+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by serenemoon View Post
    He will get minoxidil-like results, in which case, I won't be buying it.
    What are "minoxidil-like results"?

Quote Originally Posted by epipapilla View Post
    What are "minoxidil-like results"?
    mediocre results like this.

http://store4life.ru/images/rogaine-...ss-results.jpg

haha.

i have to disagree,

I had sick results with 5% minox, but had to stop due to sides. I would buy a product even if its 50% of what minox gave me...

I'm hopeful this will yield better results than Minoxidil, but if not, I can still see people switching to this if the results are similar. The fact that you have an off-period on Follicept should be a big enough draw, if the prices are similar. Most people can't be bothered applying Minoxidil twice a day every day, for the rest of their lives.

I understand that their transdermal technology has the ability to transfer molecules of 22 kDa across the skin. If Follicept were to use AAPE in their gel as it is FDA approved and its merely hundreds of proteins that are below the threshold of 22kDa but must be injected otherwise, would that be the key instead of IGF-1?

Just read this comment on another forum which I really enjoyed, for being so spot on, so pasting it here:

Follicept is a solution in search of a problem. They've got a somewhat novel delivery method that is sparking very little interest from the pharma industry. So, what can they do? Turn to the desperation of the balding community, of course. Run a half-azzed trial, using concentrations so low the FDA will turn a blind eye to them and generate results that are ambiguous at best. Trial feedback will be something to this effect: "wow, my shedding completely stopped", "my hair feels so much fuller", "i'm maintaining and no side effects!". Young desperate guys will come running with their wallets out and hopes up. This will give follicept a bit of revenue so they can continue to proposition pharma to adopt their technology for a real project.

They're attempting this experiment with the blind hope of a child waiting for Santa to bring them their favorite toy. And, unfortunately, the way they're running this "trial" is so amateurish they've left no way to evaluate this treatment unless it grows massive amounts of hair. Without a comparison versus a proper control, they've no way to conclusively tell if their treatment is working at anything other than an eye popping way. Which, as we know, is nearly impossible to do. Nothing has come close to propecia and minoxidil.

Does anyone honestly think they believe, even for one second, that using 0.0001% solution delivered across the dermis, is gonna generate effects large enough to see from a casual inspection, essentially defeating all known treatments we've seen to date? No, they don't believe that, Dr Hsu is smarter than that. What they're counting on is ambiguity in the results, because that's what they can exploit. I simply refuse to believe they're as naive as they're letting on. Ask yourself, why is this being conducted without a control, without a systematic way of applying the treatment, why no proper baseline photos with great lighting? It's because that would remove the ambiguity. If they really are this naive and they believe this is an honest effort to bring forward a new treatment, well then i have to laugh and wish them best of luck, because they have no clue what they're doing.

Someone over at follicept page actually made reference to Devon as comparable to Jesus. No lie. Unbelievably sad and rather pathetic that some people get suckered in like that.

Maybe this will be the elusive unicorn that saves everyone's hair. But, i wouldn't count on it. I think we can all see this train wreck coming from miles away...

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Just read this comment on another forum which I really enjoyed, for being so spot on, so pasting it here:
    Arashi,
    I have to MOSTLY agree with this. The potentially promising factor in their formula, and the one that I am interested in, is the vehicle. If they have found a novel way to deliver molecules of that size directly to the hair follicles, without the molecules going entirely systemic, couldn't this hold promise for delivery of other, more potent molecules, such as RU?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    They clearly said 100 times that they're going to try it on themselves and then if it shows promise, they'll do a full trial. I really think the only way to explain your posts is that you're having a good time getting people all worked up. In reality, no one has ever tried this method before, so no one can say confidently whether it'll work or not. They can only guess, like you have been, but It seems like you don't know the difference between guessing and actually knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by robjacksen View Post
    They clearly said 100 times that they're going to try it on themselves and then if it shows promise, they'll do a full trial.
    They said they'll sell right away after this first 'trial' (not sure if you can even call it that), if the results were astonishing. That's also the only way one could even know it worked: if the results are what one could call 'mediocre', like minox, this 'testing method' is just not good enough to document it. But of course they're not aiming for 'incredible results', they're aiming for ambiguity. They'll call the results incredible themselves, start indiegogo and start selling. Anyway that's what this post laid out. And no I wasn't posting that to "work people up" but because I really think Mr Z, who posted this, is going to be spot on wit the above analysis. We'll see soon enough though !

Quote Originally Posted by robjacksen View Post
    They clearly said 100 times that they're going to try it on themselves and then if it shows promise, they'll do a full trial. I really think the only way to explain your posts is that you're having a good time getting people all worked up. In reality, no one has ever tried this method before, so no one can say confidently whether it'll work or not. They can only guess, like you have been, but It seems like you don't know the difference between guessing and actually knowing.
    Exactly, and Devon SPECIFICALLY Mentioned, that they would not be going based on "opinions of people" but that they will be going based on VERY strong actual data in the approved trial. So Arashi, that guy's point is kaput.

It blows my mind that people are jumping on, "let's use the delivery technolofy for Ru/minox/fin/dut" without even waiting to see how IGF-1 would perform. IGF-1 adresses AR, upregulates other growth factors, does not need regular dosing - who is to say that IGF-1 will not blow Ru out of the water? Wait and see peeps. The problem is that a lot of you have it in your head that IGF-1 will DEFINITELY not grow any kind of hair. We will talk about Ru and other compounds when we can definitely see that IGF-1 will not be doing anything, okay? Good. Plus the delivery system is their blood, sweat and tears, so for the love of god, let the good doctor try out what he believes will bring our hair back using the delivery technology that HE came up with. He has that right do at least that.