+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default My hair is f*cking unacceptable

This recent haircut has pushed me over the edge, it is time to end this bullshit.

I am sick to death of walking the line between style and coverage. Handcrafting my f*cking temples and hairline EVERY DAY for YEARS. And when it is done it still does not look anywhere near as good as it could if I never had MPB....there is just not enough for an ideal style. I can cover the loss up, which makes it look like I have a bad sense of hair aesthetics, or I can have a good style except it is not good because THERE IS NOT ENOUGH HAIR TO MAKE IT HAPPEN

I just popped this sketchy Dutagen I ordered. Was going to send it in for analysis and wait for results, but f*ck it. If I have no weird reactions to this capsule I will prolly start popping like 3 Dutagen a day on top of my Avodart and Proscar.

There is not enough time left to f*ck around anymore. If meds can not get me where I need to be in a year I will seriously consider what I never wanted to do: surgery.

Oh except I am a diffuse thinner and might possibly have DUPA, so maybe surgery is out of the question for me anyway. Maybe I should just go full experimental and pop like 5mg dutasteride daily.

For awhile I fooled myself into believing my current hair is acceptable, just because it was improved over when it was at its worst. Just because I can style to hide the loss. It is not acceptable, MPB is not acceptable. It is, as Spencer might say, cancer of the soul. It needs to be destroyed.

Edit- I am in a bad mood

I've been in an awful mood lately too, mostly. Hair just getting worse and worse. I'm constantly questioning fin. I'm more and more inclined to shave my head and take lifting to the next level. The only time I dont feel totally lethargic is after I lift.

I'm sure you'll be in a better mood soon enough which may or may not affect your decisions. This hairloss shit is just so taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    This recent haircut has pushed me over the edge, it is time to end this bullshit.

I am sick to death of walking the line between style and coverage. Handcrafting my f*cking temples and hairline EVERY DAY for YEARS. And when it is done it still does not look anywhere near as good as it could if I never had MPB....there is just not enough for an ideal style. I can cover the loss up, which makes it look like I have a bad sense of hair aesthetics, or I can have a good style except it is not good because THERE IS NOT ENOUGH HAIR TO MAKE IT HAPPEN

I just popped this sketchy Dutagen I ordered. Was going to send it in for analysis and wait for results, but f*ck it. If I have no weird reactions to this capsule I will prolly start popping like 3 Dutagen a day on top of my Avodart and Proscar.

There is not enough time left to f*ck around anymore. If meds can not get me where I need to be in a year I will seriously consider what I never wanted to do: surgery.

Oh except I am a diffuse thinner and might possibly have DUPA, so maybe surgery is out of the question for me anyway. Maybe I should just go full experimental and pop like 5mg dutasteride daily.

For awhile I fooled myself into believing my current hair is acceptable, just because it was improved over when it was at its worst. Just because I can style to hide the loss. It is not acceptable, MPB is not acceptable. It is, as Spencer might say, cancer of the soul. It needs to be destroyed.

Edit- I am in a bad mood

You could spend lots of money on a transplant or...you can just shave your head i know which one i would choose...but thats just me.

Inactive

Hang in there, brah. Remember it can take over a year for some people to see results. And if worst comes to worst and your current regimen isn't cutting it, you still have several other avenues to pursue such as topical duta, spiro, RU, and other experimentals. And who knows what treatments the coming years will bring? You live in the best time thus far to have mpb. Don't give up hope.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I've been in an awful mood lately too, mostly. Hair just getting worse and worse. I'm constantly questioning fin. I'm more and more inclined to shave my head and take lifting to the next level. The only time I dont feel totally lethargic is after I lift.

