+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is Rogaine likely to mess up future treatments?

Meaning if started minoxidil and continued with it for a few years, would it somehow make leading treatments -if proved to be successful- such as replicel ineffective because your hair would have developed a dependence on minoxidil?

Or would you have to keep on applying minoxidil regardless? Or would you be able to stop minox and the treatment from replicel, andreans would most likely maintain the hair grown with minox?

Thanks in advance.

doubtful, if anything future treatments could be combined with minoxidil(I.E PGD2 ) to make it work even better.

There's nothing in my opinion that's very permanent about minoxidil anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    doubtful, if anything future treatments could be combined with minoxidil(I.E PGD2 ) to make it work even better.

There's nothing in my opinion that's very permanent about minoxidil anyway.
    Does your hair not develop a dependency to minox? Just from what I have read about people having a massive shed after quitting or reducing minox?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Does your hair not develop a dependency to minox?
    Hair that has grown back from using Minoxidil might be somewhat dependent on the medication. However, there is no compelling evidence to suggest that any of the rest of your hair becomes dependent on Minoxidil. Either way I feel dependency, if any, can be reduced by tapering off of the medication slowly over time.

The massive shed that can happen when stopping Minoxidil can also be avoided by tapering off the medication slowly over time. As long as you are taking Finasteride to prevent further loss, much of the hair that grew back from using Minoxidil should remain. However, if you are not taking Finasteride the hair that grew back from using Minoxidil will shed out eventually and you will return to the hair loss state you were in before treated it.

To answer the original question though, no it is not at all likely that using Minoxidil will "mess up" future treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hair that has grown back from using Minoxidil might be somewhat dependent on the medication. However, there is no compelling evidence to suggest that any of the rest of your hair becomes dependent on Minoxidil. Either way I feel dependency, if any, can be reduced by tapering off of the medication slowly over time.

The massive shed that can happen when stopping Minoxidil can also be avoided by tapering off the medication slowly over time. As long as you are taking Finasteride to prevent further loss, much of the hair that grew back from using Minoxidil should remain. However, if you are not taking Finasteride the hair that grew back from using Minoxidil will shed out eventually and you will return to the hair loss state you were in before treated it.

To answer the original question though, no it is not at all likely that using Minoxidil will "mess up" future treatments.
    I used Rogain foam 4months, It was Great result and my hair was so thick and reduced hair loss. However after that i went to holiday couple month without use them as i forgotten. My hair was mess up really badly, burning, hair off a lots and so itchy. I know it sound weird but it happened to me. After i came back from holiday i tried use it again for 6months and result not good but it does help reduce hair loss.

I haven't use rogain foam couple week now and I'm thinking to try again now do it properly and drink lots of water too.. Plus i will use Seven sea.

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    Plus i will use Seven sea.
    what's seven sea?

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    what's seven sea?
    Seven sea it a cod liver oil. healthy vitamins and info http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...cod-liver-oil/

Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    However after that i went to holiday couple month without use them as i forgotten. My hair was mess up really badly.
    As I have said many many many times now, it is not a good idea to stop using Minoxidil abruptly. If you need to stop using Minoxidil, taper off of it slowly over time. Never stop abruptly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    what's seven sea?
    It's a multivitamin product. If you want to use something like that, just get Nature's Bounty's "Hair, Skin & Nails" multivitamins. It is not at all likely to help, but I can't hurt you. I use it myself because you just never know.

Thanks for the replies.

When I used rogaine I had a horrible shed that forced me to stop using.

The same happened with finasteride and I didnt grow any of the hair back.

God I hope Replicel works with decent hair transplant. This has to be the next step right? I mean if you can transplant follicles why not cells?