X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gutted
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by sizzlinghairs
    Thanks guys.

@ Gutted, cant remember, but since you started your front has at least thickened up from its original state correct? Absolutely no new, even minute, growth whatsoever there though?
    yes definiteley, density (hairs per cm2) has increased in the frontal region giving the illusion of thicker hairs since baseline - this implies new hairs are growing in there but its still no way near enough the density pre mpb.

Along with the miconazole (which I feel could defin speed things up) why not also try hydrocortisone 1-2%? I use scalpicin xtra str. I believe it has helped me in these areas.
    I would but id like to know which is actually giving me results rather than use both at once.
    people who use miconazole nitrate also report faster nail growth and faster hair growth which is another common reported side effect of the drug "benaxoprofen" which can reverse MPB - IMO i think MN affects cox2/5-lox pathways hence why it may grow hair for some.

Has the scalpicin xtra str grew any hairline and temporal hairs for you?

Comment

• gutted
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by nikemata
      Great i am about to note my progress. I am hoping to see great results in my first month.
      take trx2 with 6000-9000 grams of msm per day.

Comment

• sizzlinghairs
        • Apr 2011

@Gutted, I think the hydro has helped sprout/speed up some growth a long the hairline, although cant say for sure.

What I can say for sure is that there are studies out there done with minox which quote hydrocortisone as *consistently* (dont think there was one time where it didnt) increasing the amount of regrowth, when used in combination.

I have also read multiple reports of people getting regrowth with just hydro alone. Cant remember if it was 1 or 2 % though.

It makes sense as HC is a potent anti-inflammatory so might be helping with PGD-2/other inflamm. responses etc.

Comment

• gutted
          • Jan 2011

@Gutted, I think the hydro has helped sprout/speed up some growth a long the hairline, although cant say for sure.

What I can say for sure is that there are studies out there done with minox which quote hydrocortisone as *consistently* (dont think there was one time where it didnt) increasing the amount of regrowth, when used in combination.

I have also read multiple reports of people getting regrowth with just hydro alone. Cant remember if it was 1 or 2 % though.

It makes sense as HC is a potent anti-inflammatory so might be helping with PGD-2/other inflamm. responses etc.

Yes it does make sense and was already looking into HC, I may add it in the future after my trial with MN.

Comment

• Jcm800
            • Jan 2011

Great i am about to note my progress. I am hoping to see great results in my first month.
            Lmao what planet are you on?

Comment

• nikemata
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
              Lmao what planet are you on?
              oh Why?...

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

oh Why?...
                Results after a month? Sorry it ain't going to happen..

Comment

• ian
                  • Apr 2012

Hi Guys,
                  this is my first post on here, i have been using TXR2 for 2 months and just ordred another six months supply, my hair does seem thicker but i have have always had a good lot of air but started to recede alot , so decided to try this, but just wondered if there is any side effects as for the last week my skin as started to itch alot and get like a burning sensation only light but seem to be scrating alot is this a side effect from TXR2. Ian

Comment

• sizzlinghairs
                    • Apr 2011

Hi Ian, welcome. What you are talking about is most likely effects from the niacin in Trx2.

The weird part about it is that niacin usually does this when someone first starts taking it.. Maybe your side effect is from something else.

Just to be clear, you JUST started noticing it these last couple of weeks?

Anyone else on here get something like this?

Comment

• ulanude
                      • Dec 2011

Hi Ian, welcome. What you are talking about is most likely effects from the niacin in Trx2.

The weird part about it is that niacin usually does this when someone first starts taking it.. Maybe your side effect is from something else.

Just to be clear, you JUST started noticing it these last couple of weeks?

Anyone else on here get something like this?
                      Yeah I also had a bit of a niacin flush in the beginning (think for the first week or two) but this has stopped since. if the itchy skin just started last week although you have been taking trx2 since 2 month i'd think of other possible causes

Comment

• ian
                        • Apr 2012

Hi Guys,
                        I have just started my 3rd bottle and into month 3 of taking TRX2 but i never had any itching , it has just been the last week or so, at first i thought nothing of it but now i am itching all over, but i have been taking 3 capsules at once and wondered if i should take one three times aday. Ian

Comment

• ulanude
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ian
                          Hi Guys,
                          I have just started my 3rd bottle and into month 3 of taking TRX2 but i never had any itching , it has just been the last week or so, at first i thought nothing of it but now i am itching all over, but i have been taking 3 capsules at once and wondered if i should take one three times aday. Ian
                          good idea. if it really is a niacin flash then this is likely to do the trick. myself taking 2 in morning and 1 in evening

Comment

• ian
                            • Apr 2012

I am on my 3rd bottle into 3rd month taking TRX2, and never had any itchin at all it as just started this week and i have it all over but don't know if it is a side effect and will go away,

Comment

• gutted
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ian
                              I am on my 3rd bottle into 3rd month taking TRX2, and never had any itchin at all it as just started this week and i have it all over but don't know if it is a side effect and will go away,
                              it may be the niacin flush you are talking about.

Do you get the itch all over your body?

you may be better off taking the capsules with food to try and avoid the severity of the itch.

Comment

• sizzlinghairs
                                • Apr 2011

Were you always taking the pills together at once or spaced throughout the day? Can you think of any other changes in your life, maybe water temperature int he shower or some other reason for dry skin? A different food you are eating?

Just asking other members again, has anyone else experienced something like this?

It could also be the niacin in your third bottle is a little more potent than the other bottles. Maybe was a different batch in the warehouse or something..

Comment

Working...