I'm sure you'll be in a better mood soon enough which may or may not affect your decisions. This hairloss shit is just so taxing.
    Yes it is. I am in a little bit better of a mood but jesus, I think I am just exhausted from this years-long struggle.
    & honestly I would consider dut if I was you. In hindsight I wish I got on it sooner. Fin is a solid drug, do not get me wrong, and 100x better than doing nothing. But certainly it does not give the same level of insurance

If you can get away with shaving and lifting btw, I envy you.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    You could spend lots of money on a transplant or...you can just shave your head i know which one i would choose...but thats just me.
    Shaving my head would not look good and that makes it automatically unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Hang in there, brah. Remember it can take over a year for some people to see results. And if worst comes to worst and your current regimen isn't cutting it, you still have several other avenues to pursue such as topical duta, spiro, RU, and other experimentals. And who knows what treatments the coming years will bring? You live in the best time thus far to have mpb. Don't give up hope.
    Thanks Aames. Funny, I have told those same things to guys who were freaked out about their hair.

Are you getting into any topicals at this point? I still only use dut+fin+keto. I am starting to consider RU but it sees unreliable and also a major hassle. I am also considering minox but when I tried it briefly some time ago I seemed to be allergic. Plus I am very paranoid about the anecdotes I see about premature skin aging or w/e

I have no idea if topical dut works? I could try using the liquid in the Dutagen capsules, especially since the stuff is so cheap. But I still have major concerns that it might be fake, or the wrong dose, etc. (Ideally I would just stack my Avodart doses but it is much more expensive)

If you can get away with shaving and lifting btw, I envy you.
    I don't know if I can or not. It's what my dad did and he's a pretty solid looking dude. I just figure I want to go bald gracefully.

I'm just being able to gain mass with relative ease, so I think I can get jacked if I make lifting a lifestyle. Other than that, I have a career and good taste in clothes. Gotta find ways to stand out - especially with a bald head.

I'm really, really considering dut. At this point my hair is so devastated anyways though. I have such a hard time believing dut is going to make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I don't know if I can or not. It's what my dad did and he's a pretty solid looking dude. I just figure I want to go bald gracefully.

I'm just being able to gain mass with relative ease, so I think I can get jacked if I make lifting a lifestyle. Other than that, I have a career and good taste in clothes. Gotta find ways to stand out - especially with a bald head.

I'm really, really considering dut. At this point my hair is so devastated anyways though. I have such a hard time believing dut is going to make much of a difference.
    Yes I understand. On paper it should definitely work better than fin, however my experience so far has not been great. Some diffuse shedding along the hairline and temples. I realize this is not unusual at 4.5 months but when it is actually happening to you, it sucks

When I went through a med shed on fin it was different, because I was already unhappy with my baseline so I did not care about the hair cycling process. While this time my baseline was pretty solid thanks to fin+keto (now it feels like I am going backwards, reversing my own progress)
    Also I was a depressed hermit when I started fin, unemployed, moved back in with my parents, never went out, had nothing to lose. When I started dut my shit was together by comparison....I have a good job, my own place, & until recently I was going out regularly. Now I am med shedding in the middle of all this. I srsly just want to hunker down and be a hermit again for as long as it takes.

Good luck to you man, if shaving+exercise turns out to be a good plan b for you, you have it made. I know it is not ideal but having something to fall back on is always good.

. Now I am med shedding in the middle of all this. I srsly just want to hunker down and be a hermit again for as long as it takes.
    No. Don't. I just did that shit all winter for the first time in my life. I just used school work as an excuse to be anti-social. Never doing it again. It's not healthy at all - don't care what anyone says.

There's something to be said for forcing yourself to go out with your insecurities to validate yourself. I hate the whole idea of "validation", but I can't help but acknowledge it matters.

Good luck to you man, if shaving+exercise turns out to be a good plan b for you, you have it made. I know it is not ideal but having something to fall back on is always good.
    It's anything but choice, but whatever.

I buzzed mine. I rarely come on here, heck I only came on here today out of curiosity.

Seriously, it feels good and you can get on with life.

How is Fin working out BigT?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I buzzed mine. I rarely come on here, heck I only came on here today out of curiosity.

Seriously, it feels good and you can get on with life.

How is Fin working out BigT?
    4 months. No sides. Shed, shed, shed. Some new, thick hairs at hairline, but difficult to attribute to fin or the state the hair would be in regardless.

I'm just staying the course but being impatient.