+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zero guard.

Lightbulb Zero guard.

Try it, won't know until you do. Hair grows back, surprisingly fast when its so short. As in, 3 days or back to a #1.

For those on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Try it, won't know until you do. Hair grows back, surprisingly fast when its so short. As in, 3 days or back to a #1.

For those on the fence.
    Bald men almost always look better with zero guard imo versus others. I have an odd shaped head though, so I hope that's never a decision I have to make.

Ditto, I also have an odd shaped head (and I did cut my hair really short once before years ago) and not a chance of it happening again.

Problem I have with buzzing is that I have these little tufts of hair hanging around in front of the temple recession now that thats kicked in beyond the generalized thinning....bugs me to no end....

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post

For those on the fence.
    Great advice. I think everyone owes it to themselves to try shaving/buzzing their hair and giving it a a good 2-3 months to adjust to the change. If you like the way it looks or could live with it, then you basically have the best possible solution.

I'm guilty of it myself but sometimes I think we're paralyzed from taking steps which will result in a drastic change. If you absolutely can not live with the shaved/buzz look, then maybe you can start looking at other options like transplants. The hair will grow back and you'll be the same as before, unlike a hair transplant where the results are permanent.

I'm surprised looking at hair transplant patients who shave their head prior to the procedure and how many of them can pull the look off surprisingly well. It's something I'm going to try soon before considering the more costly, invasive options.

Thanks for the replies. Truthfully, I don't feel I have the greatest head shape in the world. I zero guard anyway, though. It's worth it not to have to worry about my shitty hair; the mirrors, the concealer, wind, rain, whatever.

To those who feel they 'don't have a good head shape for it' (most common excuse, by the way): try it. You won't know until you do.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    I'm surprised looking at hair transplant patients who shave their head prior to the procedure and how many of them can pull the look off surprisingly well. It's something I'm going to try soon before considering the more costly, invasive options.
    You make some great points. I especially agree that people shouldn't jump at the opportunity to get a hair transplant before trying out a close buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Bald men almost always look better with zero guard imo versus others. I have an odd shaped head though, so I hope that's never a decision I have to make.
    Agreed. I prefer having some hair rather than having none at all. This may not be an option, however, several years down the line. Hm.

Yeah. When i shaved my head sophomore year of HS, i remember someone making a comment about my hair. He was a little douche bag kid I didn't like to be around anyways, but it still made me self-conscious. That, and I can I feel the point of my head at my crown, so it's no mystery to me that it exists. Nice thing is that I'm 24 going on 25; I don't care nearly as much about that stuff as I would have even 2 years ago.