+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    @krewel http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/health/...e#.UGge2a7lawS

They say it's years away, but Replicel are already heading into phase 2.
    Which is great.

The video shows, that Replicel is going the right way. The stem cells that female Yale scientist is pointing at on her screen are dermal sheath cup cells, the ones that Replicels guys are using.
    They did not find out something new. But thanks to their technology, they actually show, that Dr.Hoffmanns research results about dermal sheath cup cells are true.

Edit: But also Aderans. Both concepts are actually very similar to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post

The video shows, that Replicel is going the right way. The stem cells that female Yale scientist is pointing at on her screen are dermal sheath cup cells, the ones that Replicels guys are using.
    not at all.
    the 2 women in the video sound like the Aderans guys 10 years ago - about their initial mouse research findings.

But Aderans in 2002 is a world apart from Replicel in 2012. Back then people got excited about growing hairs on a mouse. Now we are safely growing hair on human scalp. That is a monumental leap that not everyone seems to appreciate....taking results on a rodent species and replicating them on ourselves.
    Even if Replicel never gets to market, we have learned from its research and other companies can apply this knowledge. This goes for all research on "next gen" treatments.

I'm excited about these cellular procedures. Right now the only cosmetically viable ways to fight MPB are 1. get on hormone therapy early (fin or dut), or 2. get hair transplants from one of a hand full of quality clinics in the world (and we all know the limitations of that). I think treating this condition at the cell level is the next step.
    I would love for some super effective PGD2 inhibitor lotion to come out in the next couple years, but I am not holding my breath.

If they could actually immunize hair follicles to DHT than I would call that a big damn success. However they are definetly in silent mode now. They got burned by the hype they generated before phase I 6 months results and not being able to produce satisfactory results.

Yes this was the original research that showed it can be done.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14675169

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    If they could actually immunize hair follicles to DHT than I would call that a big damn success. However they are definetly in silent mode now. They got burned by the hype they generated before phase I 6 months results and not being able to produce satisfactory results.
    Silent mode? Didnt they just release a presentation about phase II a few weeks ago? What should they do? Bullhorn Wall Street about their next phase?

Jesus Christ - what is it with people and attacking Replicel? I'd love to see the look on all your faces if they turned around and said "right, screw it, go find your own cure".

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Silent mode? Didnt they just release a presentation about phase II a few weeks ago? What should they do? Bullhorn Wall Street about their next phase?

Jesus Christ - what is it with people and attacking Replicel? I'd love to see the look on all your faces if they turned around and said "right, screw it, go find your own cure".
    Well I wasn't attacking them, but whatever. I am glad they are moving forward. I mean I don't have anything to lose except my hair and I am losing it regardless of their current progress.

So I am cheering for them. If they suceed you can rub it in my face as much as you want. Correction: you can rub it in my face but my newly grown hair just won't care then .

And: what presentation I must have missed it?

Well I wasn't attacking them, but whatever. I am glad they are moving forward. I mean I don't have anything to lose except my hair and I am losing it regardless of their current progress.

So I am cheering for them. If they suceed you can rub it in my face as much as you want. Correction: you can rub it in my face but my newly grown hair just won't care then .

And: what presentation I must have missed it?
    http://www.wsw.com/webcast/rrshq22/r...rrshq22/repcf/

Click & type some BS info to register and it will take you to an audio of their planned phase 2.

immunize a hair follicle against dht and you can grow that hair out to our nearest galaxy and back
    theres a reason why some people can grow hair longer than others, and dht is that reason.

as well as promote cancers!