I really dont know if Propecia will work - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thats also what I'm looking for, a reliable professional feedback. I mean I'm not demanding very much here and I'm sure it's not just in my head.

I noticed just some thinning before I started to use peopecia 6 months ago. Now its horrible, really horrible. What the f**k I'm supposed to do when my hair just falls out, more for everyday that I use this pill.

Could a doctor please let us know what to do, I mean we are willing to try stuff that is said to work, but this is making everything worse.

Still people say ride it out and it will get better. What if it doesn't get better, I will sue that ass of Merck. Seriously, have they made any studies that sometimes this s**t has a negative impact.

Any doctors here to re-assure that my hair will grow back after all this shedding. I mena is it normal that everytime I put my hands through my hair i loose 40-50 hairs. Yes I do that hair falls out everyday (150 hairs) but if I add this up I'm loosing up to thousand a day.

Is there anyone at Merck that can answer this. If I just knew that some people react negatively on this I would quit tomorrow, but I just don't know

Milad

Wow. you are shedding like crazy then.

I lose about 100-300 hairs a day I think right now. I am definitely shedding. It seems you are losing even more. My hair is the worst it has ever been in my life right now.

I found a picture on my computer that shows my hairline when I was 16(20 now)....so depressing. I had an awesome norwood one...now my hair sucks. What the hlel, so depressing. The temple areas back then were thicker than my top ....wth

mille, I doubt propecia can cause damage to your hair. I know it can cause your hair to shed though.

From: http://minoxidil.com/subpages/journa.../shedding.html

Finasteride

There have been multiple reports of excessive shedding several months after finasteride therapy. Typically, there is a good response to finasteride to prevent or reverse MPB. Then, around the 11th to 16th week, there can be sudden shedding, sometimes on a massive scale. The entire phenomenon fits the description of a telogen effluvium. It is a common observation that post-partum women often suffer the same temporary hair loss. In the case of finasteride use, the telogen effluvium appears to be a reaction to the sudden change in the systemic levels of the sex hormone, DHT. Often the cause of a telogen effluvium are obscure, but has been related to high fevers, stress, trauma, medications, etc.

The shedding is generally diffuse (global) and can affect areas of the scalp not usually affected by MPB. So, it would be common to note shedding from the sides and back of the head in addition to the crown, vertex and frontal areas. The shedding tends to be fairly symmetrical, but will be more noticeable in the areas affected by MPB, because there is a higher ratio of hairs in the telogen phase than in the other areas of the scalp.

The duration of a telogen effluvium is variable, but rarely lasts more than a few months and there is invariably complete restitution unless another pathologic process also occurs.

As a rule, treatment is not necessary because the hair will grow back. For most patients, there is no evidence of residual loss of hair within a year. However, there have been cases of patients taking finasteride and reporting repeated bouts of excessive shedding. In this situation, it would be advisable to discontinue use of finasteride in favor of alternative anti-androgens.

Quote Originally Posted by mille79 View Post
    Hi,

Ok, so I have suffered from hair loss now for 3 years (31 now and strated notocing my hair was getting thin 3 years ago). I started on propecia 6 months ago (the only product I use for hairloss) and I experienced the dreaded shedding.

I thought I would stick to it and it would pass. Now it has been 6 months and the shedding just continues. Everytime I pull my hair for about a minute or two I easily get 40-50 hairs in my bathroom sink. Is this really normal? Why wont the shedding stop?

I dont know if I want to continue but alot of people here and on other forums say it will get better but my hair is getting thinner and thinner.

Last month I cut my hair and my hair looked fine short. This time short is not even working, it seems like the last month I have thinned so much that I can see my scalp in the front (hairline) and the crown.

The hairloss was never so aggressive before I started propecia 6 months ago. What is going on here? My doctor says he does not have an answer. I have one more week of dosage and need to decide if I want to continue for another 3 months. So far I have only shed and lost tons of ground.

What should I do, right now I'm so confused??

Regards
    Milad
    Milad, i know you haven't been online for years but could you please share your story. I am in your situation after 6 months.... please help!!!