Threaded View

Default Been on Propecia for 14 months

Hi,

I'm 32 and I starting noticing my hairloss about 4 years ago. As I have had very thick hair I did not do anything about it as it was a relief in the beginning to loose some hair and dont need to go to the barber once every 3 weeks.

About a year ago the thinning started to be much mote noticible and I started on Propecia. The shedding was massive in the beginning and everyone said it will grow back, never did!

Now 14 months after I started the treatment my hair is much thinner and the shedding has not stopped. I can loose up to 50 hairs just brushing my hair in the sink (I know you loose up to 150 hairs a day) and this is just from brushing for 3 minutes.

I have had no side effects, not that I have noticed (feel sometimes a little bit more tired and I dont have the same muscle growth, go to the gym 5 times a week)

So, I'm in a stage now that I dont think this is working for me?? I'm just terrified to quit and have even more shedding. I really don't know what to do?

All I know is that my hair looked much much much better 14 months ago when I started propecia. Any advice? Should I quit for a couple of months and see how that goes? Will I shed alot? I read on another forum that a guy ended treatment and the hair regrew. Could it really be that for some propecia has a reverse effect?

I'm so lost here...

Thanks

Milad