+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Nice find. I think my expectations for Histogen are that it's still a long way off but that it's going to be key for those that are just beginning to miniturise and lose some hair. This stuff could potentially hold it off forever but I think I might be pretty damn bald when it does come to market.

I'd like to think that in the future Histogen will be the medical treatment so to speak and Aderans will be the transplantation but the lines are blurred. Maybe they can be used synergistically. Kids today won't have to worry about going bald that's for sure.
    [QUOTE=Follicle Death Row;30734]

The way Spencer speaks, it seems that he actually has more faith in Histogen than anything else. To bad none of this is near.

I was thinking about the 57 hairs in 1cm2 Dr. Ziering mentioned. At 2.2 hairs per follicular unit that's almost 26FU/cm2. Now I'm sure that wasn't on a completely bald scalp but anyway let's suppose initially Aderans can do something similiar.

If one of those treatments could give you 25FU/cm2 over an area of 240cm2 (norwood 6) you could then add 6,000 by FUE (that would thin the donor by about 30&#37. Those 6,000 all over 240cm2 would give an additional 25FU/cm2 resulting in a combined total of 50/cm2. Let's suppose you weight those 6,000 grafts and in the crown which is 100cm2, you go for 40FU/cm2. Now if you chop the mid scalp and front into 80cm2 and 60cm2 sections respectively (100+80+60) you could have 50FU/cm2 in the mid scalp and almost 67FU/cm2 in the frontal section. I think that in the early days of Histogen and Aderans this might be the best form of attack for those that are heading towards norwood 6 territory. You could do 3 2000 FUE sessions in a calender year. That would be beat the snot out of any 9,000FU for 3 strips and a stupid smiley on the back of your head which is currently the standard today.

Of course as hair cloning/multiplication advances and becomes cheaper you can go for top ups to add more density. Perhaps the Acell autcloning/plucking thing might be up and running. Looks like we'll have some decent options in 5 or 6 years. A synergistic use of treatments will probably give the best results until they have this thing cracked once and for all.

I'm really hoping for Histogen to stop progression. That will set up everything else. Sooner or later you will get your hair back.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Kids today won't have to worry about going bald that's for sure.
    That might be a bit too optimistic, at this point.

Yeah we should get our expectations in check, I can't see this growing hair on completely bald scalps tbh might work well if transplanted hairs are dipped in HSC, then planted to increase density, survival and possibly grow new surrounding hairs from the stimulation of the transplanted stem cells.

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    That might be a bit too optimistic, at this point.
    You don't think in the next 10-20 years anything will come about to prevent today's kids from balding? Maybe not a preventative cure but you gotta believe at least acell and cloning will give full coverage with transplants for when you do go bald, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    You don't think in the next 10-20 years anything will come about to prevent today's kids from balding? Maybe not a preventative cure but you gotta believe at least acell and cloning will give full coverage with transplants for when you do go bald, right?
    Dr. Robert Bernstein has said that Cloning is within ten years. while I know we have heard it again and again from all the "stealth mode companies" I would tend to trust a source like Dr. Bernstein because he generally does not make foolish uninformed statements. Still it's a long time!

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair...ew-york-times/

I still find it hard to take Aderans seriously.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjEyNjI2NjUy.html

Quote Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking that a 10 year old now who is to start balding at 30 won't have any major concerns. In 20 years there'll surely be vastly improved treatments. I'm not talking about gene therapy but Histogen and Aderans and such options will be pretty common place and not such a big deal. Hell a combo of corteoxolone 17 alpha propionate and Histogen could change things big time in 5-7 years. Such treatments could buy someone 10 years perhaps. So really in the example of that 10 year old they could make it to 40 without even considering hair cloning or any form of HT.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I still find it hard to take Aderans seriously.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjEyNjI2NjUy.html
    Lol. Japanese humour. They're so nutty.