+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ok. Don't take it then. I don't know why people keep coming here and telling us this drug does this and this one does that. Some people here have nothing better to do but keep telling us how bad Finasteride is and how it's the most dangerous drug ever made.... The same thing is going on with Minoxidil. Here and on other forums people keep telling us Minoxidil makes your face look like shit and makes you look older.... Ok. DON"T ****ING USE MINOXIDIL OR FIN. It's not like we're kids here. We know what the hell we're doing and all of us -I'm assuming- can make our own decisions. Why don't people get it? Talk about a topic that hasn't been discussed like 10 million times.

And like I said before, I'd rather look 70 with hair than look young with no hair (bald), that is IF you can ever look young when you have a balding head.

People on Ask a patient report as side effects of Rogain, among other things

headache, foggy, feeling, sudden weight gain, loss of sex drive, premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, weakness, booby chest, raised blood pressure, soft erecions, extreme anxiety, lethargy, severe heart palp, stiffness in neck/choking sensation, insomnia, loss of size of penis over 3 month period................................

Its all on
    http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...H%20(FOR%20MEN)

Ok seriously!! Whats up with hairloss medication and side effects??

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Some people here have nothing better to do but keep telling us how bad Finasteride is and how it's the most dangerous drug ever made....

Ok. DON"T ****ING USE MINOXIDIL OR FIN. It's not like we're kids here. We know what the hell we're doing and all of us -I'm assuming- can make our own decisions. Why don't people get it? Talk about a topic that hasn't been discussed like 10 million times.
    If it's been discussed 10 million times, then it begs the question why. There must be more to the side effects phenomenon than the 2% figure (on par with placebo) that Merck publicly states. It's therefore important that men are aware of this before they start the drug. If Merck aren't going to do it, who will?

We're here to share experiences and learn. Without the former, there's no latter.

As mentioned it does effect collagen synthesis but just don't go smearing it on your face and you should be fine. No biggie. Tends to cause a knid of bloated appearance more often from what I've read. But its safety profile is very good.

I never paid any attention to reports of side effects in the decade that I was on hair loss meds. However, since I stopped minoxidil 2 years ago, I have noticed a marked improvement in my facial skin quality. Even in my early twenties, I had deep smile lines on the sides of my mouth, very dark circles under my eyes, and a general "pasty" quality to my skin. I am now 34 and all of these issues have reversed. Did something else cause this improvement? I guess it's possible, but I have also been quite ill over the past two years (which is why I quit minoxidil in the first place) and so I should be looking worse not better.

If I were to make the call based on my experience I would say yes, it can cause wrinkles and aging but no, it is not permanent after stopping.

By the way, I think minoxidil is a good drug and I would recommend it to anyone losing their hair. I have no dog in this fight, just reporting my experience.

TheDude, evidence shmevidence. The only evidence that I have before me is MY OWN. I've been using Minoxidil since late 90's and I'm always told I look younger than my age. My skin (face) looks smoother than that of many around me who are 10 years younger than myself. No bags and no shit under my eyes. This is the ONLY evidence and only FACT that I need. I'm not going to believe something just because there's a "study" that says this or that. I'm believing less and less in those so-called "studies" by the day. It seems those behind those "studies" are making a business out of them (studies) and they have nothing to do with facts.
    The other thing, there is NO DRUG under the sun that doesn't have the possibility to cause some negative effects on your body. There are meds that are so dangerous -to some- that they can cause death but despite this fact they are still available because their benefits outweigh their negatives. That goes for every drug. If you're so scared of side effects of drugs then you should never ever use any kind of drug/med and you might as well wanna go live in a cave. Side effects (or the possibility of them) go hand in hand with using drugs and that's a FACT. Maybe we should just ban all drugs because a small % of people might have side effects. Of course, the same goes for Finasteride. Maybe we should also ban peanuts,eggs...because they can be lethal to some who are allergic to them!

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Ok. Don't take it then. I don't know why people keep coming here and telling us this drug does this and this one does that.
    My theory is the companies that make the snake oils started all these scares to try to get people to stop using legitimate proven treatments and buy their bogus treatments instead.

Minoxidil has been on the market for a very long time. These scares are relatively recent buy comparison. Why was no one complaining about anything like this years before now? Maybe it only effects those who where raised by videos games this way.

Its called knowledge!

If people can't handle the truth and refuse to see the possibility that putting foreign substances in/on your body may have side effects then why are you on this forum??

I rather do something eyes open knowing as many outcomes as possible then go in blind folded.. And if you disagree get an education!

Conspiracy theories are nice way of telling the world that you have nothing better to do with your time..

I for one will be educated as to the consequences of taking such drugs, whether or not i decide to take them after that is my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    And if you disagree get an education!
    You are way out of line buster.