Does finasteride block dht or cause the body to produce less dht? - Page 5 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

The_Charger has some good arguments if you ask me.

Gives stats, provides resources behind his arguments, and most of all...... his determination to win this debate.

Sounds like he would be a good lawyer if you ask me

Charger,

Man you make some great arguments. Most of us couldn't be this bothered. I really hope you stick around this forum, you bring some hope of sanity on baldtruth and this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by the_charger View Post
    I really clearly explained the problems with that definition.... Who wrote it? Where are the sources? How old is that definition? you can probably understand, medicine changes quickly. maybe it was the understanding back in the 1980's was that DHT was very important for sexual functioning in adult men, but a lot can change in 30 years and it really obvious that it has, as the end of this post will really clearly show. even the study you posted said that hormones and the effect on sexual function was very poorly understood.
    The definitions were sourced from current medical dictionaries. You're so deluded it's like you're insane.

Modern dictionary definition as used by the medical profession:

Dihydrotestosterone: A byproduct of the male hormone testosterone. Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is considered to be the essential androgenic hormone. DHT is responsible for the formation of male primary sex characteristics during embryonic life. It is responsible for the development of most secondary sex characteristics in males at puberty. And it continues to be important to male sexual function throughout adult life. A semisynthetic analog of DHT is called stanolone.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/scrip...ticlekey=33416

Why you would claim that the definition might be from 80s - it's absurd and bullshit. You can't just make stuff up to form an argument.

Give up Chris your are slowly becoming Irrelevant in this forum with your pitiful whining about how propecia ruined you.

Get over it. You might get better.

Quote Originally Posted by bob13 View Post
    Give up Chris your are slowly becoming Irrelevant in this forum with your pitiful whining about how propecia ruined you.

Get over it. You might get better.
    I have not even claimed that it's "ruined" me. Don't put words in my mouth. I have given my honest account of my experience on the drug and the "truth" (this is bald TRUTH talk right?) is that is seriously affected me. The side effects aren't as bad as they were when I was on the drug, but still not gone 3 months after quitting.

I consider it my responsibility to inform others so they make a balanced decision and I also want to get to the bottom of my problem.

Such is the sheer desperation for you some of you to keep or regrow hair, you shamelessly round on someone who is actually suffering and pretty anxious.

It should be a surprise to no one that the popularity contest is won be a proponent of Propecia, as most people don't appear to suffer side effects, however that does not mean there aren't a sizeable number of men who DO.

The_Charger has some good arguments if you ask me.

Gives stats, provides resources behind his arguments, and most of all...... his determination to win this debate.

Sounds like he would be a good lawyer if you ask me
    Charger,

Man you make some great arguments. Most of us couldn't be this bothered. I really hope you stick around this forum, you bring some hope of sanity on baldtruth and this topic.

Thanks a lot for the kind words both of you, im glad some people took the time to read this thread besides me and chrisis.. and 2020 who doesnt seem too fond of it!

Actually Kawaii im really surprised you said that because I am actually doing some upgrading so that I can go to law school! Well that is the plan anyway, so thank you again for the kind words.. i have a bit of a passion for collecting data and studies and ive realized how many of the numbers we see on ads and on tv are complete BS when you really look into them! I really thank crisis too because hes challenged me and forced me to check my shit before I post, so I have learned a lot about propecia, even though im certainly no expert.

I figure I owe a bit to this community, because i fell victim to anti propecia propaganda for such a long time, it was really thanks to Spencer and Dr Wasserbauer that showed me that propecia is safe and I decided to take the leap.. I dont regret it for a second.

it looks like you have tapped out of this debate chrisis. but I found some more proof that I am right here...

I got my hands on the full version of this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12639651

If you want to verify, you will have to buy the full version of the study like I did, but I will paraphrase because I doubt you will...

It is unknown how finasteride causes an increase of ed, decreased libido and ejaculation disorders in a small percentage of men during the first year of treatment. since there is no difference between baseline DHT or testosterone levels between men who have existing and non existing sexual problems means that DHT is not important in sexual function.

Additional support for the lack of importance of DHT in sexual function comes from studies in men born with a genetic deficiency in type 2 5-alpha-reductase (meaning NO DHT at all) shows they have normal libido and erectile function.

so this should put final nail in the coffin of this debate I think! researchers dont even know why propecia cause side effects, but know that DHT isnt needed to keep your healthy sexual function.

Quote Originally Posted by the_charger View Post
    anti propecia propaganda
    How callous to describe the experiences of men who are suffering as "propaganda". You're remarkably disrespectful and I don't even know what you're trying to "prove" anymore.

My point was and remains, that sexual dysfunction caused by finasteride affect an unknown number of men, and apparently far more than the studies indicate. Further, there are many methodological flaws with the studies currently at our disposal. It's clear that we don't know enough about the drug and opinion is unanimous that more research is urgently needed.