+ Reply to Thread

Default Advice Please!!!!!! Hair Transplant On Diffused Hair!!!!

Hi all!!! Been a follower of this forum for a while now and have always thought that I would get a hair transplant in the future!!! Been losing my hair for about 4 years now and over the years have done extensive research on what to do. I have had some consultations with doctors, who have many year experience and have given me quotes on the procedure and how many grafts will be needed.

Now my question is that I have been told that I have a diffuse hair loss pattern and having a hair transplant will possible make it look worse then it is!!! Why havent any doctors told me that I am not a candidate for a hair loss if I suffer from this!!!!!

I haven taken finistride for 3 months in the past but had very bad side effects so decide against it!

So ask this forum who have been very helpful in the past what is your say on this!!! Will a hair transplant be benfical or will it ruin more of my hair. What can I do? Why have these doctors whom I say are one of the best have not mention this to me? Can you actually do a hair transplant on diffuse hair loss?

Please help I have included a picture of the head!!!!
    Thank you for any help or advice!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	C66AF9BC-0430-416D-9B0B-0ECC8C25D285.jpg

Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	61400   Click image for larger version

Name:	755FEF16-1E0B-445C-8344-361E19947FE4.jpg

Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	61401  

Doctor Representative Raphael84hair's Avatar

@Elkhalifa

Reading over your post and seeing your photos. Despite pretty harsh lighting on that second photo, it does appear that you have experienced rather significant hair loss. Depending on what your goals are, I believe that you could achieve a significant improvement via a transplant if that is the path that you are looking to take. From the information and photos that you have provided, I don't see any particular reason why you may not be a good candidate. But of course, consult with further Doctors and express your feelings and concerns to them and let them give you their professional opinion.

If you are not taking Finasteride due to the side effects, then there is a good possibility that you will continue to lose further hair. Have you ever tried to use topical Minoxidil? How old are you?

I know how tough hair loss can be brother. Just try and educate yourself as much as possible.

Hello, in my opinion, you are not a diffuse hair-loss sufferer. Based on your photos it looks like your balding has taken the route of the traditional Norwood scale. In my humble opinion this type of balding is best suited to a hair transplant due to the fact that you are filling large almost completely bald areas rather than trying to fill-in unstable gaps of diffuse hair-loss. Diffuse hair loss normally happens in women, however it can affect men as well (myself for one), and is characterised by the overall thinnning of hair nearly across the entire top of the scalp. So in my case I hadn't receded at all but was thinning all over in the approximate shape of a NW5 pattern. All the best and stay strong.

Well said, Diffuse. It doesn't seem like a diffused thinning pattern to me either. If it something that Elkhalifa is considering. A hair transplant could create a significant improvement.

You need to show photos of how thin the hair is on the back and sides of your head for us to answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael84hair View Post
    @Elkhalifa

Reading over your post and seeing your photos. Despite pretty harsh lighting on that second photo, it does appear that you have experienced rather significant hair loss. Depending on what your goals are, I believe that you could achieve a significant improvement via a transplant if that is the path that you are looking to take. From the information and photos that you have provided, I don't see any particular reason why you may not be a good candidate. But of course, consult with further Doctors and express your feelings and concerns to them and let them give you their professional opinion.

If you are not taking Finasteride due to the side effects, then there is a good possibility that you will continue to lose further hair. Have you ever tried to use topical Minoxidil? How old are you?

I know how tough hair loss can be brother. Just try and educate yourself as much as possible.

Hello thank you for your time and quick response. I’m glad you have mentioned that i am a good candidate for a ht. other forums have told me I am doomed. I have tried minoxidil but didn’t really get much luck with that. I am 32 years old and been losing for about 3 years. I’ve got some advice from hair transplant surgeons and they seem to think I am a candidate. But yes I need to do more research and have an appointment with a Trichology to see what is actually wrong up there!!!

@Elkhalifa

You said that you have been losing hair for 3 years. So prior to that you don't feel that there were any signs of hair loss? When you say that you tried minoxidil without any luck. Often such medicines are useful in preventing or slowing down further loss, so it is very hard to gauge how well it was working.

You can do online consults with most if not all recommended Drs on this site. This may be a good way to get some feedback without any hassle. It is a great opportunity to get some genuine feedback from the very best Doctors performing hair transplants. I personally found this extremely useful to speak with several Drs and get a feel for them. It is very easy, with just a few photos sent over and some details with history of your hair loss.

I am currently working with Bisanga & Coles HT clinic as a patient advisor. If I can help you in anyway, just contact me.

Wishing you the best!