+ Reply to Thread

Default hairmax and minoxidil

Hello I'm 23 years old and began using minoxil for the frontal area when I was 21, I was receding a tad at the temples. After using it for a year i noticed my hairline didint change a bit however I was sick of using the greasy stuff, so I switched to the laser comb, and about 5 months into the comb my hair has never looked WORSE. Receded very much at the temples and hair has turned a light blond and looks weak at these areas.

I've been on propecia EOD for a month now and began taking it everyday for the past couple weeks (to reduce shocking hormones). I've now got Rogaine foam on the way, considering throwing out the comb.

My question is, can this hair that i lost in the past months be regained with the foam- propecia combo? or has this hair been lost because it didin'thave its minoxidil nutrients and thus killed healthy hair?

I still see lil velus hairs on the area...

There is chance that minoxidil and propecia will regrow some hair. If the hair is miniaturized then it is possible for it to go back to a former state, though it is not guaranteed. A laser does nothing for your hair and DHT just kept attacking your follicles.

The hairmax laser comb is a huge scam. There is absolutely no evidence that it works, at all. Even in their own study the group that did not use the comb had MORE hair than the group that used their scam laser. Do not waste your time and money on lasers! They are ineffective. They only have FDA clearance. It is a safe product, sure. But they DO NOT have FDA approval! A teacup could also get FDA clearance for safety and you could also rub that on someones head, but it won't grow hair.

It's time for you to start using products recommended by the American Hair Loss Association. Finasteride and minoxidil are your best shot. There is one study that suggests ketoconazole shampoo helps with hair growth too, and a TON of anecdotal evidence that it works.

Finasteride, minoxidil and ketoconazole. Those 3 are a must. I suggest speaking to your doctor about them. Nizoral shampoo has ketoconazole in it. You can get the 1% over the counter, but the 2% is more effective and needs a prescription.

I hate to hear of another guy scammed. The hairmax lasercomb doesn't work man. It doesn't. There is NO evidence that support their claims...NONE. Everyone on forums will tell you they LOSE hair while using that garbage and it's a shame...since you are losing your hair and wasting time and money. You could have saved more hair had you started using FDA approved products earlier. Best you can do is spread the word so this company will stop scamming everyone...

Good luck man

Thanks I switched over to minoxidil foam and I've begun shedding hair soo much! Yesterday my roommate asked me if I was going through chemo because there is hair everywhere around the house.

I bought toppik in hopes of making my hair look fuller, I went from minor thinning to not being able to style my hair other then straight down and slightly to the right in order for it to not look like im balding.

Any word on when this shedding phase stops? I heard it can last up to 3 months!

Shedding is a very, very complex thing!

I found this a good source of information:

http://minoxidil.com/subpages/journa.../shedding.html

But there is still a lot more to be said...I guess.

I would just advice you to not stop using it. Shedding will eventually stop and you might see some better stronger regrowth. You can only hope.

But yeah, the shedding generally lasts for less than 100 days, with that being the "extreme" and "unlikely" event. Though anything is possible with shedding and I have heard really weird stories about it. But yeah, still your best option to use and stick with the product for many many months before you decide what you are going to do. Just don't suddenly stop using it or you will shed again.