+ Reply to Thread

Default The Hairline That Once Was/Questions

Hey people!!!

I'm new here. Happened to stumble across this place when I googled pics of "male models with thin hair" to see if there were any (still see none). Anyways, thought this would be a good place to join and see what it's all about!!

Here's my story:

My hair started to thin around 16. Right on the edge of the temples. Slowly, it made its way from the sides to taking over my whole hairline and more. High school ended with me going to prom and having my mom take her gray hair black dye stick and fill in spots on my head to make it look fuller. By the end of the night, I was sweating and it was running.

Going to college, it wasn't too bad because I still had a good amount of hair and growing it out was best. I went through a couple of different hair styles that fit my head well and the thinning wasn't noticeable b/c the hairstyles were the focal point, either wearing "waves" or having it in a curly type fashion. Then sometime during my sophomore year, that all went south as no hair grows in the front of my head all of a sudden and the bald spot at the crown of my head made its presence known even more.

So here I am, in my senior year of college and the thinning has started to bother me, but not as one may think. I was concerned and upset about the thinning when I was in my teens, but now I know it's not coming back and I just accept it for the most part. The part that bothers me is now I want to try a different look. For women, if their hair thins they can go and get a wig and bam, new look. What's the option for guys? I've now joined the shaved head and beard group that many others with thinning hair have joined as of late it seems. The shaved head is fine and so is my beard, but are there any other options? Male wigs? haha something.....that's the only thing I'm having a problem with.

PS: When I say shaved, I mean with clippers not an actual razor. My head and skin is very sensitive and shaving with a razor and shaving cream does not work well on top of my head although it's not bad when shaving my neck for my beard.

Thanks for reading if you got this far haha

I attached some pics of my head that I took with my iPhone to give you guys an idea. Picture taking is not my strong point, as you can see
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg

Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	16662   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.jpg

Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	16663  

I am not "shaved" (yet!) but I have always wondered this! Back in the 70s and 80s of course there used to be soooo many hairstlyes for MPB and guys could get away with it!!!

Now it seems the only option is the "shaved" look.

However, it seems as though you look really good with it man. I think it suits you from what I can see!!

NICE....

Quote Originally Posted by Lazoid View Post
    I am not "shaved" (yet!) but I have always wondered this! Back in the 70s and 80s of course there used to be soooo many hairstlyes for MPB and guys could get away with it!!!

Now it seems the only option is the "shaved" look.

However, it seems as though you look really good with it man. I think it suits you from what I can see!!
    Well thank you! I really appreciate that!! The shaved razor look does pretty well with me, it just grows back way too fast. I would like to try something new though but I know that's asking for a lot......just gonna grow my beard out more I guess, since that grows fine

Quote Originally Posted by Lazoid View Post
    NICE....

The shaved razor look does pretty well with me
    Awesome - I think apart from a 100% cure - this is what we all wish for! Good for you!

I wouldn't wear a wig lol I will continue with shaving or even buzzing my hair and keeping that manly beard. Start working out bro, you might look like the ROCK on fast and furious 5.

Name:	Fast-Five-dwayne-johnson Gigantic Biceps no neck jacked up jakked smackdown rock bottom peoples .jpg

Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	16709  

OR the bad ass Walter White on breaking bad.

Name:	walter.jpg

Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	16710  

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I wouldn't wear a wig lol I will continue with shaving or even buzzing my hair and keeping that manly beard. Start working out bro, you might look like the ROCK on fast and furious 5.
    The Rock looks good, too. Gotta hit the gym!!! Had to cut the beard off so it's growing back now. Had an unfortunate accident with my clippers....