Been thinking about a hair system for a while now - need help - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'll see if I can get some pics later on to give you some sort of idea

Hi Cloudzero

If you are just thinning, you could gradually diminish the appearance of thinning using scalp make-up like Toppik or even hair extensions, then have a short vacation and come back to work with a low density hair system. I would be willing to bet no one would notice - people are pretty unobservant about other people's appearance. Then you could gradually increase the density of your system at each change - say every 6 months - until you get where you want to go. If anyone notices, it's another triumph for Rogaine. I started something like this.

The same applies if you are receding - you start with a system that is just slightly larger and denser than your current hair coverage, and you lower the hairline and increase the density gradually every 6 months.

There are loads of YouTube videos on making a template. Here is one to get you started.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KFQX0Bv_8N8

You don't have to be bald - just slick your hair down with gel and work over it. The template doesn't have to be that accurate - it just has to convey the general curve of your head and the area you need covered.

I have some ideas about London salons, good and bad, but I don't want to post them publicly. You can email me on systemwearer@yahoo.co.uk if you are interested.

It takes about 8 weeks to get a custom system made. Stock systems can be available immediately if you have a popular hair colour.

All the best

Hi guys,

Thanks for all your responses so far, i've taken some pictures, some are so horrible to look at They were mainly taken under light, so you can see the extent of my issue clearer, also this is also the longest i've had my hair for a while, I usually get my hair cut once a month and it's always shorter, but it's been over a month now.

When do I start thinking about really doing something about this? I'd like a piece that covers the top of my head completely, and fringe too, but the density of my hair isn't great so not sure what to do just yet.

Grincher - how did you go about from the very beginning to now? You mentioned before you went to a place in London, what happens when you first go there?

Any help/suggestions is much appreciated as always.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by grincher View Post
    post a photo. its hard to say otherwise
    I have done, just waiting for your feedback. Not sure how many posts I need before I can PM you

Hi, I was a little confused. Am I correct to say, none of the pics are of the back of your head so that must be ok?

You should think about the topper.

The supplier I use is one that I have been with for a few years now and I have been wearing almost a decade. I am happy with the quality and service of my current supplier. Before that I was using two different companies including one in the USA. Its important to find a good supplier and there are lot of duff ones.

I followed their instructions and some online vids to make a template and post with a cutting of hair.

They usually guide me on density and other bits of it.

Takes about 8 weeks and then they refer me to a salon for the cut in.

I was really sceptical at first, but wearing was one of the best decision I have made.

website http://www.ukhairsystems.com

Hi, I was a little confused. Am I correct to say, none of the pics are of the back of your head so that must be ok?

You should think about the topper.

The supplier I use is one that I have been with for a few years now and I have been wearing almost a decade. I am happy with the quality and service of my current supplier. Before that I was using two different companies including one in the USA. Its important to find a good supplier and there are lot of duff ones.

I followed their instructions and some online vids to make a template and post with a cutting of hair.

They usually guide me on density and other bits of it.

Takes about 8 weeks and then they refer me to a salon for the cut in.

I was really sceptical at first, but wearing was one of the best decision I have made.

website http://www.ukhairsystems.com
    Thanks for the reply, and yeah the back and sides are fine so topper would be best for me. The crown is abit exposed at the top but does a topper cover the crown too?

The fact that you've been with the same supplier for so long and are happy thats enough for me to consider them myself as if you've been wearing for so long and have been using this site for the last few years.

I'm skeptical too, but if I don't take any action and it gets worse my confidence will only hit zero and that's not what I need.

Do you think I need to get the ball rolling now based on my pics?

Have you got any pics you can share of you wearing your piece now?

If you make the move now it will be less noticeable than if you wait.

What's your email?

If you make the move now it will be less noticeable than if you wait.

What's your email?
    jc.081@hotmail.com

I had some other questions, any chance of sending me an email so I can reply?

I sent about 3 days ago