5 years on propecia.. am I screwed? (SIDE EFFECTS) - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JustWantAnswers View Post
    What will this do to my current sides? I'm trying to heal and prevent any further damage.. will this help or hurt me reintroducing this new type of finasteride.. I don't want to deal with the issues I've had. I haven't taken finasteride for like a week.. I'd appreciate more info you could tell me.. how would I apply it? Are there instructions? Have u used it? How has it been for you?
    Buddy get off fin. Messing with serum Dht and getting a limp dick as a result is not worth it. Trust me you won't be able to keep your girlfriend for long if this continues.

You can try liposomal fin (topical) but in my opinion I'd stay away from it and recover now. A few users have even reported sides from the new H&W liposomal.

Here are some alternative you can try -

CB-01-03 (no sexual sides for me)
    Alfatradiol
    OC (many users have reported it halted their shedding completely)

Give these a go. Stay away from sugar, and when you get your libido back refrain from too much sex/masturbation, as there definitely is a slight Dht increase.

Bro , Please quit ASAP and do not go cold Turkey . Try to tapper off slowly , 2 weeks after that do a 24 hours water fast , go on a healthy diet and regular exercise . Expect things to get back to normal after a month . That drug is poison for the men who are sensitive to it and symptoms could worsen after quitting so please be super uber careful . Remember nothing is worth your health . Best of luck to you .

Quote Originally Posted by Nextjohns View Post
    Buddy get off fin. Messing with serum Dht and getting a limp dick as a result is not worth it. Trust me you won't be able to keep your girlfriend for long if this continues.

You can try liposomal fin (topical) but in my opinion I'd stay away from it and recover now. A few users have even reported sides from the new H&W liposomal.

Here are some alternative you can try -

CB-01-03 (no sexual sides for me)
    Alfatradiol
    OC (many users have reported it halted their shedding completely)

Give these a go. Stay away from sugar, and when you get your libido back refrain from too much sex/masturbation, as there definitely is a slight Dht increase.
    How do I give those a go? I don't know what CB or Alfatadiol or OC is at all.. how would I obtain any of these? And how do I use them? Are they all just pills? I'll try anything to not lose everything as well.. but I can't deal with the sides..

Quote Originally Posted by Kashman View Post
    Bro , Please quit ASAP and do not go cold Turkey . Try to tapper off slowly , 2 weeks after that do a 24 hours water fast , go on a healthy diet and regular exercise . Expect things to get back to normal after a month . That drug is poison for the men who are sensitive to it and symptoms could worsen after quitting so please be super uber careful . Remember nothing is worth your health . Best of luck to you .
    I have been off of propecia since January 9th.. haven't tapered at all because im scared to keep putting this in my body.. first it's hair now it's my dick why can't I just catch a break man.. this is legit killing me. I've been eating right and all that.. I don't know what to do.. I can see my hairs thinning out but I can't allow myself to ruin my sexual future.. what do u think I should do? It's so hard for me to just taper and force this pill back in me.. but I also am devastated with what's happening

If you quit it already then it s OK , your DHT levels should be back to normal within 14 days . Drink lots of water to get that stuff out of your body and get good rest . AND DON'T EVER TAKE PROPECIA AGAIN NO MATTER IF YOU GO NW7 . I was back to normal after 10 days of quitting the drug and I consider myself extremely lucky . YOU ARE FINE BRO . ALSO STAY AWAY FROM TOPICAL FINASTERIDE AS WELL IT WILL BE SYSTEMATICALLY ABSORBED .

Join the club. I took that stuff and was getting those sides and I never recovered. I had a doctor tell me 5mg a day. Then i found out that , that was way to much I went cold turkey and like I said. Never recovered. I was and still am a lot older than you are so you may be okay with time. Too late for me though.

Thumbs down

If you quit it already then it s OK , your DHT levels should be back to normal within 14 days . Drink lots of water to get that stuff out of your body and get good rest . AND DON'T EVER TAKE PROPECIA AGAIN NO MATTER IF YOU GO NW7 . I was back to normal after 10 days of quitting the drug and I consider myself extremely lucky . YOU ARE FINE BRO . ALSO STAY AWAY FROM TOPICAL FINASTERIDE AS WELL IT WILL BE SYSTEMATICALLY ABSORBED .

So I should be ok? That's a huge relief I think.. haha well yeah but it's a win and a loss.. who knows how my hairs gonna go now.. it has only been 9 days.. I hope I can recover from all the damage I caused.. it worked well for my head but I can't live this lie that I'm ok with hair but a broken wang.. ugh.. are u sure I can recover no tapering? Honestly I don't wanna taper at all.. I don't wanna put this shit back in my body.. I wish there was a alternative.. so I can keep my hair

Quote Originally Posted by bluewater View Post
    Join the club. I took that stuff and was getting those sides and I never recovered. I had a doctor tell me 5mg a day. Then i found out that , that was way to much I went cold turkey and like I said. Never recovered. I was and still am a lot older than you are so you may be okay with time. Too late for me though.
    Omg I'm sorry bro, most people are ****ed with 1.. idk how you were told 5mg is ok.. wow man that's nuts.. you think I'll be ok tho? I'm only 22.. it's only been 5 years and the sides only started happening recently.. that's a good sign right?

You ll be fine bro . Just drink lots of water and exercise ( both weights and cardio) . It s only a couple of years (2019-2020) till a cure comes , hang tight and enjoy your best years without putting system altering drugs into your body .

And it was a skin doctor that got me the prescription and told me how much to take. That's what he said that he was doing. I was older and in my 50's. Not sure at the time that the changes I experienced were age related or drug related.

I have been dealing with this issue for many years. Everybody said "its only a couple of years 1998 -2000 till a cure comes. Then it was 2000 - 2005. Then 2005 - 2010. Here it is 2016 still no solution and still we are waiting. And to make things worse. There are more products out there, still more claims, still more scams, and no closer to agreement on any of them.

You ll be fine bro . Just drink lots of water and exercise ( both weights and cardio) . It s only a couple of years (2019-2020) till a cure comes , hang tight and enjoy your best years without putting system altering drugs into your body .

Those couple of years are crucial at 22 haha.. and if I lose my hair.. I guess all this work will be for nothing. And not only that.. who knows how my libido will be.. that scares me to death.. are u sure I'll be ok? And yeah I will enjoy not putting system altering drugs into my body but now I fear the worst for my hair.. the thinning just seems to be returning. It's so depressing.. i guess all I can do is keep using rogaine and regenpure and pray to keep what I can.. this whole thing has ruined my confidence forever.. idk what imma do bro.. am I really about to allow my hair to go? This is crushing me

Quote Originally Posted by bluewater View Post
    I have been dealing with this issue for many years. Everybody said "its only a couple of years 1998 -2000 till a cure comes. Then it was 2000 - 2005. Then 2005 - 2010. Here it is 2016 still no solution and still we are waiting. And to make things worse. There are more products out there, still more claims, still more scams, and no closer to agreement on any of them.
    By the time they figure it out I probably won't have any hair.. I legit can't win.. so much for being a millennial with "all the best technology" yet we can't solve a hair follicle.. humans are either money hungry or crazy.. there's no in between, we can go to mars but can't find a cure for this. I'll never understand