4329 Grafts- Fue - Asmed - Dr. Koray - Page 4 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hey everybody, this is a 1-month post update (the photos below were taken at 30 days mark at least).

The situation is dire, almost 90% of the transplanted hair has*been shedding. I guess I need to look in the mirror and welcome with a heavy heart the ugly duckling phase

The shedding in one temple is worst than the other - can't really explain why.

I don't know if you guys can see it in the pics. but there are small hairs sprouting out, I'm having a hard time to believe these are newly grown hairs after only 1 month. maybe slow growing hairs from the HT, we will see in time.

Another thing, As I'm suffering through this ugly duckling phase, I decided I am going to do whatever I can to accelerate the prosses. So I'm going to share with you guys the medication/supplements/shampoos I'm using, tell me what you think:

1. of course Propecia ( actually Proscar which I split 4 ways - I got a year supply from ASMED clinic).

2. minoxidil 5% foam - started at day*28 and will continue using it for 5 months (I don't like,hate the feeling on my scalp, never used it, but it helps growth so I will try just about anything for a limited time). the clinic says not to use minoxidil solution (only after 6 months for it causes skin irritation, unlike minoxidil foam)

3. Nizoral shampoo 2/3 times a week (started after 5 weeks)

4. Sebamed anti-hair loss shampoo (with caffeine) for the days I'm not using Nizoral.

5. maxi hair supplements - which contains Biotin, MSM and a lot of different types of vitamins for hair growths.

6. saw palmetto + pumpkin seed oil

The pics:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1 month 2.jpg

Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	62370Click image for larger version

Name:	1 month 3.jpg

Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	62371Click image for larger version

Name:	1 month.jpg

Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	62372

What do you guys thinking about Minoxidil use after HT? I've never used it before. I read that it can accelerate the growth process in about a month. I also read*here in the forum that it can also harm HT (don't know how).

I have been using it for 20 days now 2 timed a day. I really don't know whether*I should stop or not. I don't want to do anything that can slightly harm my HT, even if it means longer (or normal) ugly duckling phase.**

Any advice/thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Templesrunner View Post
    What do you guys thinking about Minoxidil use after HT? I've never used it before. I read that it can accelerate the growth process in about a month. I also read*here in the forum that it can also harm HT (don't know how).

I have been using it for 20 days now 2 timed a day. I really don't know whether*I should stop or not. I don't want to do anything that can slightly harm my HT, even if it means longer (or normal) ugly duckling phase.**

Any advice/thoughts?
    I've been using minoxidil foam once a day for the past two weeks (we had hair transplant on the same day). ASMED says not to use it for a long time after transplant but many other doctors say to use it. I've used it for the past 12 years (once per day) so I wasn't willing to completely stop other than the two weeks before/after the hair transplant. I don't think it can hurt.

I also started using EMU oil on the transplanted hair at night along with saw palmetto, msm, biotin, and multivitamin pills. Who knows if any of that actually helps but worth a shot.

I'll probably post some pictures soon but I'm definitely in the ugly ducking phase too and not fun taking pics ha.

I think you have an advantage of lack of stress from not having to work the next few months. My work can be somewhat stressful which I don't think is helpful after a transplant.

Hey,

Since you been using it for a long time, it's not the same as a first time user.

I plan on using it for 3-4 month tops, just to speed up things.

I really want to see your progress. let me know when you post them.

it's a hard time now - nothing to do but wait.

you are not taking the propecia supply you got from the clinic?

I'll post some pics next week.

Yes I am taking the propecia they gave me, but I have been on propecia for about 13 years. It definitely helped with the back of my hair but not so much the front. In January I started dutasteride every other day as well as the daily propecia. It is overkill but I didn't want to suddenly switch from one to the other.. At the end of this year I will probably stop propecia and just take the dutasteride as it is stronger and substantially longer half life.

Hey everybody,

2 months update.

Most of the hair has shedded. from a far the temples look empty and sick. But closer look I can see a lot of new hairs (look closely at the pics)

It's a bit early for growth, maybe because all the supplements I take, maybe not.

Name:	IMG-20190513-WA0030.jpg

Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	62714Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190513-WA0032.jpg

Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	62715Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190513-WA0031.jpg

Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	62716Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190513-WA0029.jpg

Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	62717

It’s too early and didfocult to tell based on those pictures. Most people supposedly don’t start growing until the 3rd month. I think you are going to have a good result though, your hair seems to grow fast too.

Are you still taking minoxidil? I saw somewhere else you said you were going to stop.

Yeah i stopped minoxi after 25 days.

it's early yes, but if you look closely on the second pic for an instant, you can see short new hairs. of course nothing massive. but i'm glad to see its starts this early

Maybe here you can see better, I pulled the long hairs (the once that did not shedd) up so you can see the new shoter hair more clearly. also you can see black dots of new hairs

anyway it's still unnoticeable for a far. and i'm still in the ugly duckling phase of course i'm not delusional

For me any progress even a small one is something.

Name:	IMG-20190513-WA0005.jpg

Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	62727

Hey guys!

it's 3 months mark! (almost 2 days left)

There is a major improvement from month 2.*

The hair is still not dense enough of course but I'm only at 3 months, so I*have a lot of growth time left.

The photos I upload here are focused at the temples, so you can judge the growth, but I'm not going like this outside. I'm wearing it down so it looks much better than the pics I upload here (I attached a pic with the hair down).

the middle of the hairline growth*is falling behind the temples, dunno why, I hope it will catch up soon.

Still*continue with the regime.

what do you think of the growth rate so far?

Name:	IMG-20190611-WA0016.jpg

Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	63217Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190611-WA0015.jpg

Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	63218Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190611-WA0014.jpg

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	63219Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190611-WA0013.jpg

Size:	88.3 KB