Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JonB. View Post
    Paul, I understand what you were saying and I am telling you first hand what I have will not merge and create the problem you are describing.

Keep this post alive and over time at anytime ...post up for those who are interested and I will be happy to report back.

There are others at the HIS forum that have this for years and don't have the issues you are describing.

Thank you for your well wishes and I wish you the same in your search and solution..

whats so wonderful is that we all have good choices.
    Oh, well, good luck.

Having your head tattooed is probably the worst “solution” to hair loss that has ever been thrown into the snake oil pit. I also think that some of the people posting on these threads are shills for various companies that offer head tattoos. In time these tattoos will turn blue and even before that point you are sentenced to a life of never going out in the sun again without sunscreen on your head. It’s a stupid idea being sold to desperate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Having your head tattooed is probably the worst “solution” to hair loss that has ever been thrown into the snake oil pit. I also think that some of the people posting on these threads are shills for various companies that offer head tattoos. In time these tattoos will turn blue and even before that point you are sentenced to a life of never going out in the sun again without sunscreen on your head. It’s a stupid idea being sold to desperate people.
    What I don't understand is that you don't need the dots to 'prove' you 'have' hair.

Many grey haired men and guys with blond hair will not show natural hair roots anyway. Does this mean an old guy of 65 is gonna have black dots put on his head. Or black dots put on a blond guy's head when his face is pale.

The only people who think MHT is snake oil are the ones who have not seen the work first hand.

No offense but if a person is looking for that short look...MHT is a wonderful alternative.

All I can tell you guys is I've seen guys who have had it for years and they still love it. I've seen guys who have gotten it done and they are thrilled to death with it.

I have it and its one of the best birthday presents I've ever given myself.

If you prefer longer hair than obviously go for the hair transplant with a reputable surgeon.

This is just a heads up that it really does look great. Its totally natural looking and the fears being discussed really are not valid when done by a firm such as HIS which is the company I used.

I did over 1o months of research before moving forward and I am quite particular in my desire to come across with a totally natural look.

I clearly had the funds available to go any route I wanted. My loving wife also supported what ever decision I made..

Needless to say she loves the new look.

Best of luck in whatever path any of you decide to take.

Just know ...taking the HIS path for MHT has been a great experience for me and many of my friends.

Slothy, I don’t personally know anyone who was dumb enough to have this “procedure” done. Don’t be desperate and make a stupid decision. These boards are here for a couple of reasons and one to help desperate uniformed people to make smart decisions before it’s too late.
    Good luck!
    I had it done and it is great....what is dumb is 10s of thousands of dollars spent on HTs, chemicals, and hairpieces which I was an idiot and bought as well. My wife cannot tell the difference being less than a foot away. I dont worry about anything now. Yes I do miss having hair but it simply is not worth it. Even if I need a touch up one day big deal...spend way less on that than a lifetime of the other maintenance costs. I have real tattoos as well and they still look great after 20 years. Most people you encounter are not going to get as close as your wife or significant other and I could care less anyway now because it is a real part of me and does give the illusion of a nice dense full head of hair that is buzzed really close. I admit my little bit of a HT helps with the illusion on my hairline and I am lucky to have quite a bit of hair up there at 47. Not sure if I would recommend this to guys who have zero growth up there. Just try to be a little more optomistic. The people I worked with are not fly by nighters and the owner has it done as well and helped me through this because he lived the same nightmare. I am sure there are some shady peeps out there doing this as well but that goes for all of the hair industry. You got to remember we live in an age of accountability and most of these businesses have to protect themselves legally and are not going to be stupid and ruin peoples lives for a quick buck without facing penalties.

Default No shill here...

No shill here. Just one of the many who have lived this nightmare. I am sure you will not be convinced no matter what by the way you speak of this subject. I am considering trying to start a franchise with the company I worked with because it has changed my life and I want to help similar people unchain themselves from wearing hair systems. I am beyond words how free I feel now. You notice I am not going to mention the place I had it done in hopes you will believe me. This can work for certain people I believe unless you are really rich and can handle the HT process then go ahead. I too would love to get the full head of hair like Matthew McConehey got but who has that kinda of money and time?
    Also I know for sure that if I did ever get the funds and bravery that this "tattoo" would work well with a HT because then you would not have to worry about the density issue that usually is the problem with an HT. This was confirmed my Dr. Ron Shapiro.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    Gentlemens service? i think a real gentlemen is so smart to either shave his head or get a hair tranplant but not ink on his head.

Btw why didnt you put HSI as your paying institution in your signature? Hey wanna know why scalp tattoos never made it on the btt show? Yep because its just plain BS procedure where nobody should respect anything its hundred steps away from a solution.
    The place I went to has been on TV, local Fox News show and soon to be on Good Morning America and they actually called the company with an interest in doing a segment because of its great reviews.
    I wont go on because I already put my 2 cents worth in on other posts on here.

Oh great, another head tattoo shill. When will the guys learn? Good Morning America huh? Just shows you how stupid the media is!

Default Shill???

Oh great, another head tattoo shill. When will the guys learn? Good Morning America huh? Just shows you how stupid the media is!
    I wish I was! Would love to get back some money I spent on my head. You notice I have never mentioned who I went with for this tattoo. I dont plan on it either but since I have done just about everything out there to remedy this situation including snake oils, HTs and hairpiece. I feel I can give a better view point on this subject than most. This works best for me and have not had one strange look yet like I have with hair systems and HT. Have you actually stood over someone with this done and touched their head? I have and I was convinced. You made your point and this isnt the right thing for everyone. I really dont think people that are completely slick on top should do this. I am blessed and cursed with having a lot of sparseness on top that creates the illusion and texture you need to pull this off. Just trying to help the guys who are possibly on the same fence i was.

Default shill???

and also since you are getting so personal.....you mean to tell me that you are considering shelling out 10s of thousands of dollars for hair that will most likely come out not as dense and look unnatural, be scarred for life, undergo alot of pain and healing and have to take a drug that causes erectile dysfunction, depression and loss of libido? Go for it. That is what sounds stupid to me. I saw early on how much I would have to invest and I dont have the funds and you still arent guarenteed you will be satisfied. Like I said if you are in a place like Matthew McConehey then go for it and I wish you the best of luck.