+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default hairloss-zoloft-more hair fall-suicide

well you know i'm ruined.Cause mpb caused me large anxiety and depression.I had previously some form of ocd but hairloss made it worst so you go on drugs again,they give you this ****ing drug that affects thyroid which cause hairfall and then you will be better cause the drug will make the ocd thoughts go away even if you'll be balder.That works

why are you dumb idiots taking psychotic drugs??? There is no way someone ended up better long term taking those bullshit brain busters

cause you have no choice....

I feel for you man, I don't know what advice I can give though

Try to hang in there! I think you should get off these meds and try to attack the source of your depression, whatever that is. Try to exercise a bit more, maybe try a natural anti-depressant? Like St Johns Wort that I started a thread about.

thank you but i feel trapped.Many people losing hair but to have a depression over this is not accepted.Before hairloss i had depression and took drugs.The reason then was that i couldnt get a relationship and i couldnt be a mucisian just like i wanted.All these started at 21 cause i couldnt handle it anymore.9 months in drugs i was wondering do they really work,i had to abandon my old self to move on,i said i'm satisfied at least i'm young pretty and moved on,i stopped the drugs before that i had noticed that my hairline was progressed but i didnt give so much attention.Then the hairdresser made a comment,i started checking my hairline,i had lost hair for sure,the balding idea started,i'm a norwood 2 you can see my pic,i was terrified of loosing my appearance,even now i cant style my hair the way i want.I'm not satisfied but i can accept it even if i dont like it but i know what it is i know it will progress.People cant understand the fear,you just imagine it they say you'll not go bald,what they dont understand is that baldness is not just an empty head,you can have hair and be a norwood 3,hell i dont like the way it is,some times it's better than the others but if it progress it will never be,it will always be ugly.I cant even start explaining all these,worrying too much about hair is paranoic.Every day i'm thinking about this,i feel worthless added all my previous problems is a disaster.i know i have ocd,if you cant accept reality and the way things are you have ocd.I must not be persistent in anything it is ocd.I dont want to take drugs but i'm forced to do it,i have no power to deny what the others say.If no one believes that i can make it without it then yes i cant.I dont like hiding it,my family tries to hide it,i say tell it i'm ruined why hiding it,i have depression tell it,i'm thinking to tell it to my few friends.I dont care if they wiil think me more of a loser,i have no self esteem anymore.

I must take the drug no matter what.Will my hairloss become worse,probably ,will my sexual health too?surely but the answer i get for this is you are not the only one who take drugs,you need them.Good for the point but what's the point of living a life like this?

I wish i just had a solution,give me my hair back and tell me i will not have to care about this anymore then i'll gain a strength to fight for the others.Yes i'm mental sick for thinking that my hair are that important.I realized that the previous time i had to kill one part of me to be well ,now i have to kill one more,i doupt if the drugs will make me happy,they will just give me strength to live the shity life i have and do what i must to do.And really i doupt if they will do

Inactive

I still think it's funny that you'll take an SSRI but not fin. You realize that antidepressants, if they even work at all, do nothing to solve your problems? You're treating the symptoms, not the cause. But hey, it's your life.

yes that's why i'm doomed to take them forever,the reason is myself the way i am,i cant change what i dont like.If i didnt have any history of depression it would be easier but now not.Taking fin wont do nothing except of keeping my hair with the cost of worsen my depression and lead to other health problems. then i might have hair but only this.I had a lot of problems to be sad about and hair was the final hit.So if it was only that easy.

Fin wouldnt make me better,the doupts,the sides,the whole round shitty life,the ocd diagnose would torture me.I hope you understand.Imagine being ruined by fin,what would i do?would i avoid drugs ?no.Can i avoid them now?,no cause i cant trust myself when all the others tell me to take them.And if i dont take them i'll have no right to complain

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

@Baldy1990,,hang in there bro,,you are not alone. Times WILL be better for you and us.
    Also, do not allow any callous, any ignorant or any immature comments here affect you.
    You have OUR support.

thank you artista.It's not that i want to take drugs,i'm really negative about that and i dont know for how long i'll follow the therapy but i have no choice at the moment.I think the true cure about hairloss is acceptance. while i know i cant do it and i wonder if i'll ever will,many people did it,these people have found the cure.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    thank you artista.It's not that i want to take drugs,i'm really negative about that and i dont know for how long i'll follow the therapy but i have no choice at the moment.I think the true cure about hairloss is acceptance. while i know i cant do it and i wonder if i'll ever will,many people did it,these people have found the cure.
    Let's see:
    Option 1) Spend my entire life miserable, whining on mpb forums about how I didn't get life handed to me.

Option 2) Take a reasonably safe medication with a low incidence of side effects that could probably save my hair. Even if I were in the small percentage to get sides, they would probably go away if I discontinue. If they didn't (probably a .01% chance of this happening. propeciahelp has something like 2k members when there's likely millions of men taking fin)there will likely be a cure or at least more information about PFS in the coming years.

Tough choice.