+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hairloss cured ?

Jahoda reported last year that he could create hair on human skin. Unfortunately the hair wasn't cosmetically correct, it lacked things like colour and thickness. As a result of his DP cell culture, the cultured cells only had 22% gene expression left. This was enough to induce hair follicle growth, but not enough inductive capacity to do so with the correct properties.

Jahoda said in his presentation that he suspected that his was because of lack of influence from other cells.

Now, in 3 months, Aaron Gardner, who is a member of Jahoda's group is going to do a presentation at WCHR 2014 called:

DERMAL-EPIDERMAL INTERACTIONS IN 3D CULTURE RESTORE MARKERS OF DERMAL PAPILLA INDUCTIVITY - Aaron Gardner

This SOUNDS like they cracked that last part of the puzzle ! Of course that's just speculation at this point, we will have to wait 3 months to find out if they restored the inductivity to the point that the hair is 100% cosmetically correct, but man ... this does sounds good !!

I hope its true because growing a hair in the lab is basically a cure for MPB. Then they need to be able to do them in mass and cheaply at a quick speed. So there is more to it then just this, but this is certainly the hard part

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I hope its true because growing a hair in the lab is basically a cure for MPB. Then they need to be able to do them in mass and cheaply at a quick speed. So there is more to it then just this, but this is certainly the hard part
    Let's hope so. WCHR 2013, now a year ago, was when Jahoda first presented his breakthrough to the world. Now a year later at WCHR 2014 ... who knows .. They might have really cracked it ! The title at least hints at that !

2022-2023 the 'cure' will be here, just 8-9 more years of balding and suffering. This falls in line with the "5-10 years away" projection.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    2022-2023 the 'cure' will be here, just 8-9 more years of balding and suffering. This falls in line with the "5-10 years away" projection.
    Man I would laugh so hard at all these "there will never be a cure in our lifetime" or "it will always be 10 years from now" type of people if in fact Jahoda's group already cracked it

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Then they need someone competent to place it on your scalp.

If it does happen, I'll be happy, but since I started reading forums, I was expecting a different approach to a "cure". This is basically a hair transplant with more work (harvesting the follicles), it would cost a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Then they need someone competent to place it on your scalp.

If it does happen, I'll be happy, but since I started reading forums, I was expecting a different approach to a "cure". This is basically a hair transplant with more work (harvesting the follicles), it would cost a fortune
    Of course there would remain some possible obstacles on the road to the clinic. It might be extremely costly for starters. And still the follicle growth direction might be problematic (Tsuji solved that with small lines from the follicle to the surface, to lead the growth, this most likely would be impossible to do for like 10.000 follicles). But still. If they can grow follicles with 100% correct cosmetic features then I'm going to pop the champagne Cause that's by far the hardest part of this whole venture.

Guess we'll see in 3 months, won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Man I would laugh so hard at all these "there will never be a cure in our lifetime" or "it will always be 10 years from now" type of people if in fact Jahoda's group already cracked it
    Come on now Arashi, you're getting your hopes way too high. All we see is a title, we don't know exactly what they are going to talk about.

And I think it's like fixing a car, you diagnosed one problem and you think its the main problem but when you fix it you find out you have another huge problem.

let's hope this is actually what we hope it is!

PS Arashi thanks for sharing but you should have a less enthusiastic thread name maybe something a little bit more scientific like the acctual name of the discovery or paper, so when people want to discuss a certain topic, they make sense out of all the mess that the forum is...?