• Show
Clear All
  • HairRobinHood
    Inactive
    • Feb 2010

Researchers successfully developed artificial hair-bearing skin

How it started ...

November 2009

Researchers at the Technical University of Berlin, with the support of the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), have developed a skin model that is not created using skin cells, but using cells taken from hair. And now they are trying to create artificial skin that has hair - just like in real life.
    --------------------------

December 2010 - UPDATE
    Latest news, travel, politics, money, jobs and more. Get guides on property, second homes, visas, language, taxes from The Local's journalists in Germany.

Main article by “Welt Online” (“World Online”) translated from German into English:

Many popular media in Europe reported about this breakthrough during the past few days – of course most of these articles are published in the German language.
  • DesperateOne
    • Jul 2013

We need to revive this thread and fast!

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Why? Is it available to the public?

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Um, this is old news about Dr. Roland Lauster's work. In the last three years, we've heard next to nothing from him.

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
          Um, this is old news about Dr. Roland Lauster's work. In the last three years, we've heard next to nothing from him.

lol

Hellouser, do you know if boldy got heart failure on cb?

Comment

• fred970
            • Nov 2009

Come on hellouser, again with this picture? No one has found a cure for baldness.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by fred970

Come on hellouser, again with this picture? No one has found a cure for baldness.
              Why?
              Dr. Lauster produced in his labs this ...

...namely, a "hair-fiber-producing-something" - and for hellloser it's "the cure".

Comment

• Desmond84
                • Oct 2012

I think this technology is definitely the cure BUT we wont see it come to fruition until at least 2020. The science is there but there's still a few missing links!

Things like replicating exactly the same DP cells in large numbers to ensure they maintain their trichogenicity is most probably the key! Once we can do this cheaply and safely, you can be certain we will see these treatments becoming available in dermatology clinics all around the world...

Stem cell research is being conducted in all fields of medicine NOT just hair loss and luckily they all feed off of each other...so you can be sure that we will have an answer to this nightmare in the next 10 years! I mean we already know how to create hair follicles, we just don't know how to multiply enough stem cells and DP cells to do so!

Hang in there guys, we will NOT die bald! That is definite

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Desmond84
                  What of those of us who reach NW6/7? Do you feel similarly still, Desmond?

Comment

• DesperateOne
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hellouser

hahaha, that picture is so funny. Someone needs to get their ass to where he lives and talk to him.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Desmond84
                      This is true. We'll get the cure a week before we die.

Comment

• brunobald
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by clandestine
                        What of those of us who reach NW6/7? Do you feel similarly still, Desmond?
                        I can't speak for Desmond but I feel this technology will be able to easily give NW6/7 all the hair they could ever want and them some. Harvesting DP cells is very easy in fact you can do it a home with a fue punch and a disecting microscope. It is also easy to multiply them, I think they have gone 50 fold with no signs of them slowing down. The raw materials are potentially unlimited so there is no reason to put an upper limit on grafts.

There are some issues that are being worked on right now, but the good thing about stem cell research is it is fairly similer across the field so at the moment you could consider every top scientist working on stem cell at the moment is in some part contributing towards curing MPB.

I think we are at least 10 years away from this is being available to the masses. But I reckon if you have them money and are willing to travel and risk having this done on the black market you could have it done a lot sooner.

Comment

• baldybald
                          • Jul 2012

i think the reason that we do not have a cure till now is that scientists did not care about it before and they started to make researches in the last couple of years. hope we are not that far from the cure.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by brunobald
                            I can't speak for Desmond but I feel this technology will be able to easily give NW6/7 all the hair they could ever want and them some. Harvesting DP cells is very easy in fact you can do it a home with a fue punch and a disecting microscope. It is also easy to multiply them, I think they have gone 50 fold with no signs of them slowing down. The raw materials are potentially unlimited so there is no reason to put an upper limit on grafts.

There are some issues that are being worked on right now, but the good thing about stem cell research is it is fairly similer across the field so at the moment you could consider every top scientist working on stem cell at the moment is in some part contributing towards curing MPB.

I think we are at least 10 years away from this is being available to the masses. But I reckon if you have them money and are willing to travel and risk having this done on the black market you could have it done a lot sooner.
                            That's true, there is probably a few rich guys that can go there and try it out. This is already the cure, it is mind boggling why it's not being invested in heavily.

Comment

• burtandernie
                              • Nov 2012

I guess its all relative to where you are, but I would rather have CB 03 01 or some safe way to keep my hair then something like this to cure it. I hope a cure to get back hair shows up soon, but I would rather keep my hair without a drug like propecia.

Comment

Working...