Which is more emotionally scarring: Being short(5'4 and below) or really bald??? - Page 4 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Very interesting story, thanks for sharing. I think one has to look for the answer in the acceptance of the fact (baldness) by the person. If he is cool enough to take jokes about it inside a group of people, and it shows, then they will get the message.
    Well although this seems hard to believe- and it is as it took me a long time to realize it- I think that when people (women) bring up your mpb, it is not always to put you down. Sometimes, for whatever reason I cannot explain, it is some show of affection. Although I did not realize it at the time, I think this has happened to me in the past. And I feel nearly 100% sure this is what is going on in his case. I brought up the party to him a few days ago and asked if he noticed the same thing. He said yes and didn't know what was up with her but did notice it.

And who knows, perhaps some women (adult enough, say beyond 25) would prefer a bald guy who does not give a rat's ass about his baldness, over an attractive one who cares too much about his hair (thus creating an atmosphere of insecurity).
    The older you get the more this seems to be is true. Again like the above, not sure why just have noticed it. Back in school we had a short course in biology about mpb. Shortly afterwords, 2 of the girls in my class noticed my hairline was changing and started ripping me about it. Telling me I needed to learn some self control and one betting me I would start getting a bald spot in the back in about 20 years. Well about 2 years ago we all found each other on FB. The one who did most of the put downs is married to a guy with far far less hair than me so obviously something changed about her. The other one's husband is not bald, but def lost hair. So they are both different than when they were younger, for whatever reason.

This reminded me another story about a short and very mediocre (appearance-wise) girl in the university. She had though a very strong character and high self-esteem and managed to attract more guys around her than other nice looking girls. Attitude and good relation with one's self are key to success in every sector
    True but it's a lot harder to do than you would think. "Trying" to be confident is hard to do. The only times I have been successful at it is when I was not thinking about it or trying to act that way.

By the way, I like the type of short hair. It's very brutal, especially using the best cowboy boot brands as an extended one. It looks impressive, and many people are afraid not to have hair. You always need to see the positive side. Good luck everyone.

Inactive

At least with hair loss, it's something that you can typically find ways to work around... Even if you can't have your hair restored with a transplant, there are options for hats/beanies/etc. If you're short and insecure about it, there's absolutely nothing you can do.

I'm 6'0" tall, so it's rare that I run into people significantly taller than me - but I have a couple friends who are in the 6'4" range and I will admit that just talking to them sometimes (and having to look up) makes me feel really small, and there's this weird subconscious "lack of masculinity" feeling that tries to creep in sometimes.... If I have that feeling at my height, I can't imagine what it's like for a guy who's insecure about his height having to deal with those feelings on a daily basis.