Is there any hope for me Norwood 6 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Is there any hope for me Norwood 6

I am 38 years old have been balding since 26, seems that for the last 5 years nothing has changed my hair has remained the same with no additional loss. I have been shaving my head since my late 20's. I am very tired of the shaved look and hair loss has kept me pretty depressed for the past 10 years it really does not get any better with age, bald is bald no matter the age. I have been thinking about a hair transplant but don't want to make my situation worse. I am realistic in my goals would like to get front and mid scalp coverage with a higher hairline. Just wonder if there is anyone on here that has had hair transplant at norwood 6. I have attached some pics of me and what I ma hoping to achieve let me know what you guys think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7317 2.jpg

Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	62219   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7326.jpeg

Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	62223   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7321.jpeg

Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	62221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7315.jpeg

Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	62216   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7320.jpg

Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	62220   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7324.jpg

Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	62222   Click image for larger version

Name:	image014.jpg

Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	62226   Click image for larger version

Name:	image015.jpg

Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	62224   Click image for larger version

Name:	image010.jpg

Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	62229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 1.43.35 PM.jpg

Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	62227  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image013.jpg

Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	62225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 2.03.08 PM.jpg

Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	62228  

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

@ipel

How are you?

I am sorry to hear that your hair loss has caused you to feel depressed over the last 10 years. That is hard to hear. I know how hair loss can affect you and everything that you do. I began experiencing hair loss as young as 16. It was hard to deal with.

My advice would be to do your research and learn about some Drs and patients who have achieved results from positions of hair loss similar to your own. To see what can realistically be achieved and to begin to understand the process more clearly.
    There is no reason why you can not achieve results similar to some of the photos that you have posted. Its good to see that you seem to have realistic expectations and have shown photos of guys with "modest" hair.

Don't rush into anything. Do your homework. There is much to ask and consider.

Wishing you the best.

If I can help you with anything, dont hesitate to contact me.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp - +34 642 37 03 83

Your goals are realistic. You can, however, expect to lose more hair over time. Thus, a higher hairline and avoiding the crown are the most sensible ways to proceed. To be honest, only an NW 3V or less is an optimal candidate for hair restoration surgery and coverage throughout. Framing the face can do a great deal toward improving one's self-image. It is a shame life is this way, but it is. There nothing abnormal about losing one's hair. Yet, framing the face has helped so many people gain confidence and cease to be depressed every day when they look in the mirror. I had a patient, who was also in his 30s and a NW 6. After restoring the front and mid-scalp, he went for his first hair cut in 10 years. His stylist asked him how he would like his hair cut. He said he wasn't sure. She recommended a fade sort of like what he came in with. He had to smile because he'd been shaving his head for the past 10 years, and had not had a haircut in the past 10 years. He is much happier today than he was 2 years ago. I recommend you use topical finasteride to slow the loss on the sides and back of the scalp. Other things that can help slow down the process by prolonging the life span of each hair include PRP, amniotic membrane, adipose stem cells, and topical minoxidil. The more things you do to promote anagen are most likely better for your hair in the long run.

From my pictures how many Grafts do you think I have available. Iv done some research and in most cases usually people have a a couple procedures starting with around 2500 grafts. I just want to know I have enough to cover the front and mid scalp don't care so much about the crown at this point but would hate to make my situation worse. I would like to be able to keep the hair on the side short like a fade so would daintily want FUE.

Iv taken Finasteride before, I don't know if it worked as about 6 month into taking it I developed side effects and was told by my Dr to discontinue the use, it took a couple of month but the side effects eventually went away after discontinuing the use of Finasteride. Will topical Finasteride have the same likelihood of sides, if not where and how can I get topical finasteride.

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

@Ipel,

I see no reason why you wouldn't have enough grafts to successfully rebuild your hairline and strengthen behind into the midscalp. FUE could be a good option for you. Especially as your desire to keep your hair short in the donor area in the future.

If you have experienced sides then of course you don't want to consider taking Finasteride in tablet form. One of the main motivations behind topical finasteride apart from some very impressive results, is that in topical form, it doesn't effect your entire body at a hormonal level like it does with the tablet form.

If I may help you further in anyway then send me an email and I can get more information to you.

International Patient Advisor - Bisanga Cole Hair Transplant Clinic - Athens, Greece
    http://www.bchairtransplant.com
    bc2@bchairtransplant.com Whatsapp - +34 642 37 03 83

Hey!
    Any news from your HT project? Did you do it in the end? Im the same as you, and i have the same vision in what i want to achieve that you had in the above pics.

Not yet I have a consult in March and am hoping to get the HT done end of May. I want to keep my hair on the shorter side so I will probably get SMP at some point as well.