Dr. Wesley has begun his 3rd 'Pilofocus' Phase Testing- I was finally involved! - Page 45 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    Yeah it has been known for some time now that it is phase 3.
    So if all goes well when should it hit the market?

Over halfway through Jan and no word, so tired of all the promises and lack of information and responses.

Quote Originally Posted by long4hair View Post
    Allthegoodnamesaretaken,Here below is a post by Artista that repeatedly states that Pilofocus is in phase 3.

Dr. Wesley has begun his 3rd 'Pilofocus' Phase Testing- I was finally involved!
    Hello everyone!!

My wife and I returned home yesterday from Dr. Wesley's medical clinic.
    I was a patient in his 3rd Pilofocus Phase Testing which took a few hours to complete on 11/12/15 and then we had a followup the next morning.
    (his second phase testing (with just a few patients) was more or less because he had to once again update his very important endoscopic tools and instrumentation)
    That was important.

Now he is onto his 3rd phase testing and Im excited to have been one of his patients. finally.
    It did not bother me to wait this long.
    I understood what was needed before he could continue.
    I will add more to this later today,,it is every morning here in Illinois. I wanted to finally let all know about this.
    Im hoping for the best for ALL OF US. So is Dr. Wesley!!
    Ah, yes, he's calling that '3rd phase' testing, but according to wiki's page on clinical trials (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phases...arch#Phase_III) an official 'phase 3' clinical trial sounds like a much larger and more expensive thing than what Wesley is doing. I'm under the impression it's so far just been him tinkering with this device on his own and out of his own pocket. I don't know if something like pilofocus has to go through the standard 3 trial phases before approval for the public though.

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    Ah, yes, he's calling that '3rd phase' testing, but according to wiki's page on clinical trials (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phases...arch#Phase_III) an official 'phase 3' clinical trial sounds like a much larger and more expensive thing than what Wesley is doing. I'm under the impression it's so far just been him tinkering with this device on his own and out of his own pocket. I don't know if something like pilofocus has to go through the standard 3 trial phases before approval for the public though.
    Probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by long4hair View Post
    So if all goes well when should it hit the market?
    Thats the whole point. We dont know when or if it will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by tedwuji View Post
    Thats the whole point. We dont know when or if it will be available.

Wikipedia is not a good source in this matter because it says that treatments have to go through two phase 3 studies and that's bs. Hair loss treatments have not been going through two phase 3 studies. They've been going through one phase 3 study. That aside, perhaps largestudies with many people are only required in the case of pills or elixirs because it would not be as expensive to have large phase 3 studies for pills and elixirs. But in the case of procedures the FDA might require smaller studies because procedures can be very expensive.

I do not trust Wikipedia in this matter.

Regarding FDA trials for new tools and procedures.

http://ask.metafilter.com/237620/How...ools-evaluated

1. In the above linked information here is a key quote regarding new surgical tools:

"Compared to drugs, however, devices generally have much, much smaller sample sizes because the target patient population is usually not as large, and gathering more patients is not realistic."

2. In the above linked information here is a key quote about new procedures:

"As far as surgical procedures go, FDA wipes it's hands clean and considers these procedures "practice of medicine." This is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, because oftentimes doctors and surgeons don't have to be worried about liability when they're doing something for a patient that they consider to be best practice."

I'm not sure if the above information comes from people who know what they're talking about or if it's just postings by some JowBlows. The information in the above link could be accurate but I'm not sure about that.

Below is more info I just found about clinical trials for new tools and procedures. And this information looks reliable.

https://books.google.com/books?id=MZ...res%3F&f=false

The above link also indicates that the FDA does not actually regulate new procedures although it does regulate new tools.

Based on the information I've read tonight, which I've provided links to for everyone else here, I believe that this trial that Dr. Wesley is doing now is probably the last trial, or at most there could be one more. I think Dr. Wesley would make a mistake if he does more trials than needed because if he can produce quality donor regeneration he should get his new treatment to market asap so he can seize control of the market and allow his new treatment to build a reputation for quality donor regeneration while other researchers are still stuck in clinical trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    HELLO EVERYONE and I TRULY do APOLOGIZE to everyone for not responding here or trying to HELP others (especially the very young) on this great forum!!
    I have been so very BUSY work-wise, family-wise since the beginning of November and I did have some bad health ISSUES too.
    My health is back to NORMAL,of course, BUT i am STILL truly too busy work-wise for now.
    Things will get better hopefully soon and i can be back on BTT all the time as I use to be.

I still do have everybody's questions and responses on my email BUT I will respond back on all of those in time! I promise that!!

To let everybody know,
    My wife and I did take photographs of my scalps phase tested donor area that had been used specifically by Dr. Wesley back in November 2015.
    I had sent those photos to Dr. Wesley's Pilofocus clinic so that he could see how it is looking.
    My wife and I were both amazed at how it has been looking!!
    Dr. Wesley called me last week on Tuesday (while I was at work of course).
    He was very glad to see how it was looking but of course, I need to get back to his clinic next month (January 2017) so that he can
    medically VERIFY this phase tested area of my scalp.
    Hopefully it turns out to be hair regeneration!!
    Dr. Wesley would NEVER assume anything via any photographs...of course.
    He truly is an honest and sincere doctor!!

I will need to get ready for work now...I will send those photos here so that all of you can see it.
    Cheers to ALL!!!
    Where are the photos?

There will be no photos, there is no regeneration, I'll be surprised if this arsehole has even been within a thousand miles of Wesley's clinic.