+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Folly, what dose are you on? Have you tried reducing it?

I don't think it's in your head. Too many of us mentioning it.

I've been on 1mg daily for almost 3 months now. Still have the same sort of erections as before, but feeling a loss in libido and not had morning erections in a while either. Although i didn't have morning erections for a while before propecia too, probably due to stress. I'll probably stay on propecia at 1mg/day for another 3 months. I really want to see if it starts to fill in the thinning i have in my crown (see attached picture).

If there's no signs of regrowth and i still have a drop in libido, i'll start taking it every other day. Since it's not affecting my erections, i'm not panicking tbh. Anyway, there's a good chance my libido will come back to normal if i stay on the drug.

The mind is a powerfull thing. I was quite stressed out last year with my hair loss, my HT and some other sh#t, and for the first time in my life started having erection problems and a drop in libido (at age 28). I was convinced i had some hormonal/blood problem, but after some investigating, my endrochronologist told me it was all in my head. He was right. My erections went back to normal after a while, but i do my best not to get stressed out nowadays.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	crown.jpg

Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	13724  

You could drop your dose to 0.25 or 0.5mg. We're talking about a marginal difference in effectiveness and might help with any sides.

Cheers for the advice Chrisis. It's probably a bad time to start propecia when you're already having a loss in libido and just getting over erection problems, but my MPB really kicked off last year, so i was forced into it. Still unsure if the loss in libido/no morning erections is due to propecia, or just stress. Going to speak to my dermatologist in a few weeks and see what he says about reducing the dosage, like you mentioned.

Just had some testosterone/estrogen blood tests done last week, so i'm still awaiting the results. I've always had a slightly elevated estrogen level, which is known to cause poor erections/loss in libido in men. It will be interesting to see if propecia has increased my estorgen levels (apparently it can), which may have caused my drop in libido these past couple of months. Will let you guys know if anyone is interested.

I know propecia doesn't regrow hair in the hairline, but does it stop/slow down loss in that area ? I know it's effective on the top of the head and the 'anterior mid scalp'. Does 'anterior mid scalp' cover the front section of the hairline ? So that just leaves the temples where propecia is not effective ?

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I know propecia doesn't regrow hair in the hairline, but does it stop/slow down loss in that area ? I know it's effective on the top of the head and the 'anterior mid scalp'. Does 'anterior mid scalp' cover the front section of the hairline ? So that just leaves the temples where propecia is not effective ?
    Hi again Folly, please let us know the results of your blood test! I will be interested for sure.

As far as I understand, the trials that have been conducted by Merck only looked at hair loss in the crown area. They can't advertise on their labels that it's effective for frontal/hairline loss, but anecdotal evidence suggests that many men do have success there. Sorry it's impossible to be more clear, but it seems to depend a lot on the individual. As long as you're happy about taking the drug from the perspective of your sexual health, the only way you can know if it will work is if you try it. There are few other options unfortunately

2 Month Update Pics

Without much light

With flash light

Does anyone know why the pics auto resize when I upload them to this site? These pics are all big and really clear by automatically uploaded small.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hi again Folly, please let us know the results of your blood test! I will be interested for sure.
    Hey Chrisis, got my blood results back. My testosterone came back the same as it always does, which was on the high side but within the limit. As i mentioned, what i was interested in was the estrogen levels, because I've read that propecia can increase these levels in men. This is not good, as high estrogen can cause loss of libido, poor boners and MITS (man tits). I had my estrogen level measured 4 times last year and it always came back high. The range is 40 - 160 pmol/L and mine was on average 170 pmol/L (around 45 pg/L). I was told by the endocrinologist that this level wasn't high enough to cause MITS, which i was really shitting myself about. I was worried propecia would increase my estrogen level, but incredibly it has lowered it !! My latest estrogen level was 126 pmol/L, which is within the range. However, I'm still suffering from low libido and poor erections. I've lowered my propecia dose to 0.5 mg/daily. My libido is totally non existent at the moment which is really worrying, but it was reasonably good last week. I'm 99% sure it's all stress related and not propecia. Just going through a bad patch in life tbh. Going to see a urologist next week to see if he can confirm it's all in my head.

Hey spreadlocks, not sure about the resize thingy mate. Spex will know.

Doesn't look like you had too much (if any) shock loss. I forgot you pretty much had a full head of hair pre-op. I'm assuming that's all your native hair in the pic and your transplanted hairs have shed. If that's the case, your results are going to look crazy good dude !! Keep us posted bro

Thanks a lot mate. Yeah, i think this is mostly native hair.

I really hope things work out for you with the finestride and everything else.

One question man? Just out of curiosity. Have you ever lifted weights? I just assume that with high testosterone levels you would probably be able to get really strong and muscular naturally.