Topical Fin or RU? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Swooping, my biggest concern is side effects. Next is efficacy, of course. But if I get sides, it won't be effective b/c I will stop immediately. I'm sure that topical Fin will go systemic. It's just that anecdotally there seems to be fewer reports of side effects. RU has sides too, but for some reason I've always leaned toward RU.

For me, researching all this stuff is a challenge. I'm a pretty smart guy, but for some reason chemistry is not my thing. I like your summary of the different moas. Maybe I can use this as a starting point.

To that end, I know there is a lot out there, but could you point me to a favorite summary or two of how RU works? I'll figure it out one way or another, but when I read random posts about biochemistry, I sometimes feel like I am developing premature brain fog.

If those are you 2 primary concerns I would definitely opt for RU. I'll explain why;

The most important thing to me in using something is being it directly targeted. 5ar2 systematically inhibiting is a big stupid workaround. You are altering your hormonal profile that way. Hormones are a very subtle and fragile thing. Some just cope with it better than others and have no problems, some adapt and live with it, some just quit because they can't handle it and in extreme cases people can be (permanently) f*cked.

RU, as an androgen receptor however just occupies the receptor and will block hormones from binding. But that isn't altering your hormones, in fact they will stay the same only will they float around in your body. Now blocking AR systematically, that wouldn't be good too and comes with it's own complications. But RU has shown in studies that the pharmacokinetic profile is very good. Meaning that the systematic absorption is supposedly very limited. And even if some goes systematic it doesn't matter that much cause the amount of RU or the metabolites of RU ain't strong enough to occupy the receptor.

This alone says enough for me. 5ar2 inhibitors are a big workaround and RU covers the problem more directly; the androgen receptor at the hair follicle. Now even RU isn't perfect and side effects may occur but it has a very favorable profile for application imo.

Whatever treatment you are going to choose btw don't go into it with the idea you are going to get sides. Good luck!

Thanks man, very helpful.

Swooping because im new in this forum can you just please mention some sides from ru ?

Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    How much is 5% in milligrams, Jazz? El Duterino on another site has suggested that 20 mg might be sufficient to halt hair loss. What are your thoughts?
    50mg, 20mg would be 2% depends how you calculate your mixtures I would personally make fresh batches daily so 20mg per 1ml solution, or use neogenic solution works well.

I think I'm going to try the premixed Anagenic 3% to get the ball rolling. Any thoughts about PG/E v kB?

I am interested in reducing sides, which, popular opinion indicates, KB seems to do. But I have longish hair and I'm wondering if KB will make it difficult to keep clean/ style… such as it is =] Any thoughts from RU users?

I put 1.25 mg Fin into my 3% RU! No idea if it works since I started using RU just a couple weeks ago. Prior to that I was on Fin for 3 years but quit becuase I suffered sides. Lost a lot of hair since I stopped using Fin and hope I can at least stop or slow down my hair loss!

I've been on RU for almost a month now and I've already seen a massive improvement. I use Kirkland Minoxidil and a small amount of Isopropyl 99.9% pure alcohol as a vehicle. I've never taken finasteride but I've always used minoxidil which never really improved, but seemed to maintain very well. This past month my hair has become really filled in and lots more coverage than before. I haven't experienced any sides whatsoever. It's still early days, but if I will be sticking with RU long term until something better comes along. I'm amazed at how much it has improved my hair in such a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    I've been on RU for almost a month now and I've already seen a massive improvement. I use Kirkland Minoxidil and a small amount of Isopropyl 99.9% pure alcohol as a vehicle. I've never taken finasteride but I've always used minoxidil which never really improved, but seemed to maintain very well. This past month my hair has become really filled in and lots more coverage than before. I haven't experienced any sides whatsoever. It's still early days, but if I will be sticking with RU long term until something better comes along. I'm amazed at how much it has improved my hair in such a short period of time.

Same here, first 3 weeks I had a shedding, but now after 5-6 weeks the hair behind the HT hairline is getting definitely denser.

Im on RU only now, but will add ahk/ghk-cu + neogenic soon.

RU definitely works, there's no doubt about that. So does finasteride so it's a choice between the two. I opted for RU as I'm more comfortable with a topical. There's a lot of garbage and snake oil on these forums so just try to stick to the tried and tested and don't waste your money on anything else at least until something is proven to work. I'm also taking 1350mg of saw palmetto daily and I have a 1kg bag of pumpkin seeds that I munch on in work. I doubt either of the two do much but it can't hurt and they're cheap as chips. My RU dose is fairly low but it's working and that's all that matters for now. I also miss a few days here and there and it doesn't seem to affect the results. Nizoral shampoo is also a must for any good regimen. We have these to keep us in the game for now and despite all the negativity surrounding future treatments, I don't think we will have to wait too much longer. Just my two cents.