+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Where are the fallen soldiers of BTT?

gmonasco, pate, 2020, maradona, etc.

what happened to all of the old veterans? have they just accepted mpb and moved on? have they found treatments that work for them well enough so that they don't think about it anymore? i always wonder what happens to some of these senior members who just disappear...

More than likely they decided hairloss forums were consuming too much of their life and they left

They come and go.

You're only noticing them because they've not stuck around.

Probably tired of answering the same questions over and over to
    new, often temporary, forum members. HL research moves at a snail's pace - not much to talk about.

I don't know about those guys, but all of us will disappear from these forums sooner or later. I plan on sticking around as long as I am in the battle to keep my hair or feel that I can help somebody else keep theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    gmonasco, pate, 2020, maradona, etc.

what happened to all of the old veterans? have they just accepted mpb and moved on? have they found treatments that work for them well enough so that they don't think about it anymore? i always wonder what happens to some of these senior members who just disappear...
    I wonder sometimes as well. I remember Maradona got very depressed when Replicel released results w/ much less regrowth than he expected....last I read he was going to try to get a Gho procedure and put the forums behind him. I think he said he had DUPA around the end of his stay here?

2020 was always reading a bunch of random studies/articles/posts and trying to connect the dots & cure MPB on his own like a mad scientist. At 1 point his regimen was 100% experimental food supplements I think....he was also hyper paranoid about "reflex hyperandrogenism" and quit finasteride 4 months in because he was shedding and thought fin was giving him RA. Shedding at 4 months is completely normal but I think all the theoretical RA stuff he was reading messed with his head too much.
    Hate to say it but my guess is, his experimental regimen is failing him and his MPB progressed. Or maybe he got back on fin and called it quits on the forums.

I still see Fixed by 35 make a post once in awhile. He was the first guy I ever saw on this forum take a strong negative position on MPB....when a lot of posters were saying MPB was no big deal he was basically shutting them down and talking about how it is a social disaster in youth. He was a very "reality check" kind of guy & I actually like that about him, even if I do not agree with everything he says....in some ways he is like the precursor to Scorpion, Highlander, itsmyhairs etc.

lol the BTT poster dynamics can actually be kind of interesting. Hard to believe I have been here off and on since 2010 already....depressing too.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I wonder sometimes as well. I remember Maradona got very depressed when Replicel released results w/ much less regrowth than he expected....last I read he was going to try to get a Gho procedure and put the forums behind him. I think he said he had DUPA around the end of his stay here?

2020 was always reading a bunch of random studies/articles/posts and trying to connect the dots & cure MPB on his own like a mad scientist. At 1 point his regimen was 100% experimental food supplements I think....he was also hyper paranoid about "reflex hyperandrogenism" and quit finasteride 4 months in because he was shedding and thought fin was giving him RA. Shedding at 4 months is completely normal but I think all the theoretical RA stuff he was reading messed with his head too much.
    Hate to say it but my guess is, his experimental regimen is failing him and his MPB progressed. Or maybe he got back on fin and called it quits on the forums.

I still see Fixed by 35 make a post once in awhile. He was the first guy I ever saw on this forum take a strong negative position on MPB....when a lot of posters were saying MPB was no big deal he was basically shutting them down and talking about how it is a social disaster in youth. He was a very "reality check" kind of guy & I actually like that about him, even if I do not agree with everything he says....in some ways he is like the precursor to Scorpion, Highlander, itsmyhairs etc.

lol the BTT poster dynamics can actually be kind of interesting. Hard to believe I have been here off and on since 2010 already....depressing too.
    I've come across 2020 posts on other forums too. Some are a couple years old, so I know he's been doing this for a grip. He's super salty and has a mega-negative attitude, so I know he's pretty gripped by all this.

Probably how I'll be in a year.

I actually miss Highlander. Super toxic, but entertaining.

I heard they all went to bosley

Like someone else said here we all gonna go sooner or later it was just their turn sort of speak...many wont believe me but when i first came to this forum and others i had no problem with hairloss...you may say "then why are you here why waste your time here etc" well im on here no longer then someone who would go on facebook twitter etc...im here to help others or try my best at least.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    yeah MPB has progressed plenty, but I'm caring less and less each day
    The reason I left hair loss forums is because I have been starting to suspect that baldness is not really "genetic" in a way that DHT ---> follicles = hair loss no matter what for those lucky individuals. It's much more complicated than that. Because of that, mainstream hair loss forums with their DHT blockers and snake oil topicals were of no interest to me. Now I'm working at fixing my root causes of baldness instead of trying to patch the symptoms with some experimental treatments and I'm sure I'll be making progress soon...