+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default ACell, Stem Cells and PRP- Are We Really Getting Closer To a Cure For Hair Loss?

According To Gary Hitzig, M.D., if Acell’s Matristem for hair restoration works as predicted, many*men and women suffering with common androgenic alopecia will no longer be forced live their*lives feeling uncomfortable in their own skin. His prediction: in one to two years it will all be over. However, many experts in the field have far less*exuberance [...]

More...

I certainly hope he's right, I think Acell/PRP injections may be the answer to save miniturizing hairs but how long would each treatment last? How often would you need the treatment?

All we have is Dr Hitzig's word.

The way he explained the theory behind it is very convincing, and in my mind it should work. But at the moment that is just all we have: theory and Dr Hitzig's word.

I think generally all new advancements are met with both excitement, and anger because we know that history has told us that all new breakthroughs have just been a false hope and would us all up.

I would like to hear some other Drs comment on his injection methods, like perhaps Dr Cooley who I believe he must be working closely with.

guys lets becareful that Dr Hitzig's comments were not taken out of context. the question that was asked of him was very vague to start with in that when would a cure be available so the answer given by Dr Hitzig was also very vague. perhaps spencer could have explored this in greater detail.
    as we know a cure means different things to different people. someone who has just started thinning is only looking to keep whats there, someone who is half way to be bald wants to keep what they have plus need regrowth. someone who is bald only want regrowth.
    so when he answered 1-2 years was it for all these scenarios or for one only ? and what would be the effective treat for each scenario.

These are the types of interviews that get me PUMPED. The only ones that give me real hope and lets me know that we are moving forward. I cant wait to wake up one day and see HAIRL LOSS CURE DISCOVERY in the front page of the BAld TRUTH!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    These are the types of interviews that get me PUMPED. The only ones that give me real hope and lets me know that we are moving forward. I cant wait to wake up one day and see HAIRL LOSS CURE DISCOVERY in the front page of the BAld TRUTH!
    Agreed, therefore i stick with positive thinking and wont pay that much attention to attacks.

Lets wait and see how the results will fit in. But right now i say we are on a fast and good way

Default Doctors

I think more doctors should be posting observations to their work with Acell... Where are the results from Dr. Cooley? Why haven't more pictures come up? It would only be to their benefit if the results are coming out nicely. I know Hitzig has mentioned he was going to put up pictures but other doctors should as well to see how far this has progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    I think more doctors should be posting observations to their work with Acell... Where are the results from Dr. Cooley? Why haven't more pictures come up? It would only be to their benefit if the results are coming out nicely. I know Hitzig has mentioned he was going to put up pictures but other doctors should as well to see how far this has progressed.
    I'm afraid that there is no progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakez View Post
    I'm afraid that there is no progress.
    But isn't it too soon to really see any progress? I mean aren't they talking about something different now than before? Acell was mostly about plucking and creating more donor, better healing and robust growth but now it seems that it's STEM CELLS from the hip, then introducing it to the scalp by injection, with Acell. Is that right or am I wrong? Seems to me that this is a totally NEW idea.

Inactive

@Bakez : Well and what brings you to the impression. So really if you have nothing to contribute then over the line pessimistic stuff, then just ignore Acell related toppics.

I think it is important to have to things to work with.

1) Acell/PRP Stemcell injection to stop hairloss in general and get back some of your hair

2) Acell and plucking, so that you have an infinite and untouched donor AND you full head of hair

And all this without using Minox or Propecia

My guess is, that other docs are just ignoring Acell but jump on the train when more conclusive "evidence" is given. You know many of them dont wanna pay "extra bucks" for something they "think" is not working

And maybe who knows, some of them are working with it right now under the radar.

But i think its at ours to demand Acell in combination with plucking and hair transplants in general.