Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I really dont agree that MPB is driven at all by environment like other conditions or diseases. I think its like 98 percent genes that determine sensitivity and really nothing you can do about it. Castration prevents MPB so really then he is saying if someone had a terrible diet, smoked, and did everything bad but was castrated before puberty then they would still go bald from environmental factors? I Dont buy it. At this point why assume anything but hype for something new until its proven otherwise?
    I still think a potent AA like dut combined with something like RU that blocks T from receptors would basically stop MPB forever.

Thanks for your response Burt.

I disagree, I think environmental factors play a significant role in hair-loss.

Here's a few examples:

Male Baldness Linked To Higher Incidence of Heart Disease

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/01.27/bald.html

Androgenetic alopecia and prostate cancer: findings from an Australian case-control study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12050096

As cited in Spencer's book, The Bald Truth, Japanese researchers cited diet as a risk factor in hair-loss:

https://books.google.com.ph/books?isbn=4431670386

Others may highlight the role of genetics too. The extent to which diet influences hair-loss is debatable. Personally though, I believe our day to day lifestyle choices have a significant role to play.

Why are there homeless with a full head of hair?

They obviously have terrible diets and live in toxic environments.

Honestly, I think you're a shill who cherry picks data to support a bad argument.

Sure diet and environment may contribute, but they are not major. We can look at native Americans for anthropological evidence. As the hairloss gene is not carried by pure blooded natives. And many natives around the chaco canyon suffered starvation from drought, and even in best cases had terrible diets. We know this because of the destruction on their teeth. This is because their diet was nearly entirely corn. But they had full heads of hair. Why? Genes.

Maybe your right. I am always willing to change my mind but I have never seen any man destined for the high norwoods in the sky ever prevent or alter its course to any major degree through lifestyle choices. If someone can show me they started severely balding, had major MPB history, and prevented it through that I would be curious to see those pictures or evidence.
    All I see is men I know that have history of MPB doing the same stuff I do and going bald much faster than me. So hard for me to see life style choices in real world scenarios altering MPB in others I know. The issue with all those studies is there is no way to ever separate out what is actually at play and everyone MPB progresses differently.

I've seen anecdotal reports. Masumi Inaba's book above ^ outlines a dietary approach that stimulated mild to moderate regrowth in 30-50% of participants. As a disclaimer, I haven't read the book in full. Other interventions may have been applied in conjunction.

Based on the correlation between hair-loss, heart-disease, cancer and insulin resistance it's reasonable to theorize, as Inaba did, *saturated fat plays a significant role in hair-loss. Perhaps if we concentrated on reducing LDL cholesterol and correcting progesterone levels we'd induce greater results than any synthetic options currently available.

It's 1 of my frustrations about this community. If we 'Crowd Tested' bio-markers rather than blindly chasing Merck's next clinical study we'd make significant progress.

Hair-growth though is slow, insidious and difficult to measure. Perhaps that's why we entrust the 'professionals' with our fate.

* I'm aware contemporary media reports portray saturated fat as healthy. Nutrition Science begs to differ.

Spurs if obviously here to sell a product. Anybody with half a braincell can see that.

^ Lol ya dumb bastard. (Am I allowed to write that without being censored?)

No. I have a bunch of problems with Roddy's guide. Not least his salesmanship or his distortion of vegan/vegetarian diets -- He calls the vegan diet 'The Hair Destroying Diet'.

However, I don't trust pharmaceutical companies and I think many hair-loss sufferers are ****ing lemmings.

I believe diet, correctly applied, is indistinguishable from medicine without the side-effects. Unfortunately, however, you won't find clinical trials to underline the efficacy of eating your greens and a healthy head of hair.

Thanks for your take. You dumb ****

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
    ^ Lol ya dumb bastard. (Am I allowed to write that without being censored?)

No. I have a bunch of problems with Roddy's guide. Not least his salesmanship or his distortion of vegan/vegetarian diets -- He calls the vegan diet 'The Hair Destroying Diet'.

However, I don't trust pharmaceutical companies and I think many hair-loss sufferers are ****ing lemmings.

I believe diet, correctly applied, is indistinguishable from medicine without the side-effects. Unfortunately, however, you won't find clinical trials to underline the efficacy of eating your greens and a healthy head of hair.

Thanks for your take. You dumb ****
    You are free to dabble in the bro science all you want. Call me/ the forum when he/ you can deliver some real results. Until then you are wasting forum space/ your time (unless you want to sell some shit). Ktnxby

Ah, Dus. Apparently eating a healthy diet is 'bro-science'?

The term 'bro-science' is ironic. Keyboard Warriors often make that charge without 'science' to back it up. But please, go ahead ...

I'm happy Roddy introduced 'The Baldness Myth' to the debate. I welcome anyone to critique it. In the meantime Dus, unless you have a contribution to make, stop wasting our time ; )

If you are a pure blooded Native American you have no hairloss gene. This has nothing to do with environment or health. If it did, pure blooded Native Americans would be bald. Why? Because there are many historical incidents of starvation due to droughts. But even disregarding disasters the diet of tribes in the south west were very poor. Making their diet entirely of corn. And not modern corn, ancient corn. Smaller yields, smaller size.