+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 210 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Open invitation for anyone to sabotage the entire research effort.
    Hahaha I'd join the sabotage but first let's wait for the news this year, then we organize a massive bald army to take over histogen facilities.

You guys need to realize that these 6 months are critical. If Replicel show good results, you can be sure Histogen/Aderans/Follica will not take 10/15 years. They will hurry the !@#% up, whoever gets to the market sooner...will get more profit. Or they can always try to slow Replicel down, this is where the conspiracy theory is true....but they call it "competition".

Is/will replicel be the better treatment out of the three (aderans, histogens, replicel)? I thought the technology used was very similar across all three.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    Is/will replicel be the better treatment out of the three (aderans, histogens, replicel)? I thought the technology used was very similar across all three.
    On a purely theoretical (ie pre-clinical) basis, Replicel should be the better treatment of the three, because it should be more effective than Aderans and permanent, unlike Histogen. But until Replicel release their trial results we don't know for sure.

The three technologies are actually a bit different. Replicel and Aderans are pretty similar but use a different cell type (dermal sheath cup vs dermal papilla respectively) and presumably use a different replication process since they are each developing their own proprietary technology for it.

Histogen are quite different, their process is not autologous (ie they don't use your own body's cells), so they don't need to take a sample of your own cells to use. They use foreign cells and 'trick' them into excreting the growth factors. They then harvest the growth factors and inject them.

So it's kind of like the first two inject the cells (your own cells) and let the cells secrete the growth factors, while Histogen keep the cells outside in their 'bio-reactor' and inject the growth factors separately. This means Histogen don't have to worry about rejection by the body (since they aren't injecting cells) but the downside is it probably won't be permanent because they are not injecting DHT-resistant cells. Replicel and Aderans will HOPEFULLY be permanent.

This is my understanding, anyway. It may be an oversimplification but there isn't a lot of information out there in the public domain outside of the scientific journals.

Yeah my understanding is that Histogen hair will last as long as your original hair before you started balding. Do if you started balding at 30 you get another 30 years. Im sure by then none of this will matter and entirely new and different options will be available.

So who cares if Histogen hair isnt truly permament :P

Also which of the solutions work on compleatly bald people?

very informative Pate, thanks.

I personally think that there has been so much time and money ploughed into research such as aderans, replicel , histogen etc that there must be a good chance of succeeding. I mean if there were serious doubts that this technology wouldn't work then investors would have backed out by now. I don't think anyone here truly knows what is going on in all theses trials, but my hunch is that they must be somewhat successful or they would have stopped 'wasting' money on them, if someone knew they weren't going to work.

And as mentioned previously, the big market share and amount of competition would make it an incentive for one company to finish first and not stall the release date

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    very informative Pate, thanks.

I personally think that there has been so much time and money ploughed into research such as aderans, replicel , histogen etc that there must be a good chance of succeeding. I mean if there were serious doubts that this technology wouldn't work then investors would have backed out by now. I don't think anyone here truly knows what is going on in all theses trials, but my hunch is that they must be somewhat successful or they would have stopped 'wasting' money on them, if someone knew they weren't going to work.

And as mentioned previously, the big market share and amount of competition would make it an incentive for one company to finish first and not stall the release date
    Indeed. We're very lucky, I think, to have numerous companies working simultaneously in search of a potential cure.

Hopefully they ****ing come up with something soon though!

oh and its slightly annoying to think that there are guys out there, who are replicels test patients who were probably nw6 and are going to be nw1 shortly lol! providing it works.

I think most bald guys would use any treatment that sounds feasible without it going through years of testing.

thankfully I have still got a good coverage and I'm only into my second month of fin. hopefully I can halt anymore loss (and maybe regrow) something in the next few years, until at least one new treatment is available

don't forget about follica.They have finished a phase 2 study.Just because they are silent doesn't mean they don't have something.Not to mention that scientists are now understanding the signals that tell hair to grow.I wonder how can someone say that 10-15 years ago it's the same as today.Just have a look at medical journals.They really didn't have clue how hair had those cycling phases.See at 53:34 where they are so far https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn8Qcnt-qiQ and you can also watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwoGB5ABlNk.

Cant be bothered to read the following, anyone know what the patent is actually for?

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2012/0014898.html