+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

@thebrock or anyone else can you answer these questions for me. *Ibread on a few forums that total testerone goes up but free testosterone goes down with Fin? Is this true. I believe the Egyptian study said it. I known merk studies suggest that T rises but in normal range and so does E. So how can one benefit if it's such a small increase. I know they suggest you shouldn't get sides cause E only rises a little bit. Lastly someone suggested that E has some benefits on muscle growth ability. Is this true? I'm going to start fin until I can afford Ru and everything else that I need to prepare it with. Then after that it should be cost efficient since Ru is a lot cheaper now. Btw I had a hair transplant with rahal it was pretty good compared to my other doctors. But I was a repair patient. I had a ht when I was 19 when I was a norwood one, it was stupid and doc just wanted to make money on me. Then I went to a respectable ht doc and he gave me bad results to, so rahal kind of fixed both of their mistakes. Imo hair transplants are not worth it, just moving hair from one place to the next is not a great solution. My donor is very thin from the procedure, I wear hats every where but you can still see the back is thin even with the hat on. If I was you I would wait two years then make this decision. Remember once you get a ht it can't be undone like other procedure. And if a new breakthrough happens like replicel I'm not sure it will work between the hair transplant hairs, they might turn your original hairs off for good. I'm not sure if something like jahoda cell treatment will work on us ht people. That's why I'm hoping lauster comes through for us cause lab grown follicles will be like implanted hairs from the donor site. But even then they will only be able to graft them so close. The good thing is you only need about 50 grafts per cm to look like you are not balding, but hopefully with an unlimited donor source doctors can graft them closer. Alot of them get worried about putting them to close and not having them grow. But with unlimited donor you can take that risk and not worry about running out of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes23 View Post
    @thebrock or anyone else can you answer these questions for me. *Ibread on a few forums that total testerone goes up but free testosterone goes down with Fin? Is this true. I believe the Egyptian study said it. I known merk studies suggest that T rises but in normal range and so does E. So how can one benefit if it's such a small increase. I know they suggest you shouldn't get sides cause E only rises a little bit. Lastly someone suggested that E has some benefits on muscle growth ability. Is this true? I'm going to start fin until I can afford Ru and everything else that I need to prepare it with. Then after that it should be cost efficient since Ru is a lot cheaper now. Btw I had a hair transplant with rahal it was pretty good compared to my other doctors. But I was a repair patient. I had a ht when I was 19 when I was a norwood one, it was stupid and doc just wanted to make money on me. Then I went to a respectable ht doc and he gave me bad results to, so rahal kind of fixed both of their mistakes. Imo hair transplants are not worth it, just moving hair from one place to the next is not a great solution. My donor is very thin from the procedure, I wear hats every where but you can still see the back is thin even with the hat on. If I was you I would wait two years then make this decision. Remember once you get a ht it can't be undone like other procedure. And if a new breakthrough happens like replicel I'm not sure it will work between the hair transplant hairs, they might turn your original hairs off for good. I'm not sure if something like jahoda cell treatment will work on us ht people. That's why I'm hoping lauster comes through for us cause lab grown follicles will be like implanted hairs from the donor site. But even then they will only be able to graft them so close. The good thing is you only need about 50 grafts per cm to look like you are not balding, but hopefully with an unlimited donor source doctors can graft them closer. Alot of them get worried about putting them to close and not having them grow. But with unlimited donor you can take that risk and not worry about running out of hair.
    Ive been on RU for a year but started finasteride a month ago. Ive been working out 3 times a week and seeing great muscle growth, it's had no effect on my masculinity. My bloodwork could show something different but I couldn't see if a difference. I used to think they were covering up negative claims but now I'm convinced its in most people's head.

I don't see how free testosterone can go down.

@ko1 here's the link where a guy post the study in free testosterone getting reduced. It was a small egyptian study of 30 men.
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=95429

@ko1 here's the link where a guy post the study in free testosterone getting reduced. It was a small egyptian study of 30 men.
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=95429
    Thanks, I am familiar with the study, it just doesnt make sense.

How come it doesn't make sense? I'm going to start with fin and see how I do but I plan on switching to Ru eventually. I may run Fin with fareston. Its a pretty new serm and suppose to have the safest profile out of all the serms.

@ swooping did you ever use fin, and if you did how was the switch over to RU? Is Ru giving you good results, whether it be thickening or maintaining.
    Only RU mate. Thickening & stability primarily with a bit of regrowth. I might add in fin one day though if my hair doesn't hold anymore.

Also Im 26 now so hair transplants aren't as ridiculous as in your early 20's. I feel like Ive stabilized any further loss and believe there could be a lot more results to come. Im going with Dr. Rahal too and he's no hack. Even if I continue to lose hair I can go in for a follow up and make it look like I just have loss in the vertex.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Only RU mate. Thickening & stability primarily with a bit of regrowth. I might add in fin one day though if my hair doesn't hold anymore.
    I don't want to derail his thread but as there's no option to pm, I'll have to do it this way.
    Do you think RU+fin is overkill to start with? I wanted to do as much against balding as possible but I'm financially in a bit of a tough spot and RU, though it has gotten a lot cheaper over the years, is kind of expensive for me. Would I be able to drop the RU? I use 1mg ED and 70g RU / 2ml (3,5%), can't really use a higher dosage because of the price. I've been using RU at this concentration for over 4 months now and fin for approx 2 months.

I use minox too but that's not really relevant for this question I guess.

It's definitely not overkill. But it also depends on how sensitive you are to the balding process. RU and Fin have different mechanisms of action. Fin cuts down DHT conversion while RU blocks receptor binding. Certain people are so sensitive to DHT that they still bald slowly on Fin. IDK how sensitive you are. If you are like 30 and a NWII you should be fine with just Fin. But if you are a premature balder, you probably need the combination.