Hair treatment for MPB in teenagers - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Really surprised you found a clinic that will prescribe to you. Good thing though, much better to have a clinic that knows what's going on than just ordering online.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Really surprised you found a clinic that will prescribe to you. Good thing though, much better to have a clinic that knows what's going on than just ordering online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas42 View Post
    im surprised too. oh well i have a reliable source anyways.
    ^^ I was surprised too, was even more suprised that they recommended Dutasteride before trying fin. It sucks though that the only bloodwork they did was glucose levels, Hb levels and something else i can't remember... I was hoping they would check some of my hormones (Testosteron, Estrogen, etc). Not necessarily because I want to know if my hairloss is related to those hormones but rather to compare those levels to my levels while on finasteride (for when something goes wrong or whatever). So yeah, that sucks, but what can you do... It's too late to compare it with a baseline, already took my first 3 tablets

I'm so tired, fearing it's because of fin but hard to really tell without getting any bloodwork done. The night before I took fin, I had a very bad sleep (6am - 12am). The nights after that were perfectly fine though, went to bed at either 12pm or 1am and had at least 8,5 hours sleep (normally, I function optimally with this amount of sleep). But the last two days I have been tired as **** for no apparent reason other than fin. It's the kind of sleepiness that makes you want to go lay on the couch and watch tv, all day long. It starts when I wake up and is really bad for the first 3 or 4 hours. After that it's somewhat ok, it fluctuates a bit thorughout the day. Maybe it's too soon to say that it's fin-related, but it could be that my estrogen levels are just high or that my body has to adjust to the changes inside of me.

What do you guys think? Has anybody experienced this constant fatigue? Did it go away after a few weeks?

Probably have to adjust my diet to it if this persists.

Edit: libido and quality of erection is not affected at all... Sometimes a bit of a sensitive chest, but beside that, brain fog is pretty much all I'm experiencing

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I'm so tired, fearing it's because of fin but hard to really tell without getting any bloodwork done. The night before I took fin, I had a very bad sleep (6am - 12am). The nights after that were perfectly fine though, went to bed at either 12pm or 1am and had at least 8,5 hours sleep (normally, I function optimally with this amount of sleep). But the last two days I have been tired as **** for no apparent reason other than fin. It's the kind of sleepiness that makes you want to go lay on the couch and watch tv, all day long. It starts when I wake up and is really bad for the first 3 or 4 hours. After that it's somewhat ok, it fluctuates a bit thorughout the day. Maybe it's too soon to say that it's fin-related, but it could be that my estrogen levels are just high or that my body has to adjust to the changes inside of me.

What do you guys think? Has anybody experienced this constant fatigue? Did it go away after a few weeks?

Probably have to adjust my diet to it if this persists.

Edit: libido and quality of erection is not affected at all... Sometimes a bit of a sensitive chest, but beside that, brain fog is pretty much all I'm experiencing
    I'm 19 and I've been on Finasteride for 6 months and I have had no side effects what so ever. My dermatologist even said that he has never had a patient who suffered from the side effects that Finasteride labels. I've been using both Propecia and generic brand, no difference.

I usually go to bed 0300 and wake up around 0900(I work/game a shit ton) and I have no problems with fatigue or any sort of that shit.

Don't let shit get into your head... I was really worried about gyno when I start with fin, really annoying. Get your head somewhere else or you'll blame everything on fin. Just chill and think about the cool stuff fin does, saving your hair, more test etc.

Ur a teenager it's okay to be tired. C-H-I-L-L.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoD View Post
    I'm 19 and I've been on Finasteride for 6 months and I have had no side effects what so ever. My dermatologist even said that he has never had a patient who suffered from the side effects that Finasteride labels. I've been using both Propecia and generic brand, no difference.

I usually go to bed 0300 and wake up around 0900(I work/game a shit ton) and I have no problems with fatigue or any sort of that shit.

Don't let shit get into your head... I was really worried about gyno when I start with fin, really annoying. Get your head somewhere else or you'll blame everything on fin. Just chill and think about the cool stuff fin does, saving your hair, more test etc.

Ur a teenager it's okay to be tired. C-H-I-L-L.
    Yeah the thing is, I feel noticably different. Could be all in my head though, but I feel about the same as when I pull an all-nighter: tired, brain fog-ish.

But you're right, I really should stop visiting forums and stop reading about people who experienced the same sides that I am experiencing. However, if these sides are still there when I finish my first month of taking propecia, there's no ****ing way I'm ever going to touch this stuff again. (Or maybe cut my dose. Don't think that'll do much but who knows)

I visit the forums once in a while, just to check shit out, if there's anything going on with CB etc. It's a good idea.

All teenagers are tired man. I had a mate who had to visit the doc when we were in high school because he was so tried always. He had a hairline of 10 year old so I doubt he was on fin .

There's so much shit going on around fin... Everyone blames fin. You're paranoid that's all and so was I when i took my first pill, just forget that shit and move on

If it was so bad then it wouldn't be used or given to you by your doctor, have some faith man!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardoD View Post
    I visit the forums once in a while, just to check shit out, if there's anything going on with CB etc. It's a good idea.

All teenagers are tired man. I had a mate who had to visit the doc when we were in high school because he was so tried always. He had a hairline of 10 year old so I doubt he was on fin .

There's so much shit going on around fin... Everyone blames fin. You're paranoid that's all and so was I when i took my first pill, just forget that shit and move on

If it was so bad then it wouldn't be used or given to you by your doctor, have some faith man!
    Nah there's more going on. I'm going to visit my GP very soon if this continues, I've never felt like this before. Trust me, I know my body pretty well. I know I'm pretty prone to depression (have had periods of depression since I was 11 and have been on and off therapy) so maybe that's not really helping me.

It would sure suck if this brain fog doesn't go away while on fin or if it isn't solvable while on fin... I was really looking forward to using fin, finally I was able to do something significantly against my hair loss. And then this shit happens.

This whole finasteride is not going as well as I wished it would go. I'm developping lump-ish, rubbery tissue under my right nipple and the brain fog is still persistent. Does anybody have any experience with using a SERM or AI while on fin? I'm paying my GP a visit in a few days to get some clarification on the whole situation but I'm not really hopeful. She's probably going to tell me to quit fin unless this is a) not gyno or b) treatable with other medication. I really don't like option B though since I already hate taking 1 medicine that is adjusting my hormones, let alone multiple.

Well, my GP basically said "it could be because you're a teenager, it could be because of fin. There's no way to be sure. You can either quit and see if it resides or continue using fin and see if it gets worse." There's probably a 1% chance that this is not induced by fin. I mean, the coincedence would be very, VERY huge if my body naturally, not fin-related, developped gyno while taking fin.

Great. I've been off fin for almost 2 weeks now. The hard, rubbery, lumpish tissue is still there in my right nipple. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for early gyno-tissue to reside after you've quit fin? Surely beginning gyno is reversible when it's induced by only a week and a half worth of fin-usage?

Oh, and could it be that because I'm only 17 that my fin-gyno will reside as I grow older? I'm asking this because gyno is a common thing under teenagers (although I have never experienced gyno before fin-usage) and because fin altered my hormones, my body might take some time to get used to it and to possibly balance things back into place.

Any thoughts on this?

Damn, that sucks man, it really does. Now you have to worry about gynocomastia, hair loss, AND the stuff that normal teenagers have to deal with. You're right about how guys are more susceptible to gyno at our age, and Finasteride probably increases the risk by a substantial amount if I had to guess. The brain fog also would be a big issue for me.

Everything should go back to normal, and gyno is treatable at least. Good luck man.