+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 8 months after HT question

Hi there,

Had a 750 graft HT to fill in the sides.
    Density was up to 45 grafts cm/2 ''dense packing'', single hairs in the front and doubles and tripples in the back of the hairline.

Im wondering now though, the transplanted area is still much thinner than the area around my widows peak.
    Does anyone know if it will improve a bit more after 8 months? The hairs also still dont ''fit in'' very well as you can see.

Im asking cause it looks a bit odd now if I part my hair. It looks a bit like im thinning a lot there now instead of having had a ''dense'' transplant.

http://imgur.com/a/aqzNh

1st pick is comparison before and now (8 months later) (p.s. at that time I shaved the very thin hair to see how it'd look like)
    second pick is other side, where you can see what I mean with the much thinner part
    Last pick is an amazingly swag picture of younger me to refer to where my original hairline was (and how ridiculous it already looked in the first place).

Almost 24 years old now

your hair looks fine

Quote Originally Posted by Jackaly View Post
    Almost 24 years old now
    and you had a HT at that age

what are you going o do when you lose more hair

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    your hair looks fine

and you had a HT at that age

what are you going o do when you lose more hair
    Start fin and maybe get another HT when needed later, its a risk you take.

Btw he has putten grafts also where hair still was to compensate for future loss. it's also one of the best doctors in the netherlands. I put my faith in it.

Start fin and maybe get another HT when needed later, its a risk you take.

Btw he has putten grafts also where hair still was to compensate for future loss. it's also one of the best doctors in the netherlands. I put my faith in it.
    I am glad you are confident and don't want to bring you down, but I personally think this was a very risky decision. "getting another HT" in the future is not as simple as it sounds. If you start to lose behind it, it will not look right and then what, another HT? Then you start to lose around that HT, another HT? Are you sure you have ample donor hair, and enough emotional strength to commit yourself to a life of HT's?? I am shocked this doctor did this, especially that you're not on finasteride. He is definitely not one of the best doctors in the Netherlands if he did. Once again, I think you look great right now and am not trying to be an a*shole... it's just the simple fact that when people with MPB get HT's early on when they still have a lot of hair, it almost always turns into a tricky situation at one point or another.

Id rather take the ht now and stop obsessing about it than spending my years on balding forums looking for ways to depress myself about.

He did not accept me with open arms, no. But taking family history in regard and the emotional strength itd give was worth taking the risk.

I would really just want a response to my question though

I would really just want a response to my question though
    To me it looks fine
    I don't see the thinning that you do
    I can't tell you had a HT or where you had it
    But seeing as it's 8 months , they usually say give up to a year .
    Plus you're using lot's of gel , which separates the hair, and makes it look thin
    Good luck

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

Seems that you have an apparent change already at eight months post-op. You may see some more hair in the next few months. The photos will be the proof.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Thanks for the replies, sorry if I sound a bit rude, im a little stressed lately.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTC Clinic View Post
    Seems that you have an apparent change already at eight months post-op. You may see some more hair in the next few months. The photos will be the proof.
    What if new hairs dont grow, will they still change in thickness and/or texture etc? The already grown hairs?

I think this picture will show better what I mean: Pic

you're not being rude man, sorry we didn't address your question and jumped down your throat! haha... I hope everything works out well for you. In terms of texture and length - GENERALLY, if the hair was transplanted properly and without damaging the follicle, the texture and growth rate should mimic that of when it was in the back of the scalp. There are some definite exceptions to this, because the hair is technically in a new environment. The underlying dermis has to form new capillaries and such to supply the hair, nerve innervation, etc... So, with these changes, there may be some changes in appearance of the hair. For example, about 70% of my transplanted hairs grow exactly as they would of in the back of my head... HOWEVER, the ALL the hairs that were transplanted into the midsection of my scalp (without my consent because my doctor was unethical) only grow to a specific length and then completely STOP GROWING. I don't understand this phenomena at all... they are thick, but will only grow 2-3" and stay that way forever. texture is the same.