+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I believe sides can be very real. But the guys that spread false statistics and other BS around the internet about Fin need to stop what they are doing. I would be pissed too if I could not take the best defense against hair loss, but to scare people away from the best thing we have is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    I believe sides can be very real. But the guys that spread false statistics and other BS around the internet about Fin need to stop what they are doing. I would be pissed too if I could not take the best defense against hair loss, but to scare people away from the best thing we have is just wrong.
    I'm scared of taking it. Equally, I'm glad I've been warned by others, but then again I'm depressed losing hair never knowing if I'd benefit from the drug or eternally regret trying it..

I avoided taking it at first because of fear also. Going to my Dr. and talking to somebody with "facts" about the drug helped ease my fears just a bit. Finally I just said screw it. I did not want to get to NW6 and wonder what if. It is your body and your decision, but I am glad I at least gave it a shot, and so far I am happy with the results. If you ever do work up the courage to take it, do your best to not think about sides and give your body some time to adjust to it. Meaning don't quit after a couple of days of a mild ball ache.

People who continue to procrastinate about taking Finasteride because they are worried about sides should NOT take Finasteride, period.

They will continually look for and find something to attribute as a side effect. They will put themselves through mental chaos thinking about side-effects and I truly believe the mind is a powerful tool.

I was on the fence about starting Fin for about 6.5 months not so much out of fear but rather I was saving it as a last resort. I have been on it for 6 months now and they only side-effect I've experienced was ball ache for 2 days at the very beginning. I think most guys experience this anyway as their body gets used to the drop in DHT.

Seriously though you just have to think positive and not worry about possible sides. Choose a suitable time of the day (ie: first thing in the morning or right before bed) to pop a pill and move on with your normal routine. If any noticeable side-effects do occur just discontinue use. I know I would have rather tried it and got sides than to have not and always wondered if it would have saved my hair or not. The choice is ultimately up you.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    People who continue to procrastinate about taking Finasteride because they are worried about sides should NOT take Finasteride, period.

They will continually look for and find something to attribute as a side effect. They will put themselves through mental chaos thinking about side-effects and I truly believe the mind is a powerful tool.

I was on the fence about starting Fin for about 6.5 months not so much out of fear but rather I was saving it as a last resort. I have been on it for 6 months now and they only side-effect I've experienced was ball ache for 2 days at the very beginning. I think most guys experience this anyway as their body gets used to the drop in DHT.

Seriously though you just have to think positive and not worry about possible sides. Choose a suitable time of the day (ie: first thing in the morning or right before bed) to pop a pill and move on with your normal routine. If any noticeable side-effects do occur just discontinue use. I know I would have rather tried it and got sides than to have not and always wondered if it would have saved my hair or not. The choice is ultimately up you.
    I was just going to quote the first couple of sentences of this post. But, this entire post hit the nail on the head.

This is reasonable advice. But personally I would just recommend doing what I did....say f*ck it, hair is too important, even if I get sides I am going to take this drug.
    Once you get to a point where gyno, libido, depression, etc. matter less than hair, you become immune to the fear

I was on the fence for a long time due to issues in the past. But in the past, I had very good results from propecia, much better than I expected..but still.

So I stayed on just minox to see how things would go. Because my mpb, at least at this time is very slow, minox worked really well and I would recommended it to anyone esp if you can't do propecia.

But still I could tell by photos that I was slowly progressing and that was part of the push. But the biggest reason was a thread by a person who I could tell was well educated. He was doing what I had been reading about : taking it in lower and less frequent doses to see how it goes. If there is a serious problem, you can always back out. This was a a good idea from a level headed person so that pushed me over the edge and have been on it again since July. People have fears about this drug - I was scared and don't mind admitting it. Instead of bashing people due to their fears, give them a 3rd option like some of are now doing. One HT doc said that he has had some patients that had problems but they could tolerate propecia and still get results by using it once a week. So anyone out there on the fence, consider a low dose rather than doing nothing. Read some of the studies on pubmed- .20 works almost as good a 1mg. If this low dose will just stop my mpb, I will be happy. And also the first guy on my mothers side in years not to end up with that darn horseshoe. So a low dose is worth the risk for me and hopefully will convince others on the fence to give it a shot.

One reason I am on the fence is I think I may have prostate issues, am seeing my Dr this week, if I have he may prescribe Proscar or Dut anyway. If I haven't got issues, I'll ask his advice about taking Fin, tho when I asked before, he basically said every drug has side effects, go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    One reason I am on the fence is I think I may have prostate issues, am seeing my Dr this week, if I have he may prescribe Proscar or Dut anyway. If I haven't got issues, I'll ask his advice about taking Fin, tho when I asked before, he basically said every drug has side effects, go for it!
    Smart move. Getting advice from a Dr is always better than getting it from a bunch of paranoid guys on the internet.

Halloween will be hear in a few weeks and I am trying to think of something that will just scare the hell out of people. I am thinking of going out as a propecia bottle. That should get a bunch of guys running for their lives.