+ Reply to Thread

Default Finally Taking Action Against my Hairloss

I started losing Hair when I was about 19, most of it due to stress, poor diet and disruptive sleeping pattern. I am nearly 25 now, and the process of losing hair has never stopped and now, I am at a stage where I get comments about my apparent hair loss quite often. I have lost hair both at and near the crown of my head as well as have a receding hairline from the front and very thin hair towards the front of my head. I have finally decided to take serious action to fight my hair loss and regain my hair.

I used Minoxidil a couple of times during the last 12 months, for a short burst of 30 days or so, so its fair to say, I shouldn't expect any results from that. I am at the very beginning of my research, so I have a lot to learn, but here is my action plan for now before I consider a transplant and other surgical options.

1. Get my hair cut very very short, i.e. something like this

2. Get a Hair Massager like the Idream - I am not sure, how likely this is to work, but I think this could be a good way to improve blood circulation to the head.

3. Use Minoxidil religiously for the next 6 months - Is that long enough to expect results?

4. Work on a better diet, i.e. incorporate a lot more green vegetables to my diet.

I know these are all very basic steps, but I would like to start with these and see where I am at the end of 6 months, before I go in for the more extreme measures. Would love to your input on these and any other things I could do along with the above steps. I was also wondering, if it would be a good idea to include propecia as part of my plan?

Would appreciate your suggestions very much.

If you get your HC like the pic , and you are comfortable with it , I would continue to do so and embrace it

Don't go in for the " extreme measures "

I went ahead and got the hair cut the same as above, with a couple of "stylish" twists and I feel ok..with it. However, it does highlight my missing hair even more...but the reason for getting the hair done really short is to get the most of our Minoxidil use, so that it can reach the scalp better and I dont have to spend half my day, cleaning up my "shedding" hair. I also think, my hair looks much better when really short, as compared to long hair on the sides, and a huge chunk missing from the middle.

I have also decided to add Nizoral and Finax to the above plan and will keep you guys updated.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Your current plan seems reasonable considering your age and current hair loss status. Looks good.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile