Natural DHT blockers - HLCC Script Complete - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Natural DHT blockers - HLCC Script Complete

Does anyone have any experience with natural DHT blockers? I have come across one called HLCC Scripts Complete.

The company's web site says it has NO side effects. It says the following about how it works compared to propecia:

HLCC: Blocks androgen receptors so DHT doesn't bind to hair follicles
    Propecia: Stops 5 alpha reductase from converting Testosterone to DHT

Here is a link to the site: http://www.hlcconline.com/001HLCOMP30.html

I am seriously considering this as propecia caused me to have side effects. I am struggling to find reviews though. Thoughts please?

The vast majority of "natural" DHT blockers are nothing more than over priced versions of Saw Palmetto Complex. Note that I said "complex" not straight Saw Palmetto. You can buy Saw Palmetto Complex at your local pharmacy in the vitamin isle.

It is important to note that if any "natural" DHT blocker you may find actually does block DHT in some way, it will likely cause similar side effects as Finasteride.

There are no legitimate studies to show that any "natural" product for treating hair loss actually works. There is some anecdotal evidence that Saw Palmetto Complex might work for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The vast majority of "natural" DHT blockers are nothing more than over priced versions of Saw Palmetto Complex. Note that I said "complex" not straight Saw Palmetto. You can buy Saw Palmetto Complex at your local pharmacy in the vitamin isle.

There are no legitimate studies to show that any "natural" product for treating hair loss actually works. There is some anecdotal evidence that Saw Palmetto Complex might work for some people.
    Thank you. Do they actually work differently enough so that no side effects are experienced?

I am excited about my new regimen now. Minoxodil began yesterday, Nizoral ordered online, I will purchase a HairMax LaserComb online and tomorrow I will buy Saw Palmetto at pharmacy. Surely if I do get side effects from it, they are natural and so no "post-finasteride" syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    Thank you. Do they actually work differently enough so that no side effects are experienced?
    Personally, I don't think they work at all. I cannot test them myself to find out. If they actually do work, they would likely cause the same side effects as Finasteride.

Fine then!!!! Apparently Revivogen is a substitute for Propecia and has no side effects.

"Potentially one of the most effective, clinically-backed products on the market. We cannot stress this enough. When you Google "hair loss treatments", you are bombarded with literally hundreds of snake oils. Revivogen is the one treatment out there with actual studies backing its ingredients, and this is unique. Revivogen is a topically applied DHT inhibitor that contains more scientifically-backed ingredients for inhibiting DHT than you can shake a stick at. The makers set out to create a solution that contains as many known DHT-inhibiting, antiandrogen ingredients as possible. Since no significant amount is absorbed into the bloodstream, there are no side effects, as may be seen with orally-ingested treatments like Propecia."

Apparently Revivogen is a substitute for Propecia and has no side effects.
    Revivogen is nothing more than an over priced bottle of empty promises. It does nothing appreciable. The "studies" they claim to have mean nothing because they are not true legitimate studies.

My God. Would you like me to just kill myself?

You must be a propecia marketer!

My God. Would you like me to just kill myself?
    Of course not. Don't even think about doing that. For thousands of years men have had to come to terms with hair loss. They survived. So can you.

You must be a propecia marketer!
    No, I don't work for Merck. I am unemployed at the moment. I don't work for anyone. What I am telling you is reality. Hereditary hair loss is a very difficult problem to resolve. The reason the FDA has only approved two medications for treating hair loss is because no other medications work - or if they do work the possible side effects are unacceptably unsafe.

Think about it, if any pill or lotion other than Finasteride or Minoxidil actually did work, everyone would know about it. It would be all over the news. You would not need to do internet "research" to find it.

The name of this forum is "The Bald Truth Talk". What I am telling you is reality. What I am telling you is the truth. If you don't want someone to tell you the truth, go to another forum.

Say Rupe, never get discouraged! The battle against hair loss is difficult and practically impossible to overcome however we need to attack the problem in whatever means is available and be happy for small victories such as slowing down the rate of our hair loss. I would encourage you to maintain your regimen. Minoxidil, Nizoral, Saw Palmetto (you might want to add Biotin and Zinc) and even the LaserMax Comb will help you acheive these small victories. I'm not a proponent of the Laser Comb but people claim that it gives their hair the appearance of being thicker so for that reason alone it might be worth trying. If you give up the fight entirely, your hair loss woes WILL get worst. If you continue to fight, you'll hopefully postpone the inevitable until such time as a real cure becomes available.

Say, there are numerous drugs out there for lowering cholesterol, reducing high blood pressure, etc. If you develop side effects with one type of medicine, your doctor will simply prescribe another form. Most times you will be perfectly fine with the alternative. Both propecia and saw palmetto inhibit DHT from attaching to the hair follicles. Just because you experienced side effects from propecia doesn't mean that the same thing will happen with saw palmetto.

Bottomline, don't give up the fight! Stress and anxiety will definitely increase your hair loss problem. Be positive! Try everything possible and then if the inevitable finally catches up with you, you'll know that you tried your best.

Best of luck to you!