+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

I am so sorry. Losing your hair is very depressing. Do you have any idea why this is happening?
    This is the third time I have lost my hair due to stress. I always end up with a bald spot at the crown. Because I know it is caused by stress I try to get rid of all the stress in my life. Sometimes easier said than done. Next I take BioSil for the added collagen. Biotin is also good. I have been taking BioSil and I am going to start taking biotin for my hair but also for my finger nails that have started to peel and split. I am not a doctor or anything but I believe in building up a healthy body helps. Besides, I have not heard of anything topical that works.

Quote Originally Posted by hairloss2thickhair View Post
    I am so sorry. Losing your hair is very depressing. Do you have any idea why this is happening?
    This is the third time I have lost my hair due to stress. I always end up with a bald spot at the crown. Because I know it is caused by stress I try to get rid of all the stress in my life. Sometimes easier said than done. Next I take BioSil for the added collagen. Biotin is also good. I have been taking BioSil and I am going to start taking biotin for my hair but also for my finger nails that have started to peel and split. I am not a doctor or anything but I believe in building up a healthy body helps. Besides, I have not heard of anything topical that works.
    Tried topical Biotin myself. It did absolutely nothing for my hair. It was a waste of my money.

Sorry to hear that. When I took biotin I was also taking BioSil, so maybe the biotin wasn't all that effective. I am going to start taking it again but this time it is because my fingernails are a real mess and I hope it will help.

Default Hair loss along the hair line.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I'm about to just give up on a cure. My hair line is disfiguring, diffuse thinning is all over. Nothing is gonna reverse this. Nothing.
    Hi BoSox:
    I was just wondering, because your hair loss is along the hair line, is it possible that you are reacting to something you put on your face, like face soap, shaving cream, after shave or something along that line. I'm thinking about a possible allergy. Just a thought.
    hairloss2thickhair

I have male pattern baldness. Both older brothers are NW7, father is NW7. I'm a NW 2.5, only because I've been on propecia. I assure you, my hair line receding and diffuse thinning has nothing to do with any allergy, or substance I put on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    seems you're not up-to-date. there is tons of new hot info on H+L+T. even an interview with tsuji labs.
    tsuji is officially targeting a 2020 full cure release in japan.

follica also showed some new stuff on their website. they can create denovo terminal hair with their wounding device. question is only, how efficient will it be. we will see, but i'm personally very excited about follica.

replicel could turn out good as well, but it could also fail.

histogen is still a write-off in my opinion.

however, tsuji is the real deal. if they run into troubles, maybe it will be 2021 or 2022, but we're not talking a decade anymore. the cure will come, sooner than people think. we have to be strong for another 3 to 5 years. then hairloss is a thing of the past finally. to hell with all snake oil con artists.
    You guys are very optimistic, I wish I shared the same positive vibes about the future of hair loss cures. When I first signed up to *H....L....T* in 2009, I was reading about cures coming in 5 years. When I signed up here in 2011, I was reading about cures coming in 2013, 2015, and 2017 outside of the US. None of them ever came. We're one month shy of 2017 and now i'm reading cures coming in 2020. I really hope it's true, but my thoughts about a "cure" are more in line with the poster who said 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    You guys are very optimistic, I wish I shared the same positive vibes about the future of hair loss cures. When I first signed up to *H....L....T* in 2009, I was reading about cures coming in 5 years. When I signed up here in 2011, I was reading about cures coming in 2013, 2015, and 2017 outside of the US. None of them ever came. We're one month shy of 2017 and now i'm reading cures coming in 2020. I really hope it's true, but my thoughts about a "cure" are more in line with the poster who said 20 years.

Been lurking since 2004 and Intercyrex was supposed to cure us by 2007. Trust me, there is nothing in sight right now =(

no news, no researches in months.
    everybody seem to have given up on MPB, this is really depressing.

No news is good news, sometimes.

I think we are way off a cure or even a process that is cosmetically viable for higher norwoods. There are just too many unknown variables at the moment.

Best we can hope for is improvement in transplantation techniques.