+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default help me with a plan

Hi guys ,Im gonna start with to say im sorry for my bad English ,im a poorly educated german living in Sweden for the moment..

Here is the thing ,im a heading for a NW 4 and iv'e totally lost my looks since i shaved my head. I went from being a pretty boy to look like a alien ,this i mainly beacuse of my big head,thin neck and weak facial features with really big cheeks,no chin. Yet im still forced to shave it ,becasue being 26 and having the horseshoe...i don't think so. When i shaved it everybody told me it looked weird and that i should grew my hair out again ,i had pretty long hair when i decided to shave. I really don't know what to do, it's too late for propecia/minox, my father is a nw6 so i don't wanna do a HT with a half decent result. I guess there are guys out there, like me, who absolutely don't rock the bald look ,im curious how you handle it? and any suggestions what i should do? Iv'e been thinking of some surgical procedure to strenghten my jawline or something ,but i dont know..

Im going to try posting some pics so you can see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by chribbs View Post
    Hi guys ,Im gonna start with to say im sorry for my bad English ,im a poorly educated german living in Sweden for the moment..

Here is the thing ,im a heading for a NW 4 and iv'e totally lost my looks since i shaved my head. I went from being a pretty boy to look like a alien ,this i mainly beacuse of my big head,thin neck and weak facial features with really big cheeks,no chin. Yet im still forced to shave it ,becasue being 26 and having the horseshoe...i don't think so. When i shaved it everybody told me it looked weird and that i should grew my hair out again ,i had pretty long hair when i decided to shave. I really don't know what to do, it's too late for propecia/minox, my father is a nw6 so i don't wanna do a HT with a half decent result. I guess there are guys out there, like me, who absolutely don't rock the bald look ,im curious how you handle it? and any suggestions what i should do? Iv'e been thinking of some surgical procedure to strenghten my jawline or something ,but i dont know..

Okay firstly you don't look like an alien and no doubt you're your own worst critic. I'll tell you what you do look like, you look like the other guys worldwide who have lost their hair. If you're unhappy with your appearance and dont want to go down the transplant route then it's best to work with what you have got.
    Try putting on a little weight ( go to the gym and lift some weights) this will broaden your shoulders and thicken your neck, you'll also put a bit of weight on in the face. Keep your facial hair neat and trimmed or try going for the stubble look. Get some sun on your skin, almost all bald guys look better with a bit of a tan.
    People are saying it looks weird and you should grow your hair back out most likely because they aren't used to seeing you shaved down, this happens to pretty much everyone when they shave it down, soon enough your shaved head will become the norm.
    So there you go, you're bald and you're not happy (it sucks I know when you're not happy with how you look) but you got to work with what you got. Best of luck.

Kayman's got it right. Lift, eat, tan. Rinse, repeat. It is your (our) only option, with regards to a plan in place.

I'll bump Davey Jones thread up in this section so you can feed to that.

As for strengthening your jawline, the answer is evident: grow a beard. So much of your face is blocked out that it's difficult to see what style of beard would look best on you, but I tend to recommend the full beard. Of course, I'm partial, though; I shaved last summer and thought I had no chin, so I regrew the beard.

Not a lot of guys, especially white guys, can pull of the slick-dome look, though, and a shaven head with a beard looks even more odd or foreign. In order to do have the beard, you'd have to keep the horseshoe at a decent length, having continuous growth around the head and down to the cheeks and chin. Just keep the wreath and the beard neat (see the barber at least monthly) and dress neatly and you should be fine.

Shaved head > Horseshoe. Simple.

You're entitled to your opinion, Clandestine. Though Vladimir Putin, Gerald Ford, Winston Churchill, almost every French president, and almost every male British royal would disagree with you.

The OP originally said he didn't like the shaved look, like many men don't. A lot depends on our occupation, age, social position, and the image we want to put forward to others. Of course, as Kayman said, we're all our own worst critics, and thus think of the effect of hair loss on our appearance as worse than it actually is. Even still, it's a confidence killer, and it's that loss of confidence that can affect us socially much more so than anything else. Thus, we have to do what would make us most confident--and shaving or buzzing, if a man like the OP didn't ordinarily do that before noticeable hair loss, can often destroy a man's confidence in his appearance. Potential mates, employers, and business partners will tell you that lack of confidence is less desirable than anything.

So I really think that we ought to stop talking about head-shaving or the buzzcut as the sine qua non of balding hairstyles. All this talk of that just seems to bully those who wouldn't ordinarily do that into doing it, making them think they look even worse, and making them thus all the more insecure. Moreover, I think it rather faddish.

But I think we can all agree that both shaved head and horseshoe > combover.

Appreciate and respect your point of view, mpalardy! Thanks for taking the time to elaborate.

I feel the younger a man is, the less acceptable horeshoe /evident loss will be. But I agree, shaved certainly isn't for everyone. At best, we all try to make do with what we have to make ourselves feel comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by chribbs View Post

Dude, you look great in the pics! You rock the clean scalp look....Rock on man.

If you have a realistic expectation, you can have couple of HST with dr. Gho to have a hairline that frame your face with a light coverage behind it and then rock the shaved look since those procedures are scarless.
    I think buzzed hair with decent hairline to frame the face will look better than the bald look.

1. let your beard grow, just like on the first picture

2. dont shave your hair, cut your hair very short so you widow's peak show a bit