cropping.
    Like the previous member mentioned tinder is good for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Rejection sucks and happens to everyone. Period. But don't let it get to you. When I get rejected I have a bad habit of trying to make the girl regret her decision, show her up by doing something awesome or finding a more attractive girl. Which makes me get hung up over someone I can't be with.
    Have you thought about learning an instrument? It can help you in many ways. I bought a guitar and did lessons thinking it would help me get girls, it's so much more than that. Once you get the basics it's actually very enjoyable. Great conversation starter, confidence booster, lots of fun, and many girls love hearing a guitar. Acquiring skills will help you tremendously, if you have something to offer people, they will too.
    I learned piano long ago.

Damn, haven't seen yeahyeahyeah around here in a while.

I finally got the courage to put up a profile on a popular dating website. So far, I sent a lot of interests and 2 responded asking for a pic. So, I cropped out just the face and send it. Now, they keep asking me why I cropped out just the eyebrows downward, and I keep changing the subject.

If one of them says ok to a date, I think I'll just wear a hat.
    *Facepalm*

This is dishonest and you're setting yourself up for failure. If they find out you're bald and they don't reject you for being bald, they'll reject you for being dishonest. Also, if you're a NW 7, shave your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    Many women these days have daddy issues so this might work in your favor. You could be like that father they never had.
    That's um... kind of ****ed up. For a lot of reasons.

You definitely should post an accurate photo. Like another member said, the women online will be suspicious of anyone not willing to post a photo of themselves. With technology being as advanced as it is today and all phones having suitable cameras, not having a decent camera is a really poor excuse. Women are going to know you are lying and that is more of a turn off than being bald. If you were attractive with hair, odds are you are still attractive. If you weren't so good looking in the first place, then hair loss shouldn't affect your ability to land a girlfriend that much. As another member said, "you should own it." Plus, you can weed out any women who are solely focused on looks alone. Wouldn't you feel more confident showing up for your date when the other person knows what you look like? Then you know your balding scalp isn't a deal breaker.

* Aphrodite also posts as rapunzel and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant - 1070 Powers Place Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011. The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
    That's um... kind of ****ed up. For a lot of reasons.
    That was a joke. FlightTL knows I am just giving him S#!t.

Hey man, I understand and empathize with this although my hair is nowhere near as bad as yours yet. I have made use of many internet dating sites and I can tell you no matter what there is a lot of rejection and non replies.

You do need a photograph though. No matter how you look. It is confidence you need to build whether it's from getting into the best physical shape of your life, joining interest groups where you get out with people, or whatever. This is the key to success.

If you can exude confidence to women online and make them laugh you're hakfway there.

After that my typical style is what my buddy and I call the 'Boomhauer' approach, I log on and send ten messages to different chicks everyday. If I get a reply from one of those that is roughly correct, so only 10% of women will write back to you. When sending your initial greetings don't make it too simple, 'hey what's up' won't cut it. Try and tie in something from their profile that you have an interest in (or can pretend) and ask questions about it.

Now the more depressing part: of those 1/10 chicks you get a reply from, you can further slash your dating chance by another 1/10. So you can probably convince about 1/100 women to go and do something with you - and don't twke too long about asking if they seem interested. A fatal error I have made many times.

After that it's up to you. Don't over talk in real life, and ask them a lot about themselves. They'll take forever. Be funny where you can.

I am happy to say usually when I get a chick out on a date they will go on another, and I'll bang most of them. And I'm not exceptional looking, have moderate hair, and psoriasis.

Best of luck man and I hope this helps!

You rock a closely clipped horseshoe or shave your head? That won't hurt either.