+ Reply to Thread

Default Kirkland minoxidil and lipogaine vs rogain

Hello guys, so I'm a 40yr old male with thinning hair. I have not lost much hair in the crown area, but I am receding in the front. I'm still pretty good, but want to maintain what I have. So I'm jumping on the minoxidil bandwagon. I just started using minoxidil for about 2 weeks.

I have bought Kirland solution, Kirland foam, and Lipogaine 3 shampoo. So I started using the liquid solution and it makes my hair look so thin because it's oily. Well then I tried the foam and its harder to apply in my scalp. Also I've been using the Lipogaine shampoo 3 times a week. I went back to using the liquid solution and I was able to use it to a point it really does get much in my hair with it resulting in less oily look. So I've been doing this twice a day for about 2 weeks now. I don't see much shedding probably just normal like I used to have, but today I noticed dandruff building up. Not a good look at all. I'm thinking I'm going to stop using the liquid now because of the dandruff.

My next couple experiments I'm going to try. Well again I stopped using the foam because it was hard to get in my scalp, but I read somewhere that someone used hot water on the foam cap for 20 seconds then added the foam and it melted to a liquid. I tried half the cap like it says and it melted to liquid and I used the syringe and it's actually about 1mL so pretty close as it's directed.

I'm wondering by me make the foam solution melt into a liquid will it be less effective??? I'm switching to the foam to see if this will avoid the dandruff. Any thoughts anyone???? Also thinking of doing this with Rogaine foam instead of Kirkland foam. I'll spend a few more bucks to hopefully get better results and avoid the dandruff/itchy generic stuff....