+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Westonci View Post

Any thoughts on this guys?

Click below for larger pic

http://i.imgur.com/kKs7jTp.jpg
    This stuff clearly works, at only 12 weeks he has cosmetic improvement and she showed that the improvement continues greatly even after a year.

On top of that they said they are perfecting the formula, so it should become even more efficacious on hairloss.

Incredibly exciting, likely starting phase III by Q1 in Japan/Turkey/Mexico(close to having partners in those three countries) if I heard her correctly.

Upside: you could easily fly there and get the treatment.
    downside: does the effect hold or does DHT continue to do it's job after a couple years? Will I still have to use FIN/DUT? and of course it's not a 100% cure, but looks to be the type of thing that will bring you from a NW4-5 to a NW2.

I would say that the lines are definitely off, but the hair behind absolutely looks healthier and less miniaturized then it did in the before picture. To my eye, there is definitely significant improvement, but the measurements of where the makers were drawn are a full inch or so off.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    does the effect hold or does DHT continue to do it's job after a couple years? Will I still have to use FIN/DUT? and of course it's not a 100% cure, but looks to be the type of thing that will bring you from a NW4-5 to a NW2.
    That is something which is also unclear for me. They weren't able to examine that problem as their trials were too short. And the next phase won't be long enough. But if Histogen can take about two norwoods back, I won't be complaining and with Ht I will be saved. Even if the hair wouldn't be DHT-resistant, I don't mind doing this procedure again few years later to have the same effect. But hey, remember that finally we will have other things to maintain: Seti, CB and of course Repicel. So for now it's useless to consider the necessity of taking fin after histogen treatment. Whatever the answer is, with Histogen the game will be totally changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arieux View Post
    That is something which is also unclear for me. They weren't able to examine that problem as their trials were too short. And the next phase won't be long enough. But if Histogen can take about two norwoods back, I won't be complaining and with Ht I will be saved. Even if the hair wouldn't be DHT-resistant, I don't mind doing this procedure again few years later to have the same effect. But hey, remember that finally we will have other things to maintain: Seti, CB and of course Repicel. So for now it's useless to consider the necessity of taking fin after histogen treatment. Whatever the answer is, with Histogen the game will be totally changed.
    Oh for sure, at the very least we will have an alternative to fin with SETI heading into Phase II right now, SM and CB finishing phase II, BIM being a better alternative to minoxidil, and in theory Replicel having alot of potential.

So excited for the next 2-3 years, finally feels like a tangible product is on it's way! No longer in that period where we're only talking about one product, multiple options are now being talked about.

I dont think we'll be back at NW0, but if we can all thicken our hair and hold onto what we have until a true stem cell cure comes in 5-10 years I think many of us would get a massive confidence boost and truly be much happier in life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aliZkEuHtmk&t=20m27s

The results on this guy are undeniable.

I get what westonci means. This just shows that its not all clean with this Histogen deal. They make such good research and perfection of their formula, when they can't do such easy thing as taking a photo properly. Why not just go all honest, even if it wouldn't show such a great improvement. We know there is no "quick fix" for mpb, but please, don't fool with us.

I do hope that there is at least some improvement with these treatments. Maybe all of them could let us reverse the mbp. That would be great. At least in my 30s I would be able to enjoy some hair on my scalp.

I saw that Histogen became very active recently, they would have two presentations this month, one during World Stem Cell Summit 2015: http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/news.htm

I am just waiting for the official information of start of next phase for Histogen and Replicel very soon and then I could be more confident. I won't be NW6 in 3 years, so I'd like to focus on my career and save some money for the coming treatments and/or good HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Westonci View Post

Any thoughts on this guys?

Click below for larger pic

http://i.imgur.com/kKs7jTp.jpg
    although after the histogen interview it looks like the product works to some degree, the before/after pics are very fishy and clearly presented in a way that we get tricked. all those pics are shown with different angles and some kind of combovers. i believe, there is some improvement with histogen, but not as much as they want us make believe. those pics are clearly beautified and even a bit manipulated like the picture with the changed marking line shows. the line is simply not the same, which could be seen as trickery.
    of course it can't be the same line, because let's try to find a volunteer who doesn't mind having such a line on his head for many weeks. not many would do that. thus, the line was washed off probably after the before pic, and then, the second time the line was drawn, it simply was drawn much higher, to make people believe of good regrowth. also the changed viewing angle in the after pic contributes to this effect.
    we can only hope that histogen doesn't lie with their macropic-trichoscan numbers, but those pictures are clearly trickery. i also have a theory on the other two after pictures shown in the presentation. to me, even they look like they want to trick us. however, the pics are discussed also on another forum. many members believe the results are real, where a few of them think they are tricked. in my opinion the truth is somewhere in the middle, but the trickery on the images show me already that histogen currently is still a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    although after the histogen interview it looks like the product works to some degree, the before/after pics are very fishy and clearly presented in a way that we get tricked. all those pics are shown with different angles and some kind of combovers. i believe, there is some improvement with histogen, but not as much as they want us make believe. those pics are clearly beautified and even a bit manipulated like the picture with the changed marking line shows. the line is simply not the same, which could be seen as trickery.
    of course it can't be the same line, because let's try to find a volunteer who doesn't mind having such a line on his head for many weeks. not many would do that. thus, the line was washed off probably after the before pic, and then, the second time the line was drawn, it simply was drawn much higher, to make people believe of good regrowth. also the changed viewing angle in the after pic contributes to this effect.
    we can only hope that histogen doesn't lie with their macropic-trichoscan numbers, but those pictures are clearly trickery. i also have a theory on the other two after pictures shown in the presentation. to me, even they look like they want to trick us. however, the pics are discussed also on another forum. many members believe the results are real, where a few of them think they are tricked. in my opinion the truth is somewhere in the middle, but the trickery on the images show me already that histogen currently is still a bubble.
    I don't think this picture is that impressive at all. He obviously has grown his hair out and combed it over. There may be SOME regrowth, but nothing too impressive

This picture looks like a typical hair loss commercial picture.